Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:42 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:29 pm 

GPS: HP RW6828 + MTK chip BtGPSr.
Do you guys experiencing faster update rate via Mapking or Mobile XT?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:49 pm 

GPS: Garmin Mobile XT, MapKing 2007, Nuvi 1350
DAViS wrote:
Do you guys experiencing faster update rate via Mapking or Mobile XT?

I found Mapking will faster then GMXT

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:33 am 

GPS: HP RW6828 + MTK chip BtGPSr.
pohkf wrote:
I found Mapking will faster then GMXT

You mean moving faster, more accurate when your PDA/notebook paired with 5Hz update rate bluetooth GPSr?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:36 pm 

[/quote]
You mean moving faster, more accurate when your PDA/notebook paired with 5Hz update rate bluetooth GPSr?[/quote]

Yes, can give me accurate and real-time position information(5Hz). :thumbsup:
This unit i bought can switch between 5Hz and 1Hz

1Hz = 1 position information/sec.
5Hz = 5 position information/sec.

Make sure your PDA fast enough to respond the position information. :lol:
I think notebook should not a problem about this.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:58 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

GPS: None
adrianyujs wrote:
That is using MTK chipset, not good enough.. better get SIRFStarIII chipset...

Hi, I don't understand the meaning of this statement ... Have you tested an MTK cheapest before? I am personally use a Skytraq and I find it very good for the price. Each chipset has its own pro and con' .

SirfIII has been in the market for a very long time and it is old. It consumes too much power compared to the rest if you ask me.
Skytraq is the cheapest around you can get differences of prices that can go up to RM100.00
Nemerix is the lowest power consumption unit in the market.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:59 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nokia, iPhone, Garmin and up to 10 Hz NMEA driven. Lastest Nuvi 2565LM with GDR10.
pohkf wrote:
You mean moving faster, more accurate when your PDA/notebook paired with 5Hz update rate bluetooth GPSr?

Yes, can give me accurate and real-time position information(5Hz). :thumbsup:
This unit i bought can switch between 5Hz and 1Hz

1Hz = 1 position information/sec.
5Hz = 5 position information/sec.

Make sure your PDA fast enough to respond the position information. :lol:
I think notebook should not a problem about this.

Dear pohkf,

Your statement above is just your perception because you are using a 5 Hz GPS. There is no fact to the statement that Mapking is more accurate and provide faster position update than a 1Hz GPS. Which PDA are you using that is "fast enough to respond...."? I have not found any yet and I am looking for one.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:35 pm 

Dear pohkf,

Your statement above is just your perception because you are using a 5 Hz GPS. There is no fact to the statement that Mapking is more accurate and provide faster position update than a 1Hz GPS. Which PDA are you using that is "fast enough to respond...."? I have not found any yet and I am looking for one.[/quote]

I'm use b4 Dopod 838pro with external GPSr(1Hz). Now using Touch Diamond built in GPS, from this 3 kind of GPS(External GPSr 1Hz, built in GPS Touch Diamond and External GPSr 5Hz), So this what have compare and found the result what i have been try.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:45 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

GPS: None
pohkf wrote:
Dear pohkf,

Your statement above is just your perception because you are using a 5 Hz GPS. There is no fact to the statement that Mapking is more accurate and provide faster position update than a 1Hz GPS. Which PDA are you using that is "fast enough to respond...."? I have not found any yet and I am looking for one.

I'm use b4 Dopod 838pro with external GPSr(1Hz). Now using Touch Diamond built in GPS, from this 3 kind of GPS(External GPSr 1Hz, built in GPS Touch Diamond and External GPSr 5Hz), So this what have compare and found the result what i have been try.

Thanks.[/quote]

There is a software mis-perception here; it is the GPS that holds accuracy and not your mapking or other software. There is one thing I do not understand; your 5Hz GPS, does it write 5 positions in a second (5 records), or does it calculate 5 positions, make corrections to output only into one position?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:28 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nokia, iPhone, Garmin and up to 10 Hz NMEA driven. Lastest Nuvi 2565LM with GDR10.
pohkf wrote:

Thanks.

Dear pohkf,

Thus I asked if it’s your perception. Without side-by-side comparison using identical software and hardware except for the system under test (SUT), there is no way to form even inferred conclusions. Our mind sees what we want to see and what we want to see is influence by what we think in the likely to be the outcome. The fact of the issue is that Mapking cannot run any faster with a GPS with higher update rate than 1 Hz as the software will only accept a 1 Hz update rate. In any word, it only "pull" updates from the GPS once every second and discard the next 4 updates. Also, whatever PDA you may have, the CPU available cannot cope with a 5Hz update and still generate the screen display at 5 Hz.

You are also unable to compare Mapking against GMXT because GMXT while do not seems to restrict its update rate to 1 Hz is not able to update its position and provide you with the display as said above.

Anyway, for road navigation application, there really is no necessity to get any higher update GPS than 1 Hz. In any case, at 1 Hz traveling at 90kph, the interval is just 25 meters and that's not even the width of some of the highways.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:33 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

mygis wrote:

your 5Hz GPS, does it write 5 positions in a second (5 records), or does it calculate 5 positions, make corrections to output only into one position?

A 5 Hz GPS actually provide 5 positions per second. Search this site, I had provided a track with a 10Hz GPS and it gave 10 position plots per second.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next