Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:07 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:50 am 

GPS: ASUS P535
Heya folks.

Recently bought a 2nd hand P535. I'm just wonderin' how do I pair up da built-in GPSr with the PDA? I asked the seller and he said I have to 'auto configure' it.. and da question is, how do I auto configure it, or where do I find the software? I've tried Asus Official website, to no avail.

Help appreciated!

Thanks.

JR-08-

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:43 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: GPSMap 76CSx (Tracking), Nokia N85 (Navigation)
I think we only pair up BT GPS. For built-in GPS, no need for you to pair up. Just find how to turn on and off your GPS only. :-k

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:47 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: HTC Touch Dual, Nokia E61, MTK 32 receiver, Tomtom, iGo & Garmin Mobile XT
JRnMel wrote:
I asked the seller and he said I have to 'auto configure' it.. and da question is, how do I auto configure it, or where do I find the software? I've tried Asus Official website, to no avail.

Get Garmin Mobile XT on a microSD chip. Insert it, and it'll autoinstall. Run it, and go to settings>System and select your internal GPS from option 1 at the top of the page.

Nearly forgot. You'll need to install the unlocked Malsing map from the download section of this website first to test it.

If all is working, send your contributions, and get the unlocking codes for the latest map!

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:43 pm 

Hi. I've actually got Mapking2007 installed. Whenever I tried to 'search for GPS', it will automatically direct me to 'bluetooth browser' and asked to 'select a bluetooth device'. How can I make my built-in GPSr appear in this page so that I can select it?

Or is there any other way for me to search for GPS?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:38 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Location: Coverage - Penang, Kedah, Perak, Selangor, KL, Putrajaya, NS and Melaka
GPS: Asus P535, Mapking, GMXT + Active Antenna
go to gps setting - by user: com 2, baudrate: 4800

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:55 pm 

Hello everybody who contributed to diz post..

Thank you so much fer yer replies! Dey helped to an extent. Da GPS is workin' now!
Thank you!
Will contribute to Malsingmaps.com if I found any interesting places to add!

JR-08-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:06 pm 

GPS: HTC Touch Diamond 2
I want to be able to contribute detailed tracklogs from my PDA: an Asus P535 running Garmin Que v2.90 and Franson GPSGate v2.0.1.139. I therefore downloaded MapSource (by first downloading Garmin Trainer, as suggested). However, I have been unable to get my PDA to sync with MapSource. My computer simply cannot recognise my PDA device. I have tried switching off ActiveSync at both the PDA and computer, but that makes no difference: my PDA is still not recognised. How do I get the sync-ing to work?

Or do I not need to sync at all? The Wiki suggests that all I need do is copy the tracklog files from my PDA to my PC using ActiveSync, then pick them up on the PC using GPSMapEdit. But I do not have a copy of GPSMapEdit. How do I get one? Second, I have been unable to locate the *.plt files on my PDA which the Wiki says I need to transfer. Neither my Garmin Que programme nor the GPSGate one seem to produce such files. How to set them so that they do?

Sorry to ask what may be idiot-boy questions. But I have tried but failed to find the answers in the Wiki or various Forums. So help, please! - so that I can become a better contributor.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:53 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

GPS: PAPAGO M9; nuvi 205W
on yr gpsgate, add another output as "file recorder/filter" then set it to save on yr storage card. select 1 sec track.
then transfer your file to your pc thru activesync. the extension should be .nmea. then find a program called gpsbabel to convert the nmea file to garmin's .gdb to be read by mapsource

i believe i read a detailed explanation on setting of the output file on gpsgate somewhere in the forum. try to look it up

good luck

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:14 pm 

GPS: asus 535
Need some help on usage and loading the maps.
The orginal got mapking ver 2007 but it cannot navigate and of course not sure how to used it and one kindly help....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:23 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
Hee Leong wrote:
Need some help on usage and loading the maps.
The orginal got mapking ver 2007 but it cannot navigate and of course not sure how to used it and one kindly help....

:welcome:
If you need the manual of MapKing 2007, just click this -> select MapKing 2007 -> PPC Manual.

Read this for more info on Asus 535.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next