Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:13 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 691 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 70  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:10 pm 

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 3790
Need advise here...

1) What is the different between MSM NT 2011.40 to a Garmin City Navigator Singapore/ Malaysia NT 2011.40? Is it only the additional in JCV in the latter?

2) If the answer to the 1st question is "Yes". Why am I still able to view JCV when my Nuvi 3790 SG/SKU is install with MSM NT 2011.40?

3) Do the MSM NT 2011.40 include the POI similar to the MSM v5.40 which has it included inside.

4) For speed alert. Why am I getting massage like "speed alert 7km/h"? Should't it be reading 70km/h? Did I miss out anything during the installation?

Thanks in advance.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

GPS: SIRFstar III
Q1
MSM NT 2011.40 -> MSM data compiled by Garmin.
Garmin City Navigator 2011.40 -> Navteq / Garmin commercial data.
These are 2 different data source

Q2
MSM NT 2011.40 shared the JCV with City Navigator 2011.40

Q3
MSM NT 2011.40 is using Sep/Oct 2011 data
MSM v5.40 is latest Feb 2012 update data

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:09 am 

Hi wsian, thanks for the reply. Notice this "MSM Compatibility Chart" after I posted my earlier question. Its very informative. Maybe can also add in compatibility of Postal Code Search into chart.

Also, any advise on my question 4?

4) For speed alert. Why am I getting massage like "speed alert 7km/h"? Should't it be reading 70km/h? Did I miss out anything during the installation?

http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/download/file.php?id=49161&t=1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:27 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
Froze wrote:
Hi wsian, thanks for the reply. Notice this "MSM Compatibility Chart" after I posted my earlier question. Its very informative. Maybe can also add in compatibility of Postal Code Search into chart.

Also, any advise on my question 4?

http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/download/file.php?id=49161&t=1

Which Road ? Please specify road name
Which Map version ? Ensure you only have only one ( 1 ) map selected.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:17 pm 

SilverBeauty wrote:

Hi SilverBeauty, it along Upper Thomson towards Yishun. The alert came before reaching Springleaf Road. I am using MSM v5.40, it the only map installed. By the way, donno how to insert img. Attached URL to screenshot hope u can view. Also tried using mapsource thingy. Need advise is this the way to use it? Am learning so can help contribute a bit.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c3a375b/n/1626.bmp

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c3a38dd/n/7kmh.gdb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:52 pm 

Froze wrote:
SilverBeauty wrote:

Hi SilverBeauty, it along Upper Thomson towards Yishun. The alert came before reaching Springleaf Road. I am using MSM v5.40, it the only map installed. By the way, donno how to insert img. Attached URL to screenshot hope u can view. Also tried using mapsource thingy. Need advise is this the way to use it? Am learning so can help contribute a bit.

Am I doing the right way? Any advise?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:24 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
Froze wrote:

Am I doing the right way? Any advise?[/quote]

Have not a chance to authenticate your findings.
Does this happen to latest 5.41 map ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:25 pm 

GPS: Nuvi 2465
Hi,

I'm a first timer here. Forgive me if these questions have been asked before:

1. In the forum post on latest map update MSM 2012 NT v5.42, there's a sentence in red that says, "Current JCV is just for beta test purpose with about 10 images around Kuala Lumpur." Does this mean this latest map does not have any JCV image for Sg, Penang, JB, PJ, etc., that all its has is just those 10 junction pics in KL?

2. I just bought an ori Nuvi 2465 from IT Fair last week. It came preloaded with Malsingmaps 2011.30. I would like to load the latest MSM v5.42 map and if I do so, a) will it delete or overwrite the 2011.30 version, b) will it void the warranty of my unit?

3. What does NT in the "MSM 2012 NT" stand for?

4. I've noticed several POI errors in Petaling Jaya on the preloaded map and wish to volunteer corrections. Which forum thread should I go to get started? I have no idea what a gdb file is and am not a technical person.

5. I get "Unexpected Error! ApplicationError: 5" everytime I try to log into Garmin webmap app. Is it down? Using both myGarmin and Malsingmap id's has been giving me the same error.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:47 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
PKLau wrote:
Hi,

I'm a first timer here. Forgive me if these questions have been asked before:

1. In the forum post on latest map update MSM 2012 NT v5.42, there's a sentence in red that says, "Current JCV is just for beta test purpose with about 10 images around Kuala Lumpur." Does this mean this latest map does not have any JCV image for Sg, Penang, JB, PJ, etc., that all its has is just those 10 junction pics in KL?
Yes only those 10 JCV available with NT5xx

2. I just bought an ori Nuvi 2465 from IT Fair last week. It came preloaded with Malsingmaps 2011.30. I would like to load the latest MSM v5.42 map and if I do so, a) will it delete or overwrite the 2011.30 version, b) will it void the warranty of my unit?
download zip file 5.42 and unzip and put in SD card/garmin. It will not override pre-installed files which are in MainMemory/system which by default is a hidden directory

3. What does NT in the "MSM 2012 NT" stand for?
MSM uses official Garmin compiler to generate its maps. The map data of the NT version uses a different more efficient compression algorithm thus more fit into lesser space

4. I've noticed several POI errors in Petaling Jaya on the preloaded map and wish to volunteer corrections. Which forum thread should I go to get started? I have no idea what a gdb file is and am not a technical person.
Post your contribution in form of error reporting, new POIs etc... in one of relevant threads via this link viewforum.php?f=24

As a newbie, please read these threads
MalsingMap Wiki General Reference http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.p ... eneral.gif
For First-Time Visitors (The FAQ of all FAQs!) viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17402
Contributing to MSM: Questions & Guide viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14535
Newbie Guide to Mapsource Installation & Use viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14661

5. I get "Unexpected Error! ApplicationError: 5" everytime I try to log into Garmin webmap app. Is it down? Using both myGarmin and Malsingmap id's has been giving me the same error.
The Garmin website is unstable at times. Feel free to feedback to them via Garmin website
Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:13 am 

GPS: Nuvi 2465
Thank you Silverbeauty. You guys are doing a wonderful job here and I look forward to contributing something. Thanks again!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 691 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 70  Next