Samsung/Omnia: Questions & Guide

Discussions on Palm /Windows Mobile PDA & PDA Phone + GPS combo

Moderator: Moderators

chewitt
GPS: Omnia+GMXT+[dy/dx]malsingmap = Superb
(AgisNav --> Buried)

Re: OMNIA..OMNIA...Can't sleep well cause my GarminQue not Speak

#141 Post by chewitt » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:04 pm

Thanks GOD, almost 5 months... Now I can sleep well. Forget Que... This toy with GMXT now "speak" to me... :D

Thanks to Japenese Taxi Driver --> 1st time saw live application of GPS Navigator in Japan yr 1999
Thanks to nage / nagededraegen (ref./source) --> Person who expose me to PPC with GPS Navigator since ~yr 2006

Thanks to Malsingmaps administrator/moderators/sponsor --> I learnt basic/integration by sometimes read forum since 2007
Thanks to trajet2b --> Show passion, advise newbies solve problem, read in yr 2007 gain additional knowledge.
Thank to Rosman --> I can't forget your comment "Who says Garmin don't work on Omnia?"

Thanks to khairi_888 and chokia from forum.mypdacafe.com --> Feasible "idea" for me to proceed to force my toy to speak.

Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...
Next step for me is to learn how to contribute...Hopefully fit to join in to obtain unlock codes...Another 5 mths???Hahaha
Last edited by chewitt on Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

#142 Post by bartmp8 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:41 pm

Congratulations Bro chewitt, Hope you sleep well tonight. Contributing to MSM is not
difficult. No need 5 months la. 5 days will do. :wink:

How and what can I contribute to obtain unlock codes?

rick89
GPS: Samsung Omnia I-900

Re: Help needed over here!!!

#143 Post by rick89 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:02 pm

I think most of the software eg. Mobile XT, Garmin Que or Mapking allow your to enter you location in such ways... Perhaps you need to install that and play around with it...
:-k I might not want a navigation software as I already have AGIS on my phone which is freaking useless at times. :x I want a software that provides me an offline map which works like Google Map and allows me to key in co-ordinates. Google Map will charge me for the GPRS used. Any idea I can get hold of such software??? :(

Urgent reply needed!

Thanks!

-lost kiddo-

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

#144 Post by bartmp8 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:29 pm

rick89 wrote: :-k I might not want a navigation software as I already have AGIS on my phone which is freaking useless at times. :x I want a software that provides me an offline map which works like Google Map and allows me to key in co-ordinates. Google Map will charge me for the GPRS used. Any idea I can get hold of such software??? :(

Urgent reply needed!

Thanks!

-lost kiddo-
In case you have not worked it out yet, MSM makes its own maps of MY/SG/Brunei.
To use the maps, you don't need GPRS, 3G, connections etc. You just have to be
in an open space under the sky (incl inside a car). How much more offline do you need?

You are using Omnia right? According to Bro Rosman in This Topic, you can use Garmin MXT.

I think you have been mis-informed regarding the concept of GPS. Or maybe I mis-read
your post. Either way, belum try, belum tau.

thsalbert
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin 10x with Omnia
GMXT 5.00.10TW Location Error Corrected for China Navigation.

#145 Post by thsalbert » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:51 pm

All attached GPS in PDA, either Symbian S60, UIQ or WM PPS and SP. They designed with AGPS in mind. You wanted to enjoy the fast fix then enabled the AGPS, as Omnia you enabled the enhance GPS. My Omnia was nearly instant fix and I really enjoy it. If If Samsung ungraded the GPS firmware to 5 Hz type. Then the lagging problem will solved for us.
As you used more frequently and get more familier, you will know that GMXT will out shine other GPS software.
Garmin rock!

rick89

#146 Post by rick89 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:21 pm

bartmp8 wrote:
In case you have not worked it out yet, MSM makes its own maps of MY/SG/Brunei.
To use the maps, you don't need GPRS, 3G, connections etc. You just have to be
in an open space under the sky (incl inside a car). How much more offline do you need?

You are using Omnia right? According to Bro Rosman in This Topic, you can use Garmin MXT.

I think you have been mis-informed regarding the concept of GPS. Or maybe I mis-read
your post. Either way, belum try, belum tau.
:-k Do you have any screen shots of Garmin MXT? By the way, how can I download the Malsing Maps into my phone? Any threads I can follow? :prayer: Any screen shots of Malsing Maps I can have a look at? Cause the main thing for me is to key in the co-ordinates into the software and it can pin-point to me the exact location of the place to me. Be it in Singapore or oversea (although Singapore map is my top priority right now). :hair:

Thanks!! :tq:

dvpro
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Handheld, PDA Based

#147 Post by dvpro » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:40 pm

rick89 wrote: :-k Do you have any screen shots of Garmin MXT?
Cause the main thing for me is to key in the co-ordinates into the software and it can pin-point to me the exact location of the place to me. Be it in Singapore or oversea (although Singapore map is my top priority right now). :hair:
Attachments
sshot006.gif
Animated GIF
sshot006.gif (30.87 KiB) Viewed 1180 times
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

rick89

#148 Post by rick89 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:54 pm

The co-ordinates can only be keyed in degrees, minutes and seconds? Can I key it in the format of 1.38, 103.xx something like that for a Singapore map?

dvpro
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Handheld, PDA Based

#149 Post by dvpro » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:16 am

rick89 wrote:The co-ordinates can only be keyed in degrees, minutes and seconds? Can I key it in the format of 1.38, 103.xx something like that for a Singapore map?
Coordinates can be changed to most formats.
Attachments
coord-format.gif
coord-format.gif (4.77 KiB) Viewed 1165 times
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

rick89

#150 Post by rick89 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:24 am

:-k Do you have any screenshots of the map I can take a look at? And what is the cost to buy the software? :wink: