Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:20 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: HTC HD2
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:38 pm 

GPS: HTC HD2
Hello

I'm really new here and I would like to turn my HTC HD2 into a GPS navigator... I've been reading the FAQs and also other sources but end up all rather confused. I thought I should ask my questions here to clear my doubts...

1) Can the HTC HD2 use Garmin GPS software? From what I read, it seems that the Garmin software (Mobile XT) works only with Garmin GPS hardware. Does this refer to the actual Garmin GPS (those used in cars) or are there phones that actually have a built-in Garmin GPS?

2) What kind of GPS does the HD2 have? I don't remember it coming with any navigation software. So how do I go about getting it to work with MSM?

Thanks!!!

Regards
Ming Ern

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: HTC HD2
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:21 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Handheld, PDA Based
TeoMingErn wrote:
1) Can the HTC HD2 use Garmin GPS software? From what I read, it seems that the Garmin software (Mobile XT) works only with Garmin GPS hardware. Does this refer to the actual Garmin GPS (those used in cars) or are there phones that actually have a built-in Garmin GPS?
There are 2 versions of GMXT, 1 is the free version (downloadable from Garmin site) which can only work with Garmin GPS receivers such as Garmin GPS10x BT receiver, and the other one is the purchasable data card version which can work with non-Garmin receivers such as device's built-in GPS receiver.

TeoMingErn wrote:
2) What kind of GPS does the HD2 have? I don't remember it coming with any navigation software. So how do I go about getting it to work with MSM?

It comes with a built-in GPS receiver, and you need to have it installed with purchasable GMXT data card version to be able to use MSM-Garmin map. Or alternatively, buy a Garmin GPS10x and download and use GMXT for free.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:06 pm 

GPS: Garmin 2455LMT (6.66 map), HTC TyTN, Dopod 818Pro, Garmin Mobile 10X, MoblieXT 4.20.50, MSM 5.31
I have a similar question.

I use HTC TyTN, MXT and Mobile 10x.

1. On new phones that advertise GPS, does this mean they have internal receivers and you choose what software to buy extra, and then get maps?

2. If you want to use Garmin maps (USA and Europe) (and Malsing for here) does it mean the internal receiver must be a Garmin receiver or does it not matter who the manufacturer is of the receiver?

3. Are the internal receivers equal in quality and specifications of at least a Garmin 10x or are they cheap, horrible units that make you curse the day you were born and force you onto Nuviphone, Nuvi or Mobile 10x, anyway?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:21 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Handheld, PDA Based
cvco wrote:
1. On new phones that advertise GPS, does this mean they have internal receivers and you choose what software to buy extra, and then get maps?

2. If you want to use Garmin maps (USA and Europe) (and Malsing for here) does it mean the internal receiver must be a Garmin receiver or does it not matter who the manufacturer is of the receiver?

I can only answer Q1 & Q2.

A1. Yes, GPS enabled phones are equipped with built-in GPS receivers. Some of them are bundled with navigation software and map, while most are sold without any navigation software/map.

A2. If you plan to use Garmin maps in your phone, you would need to use Garmin Mobile XT. While the free version can only work with Garmin receivers, the purchasable full version will work with any receiver, be it internal or external.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:03 am 

GPS: malsingmaps v3.01
where can i buy garmin mobile XT ?
from teh official sites ?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:55 am 

GPS: Dont Know
Hai everyone,

Just started using WM Mapking 2007 on my HD2 two days ago. Actually this is the first time that I ever used a GPS before (kind of feel like a caveman using fire for the first time.e.e.e). It works well to me as I try it routing from Putrajaya to Segambut. Thanks to the HD2 4.3 inch screen, everything looks great..hahahha.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:56 pm 

GPS: Garmin iQue M4
Garmin XT and papago works well. Garmin arrival time is in actual time but papago in hours, minute. Papago have junction view.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:45 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: c216QAPi
sasaran wrote:
Hai everyone,

Just started using WM Mapking 2007 on my HD2 two days ago. Actually this is the first time that I ever used a GPS before (kind of feel like a caveman using fire for the first time.e.e.e). It works well to me as I try it routing from Putrajaya to Segambut. Thanks to the HD2 4.3 inch screen, everything looks great..hahahha.

can tell where you get mapking2007?
i ve tried a company but they only sell mapking stand alone devices

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:06 pm 

GPS: Dont Know
Actually got it from a friend using HD2. He asked me if I would like to try it out. Next thing you known he already install it on my HD2.