Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:44 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: HTC touch & GPS.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:49 pm 
Councillor
Councillor

GPS: Nuvi 310, 60CSx, 10x
Thank you brother reframe... :)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:20 pm 

GPS: Garmin Mobile 10 MXT
Tested with Garmin BT GPS 10X & Holux BT 240 Slim. All working ok, use Garmin MobileXT & Mapking2007 software works fine, Mapking2007 slightly lacking. =D> =D> =D> for GARMIN!!!
Have fun with your new PDA ,i bought one for myself also.....coool PDA...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:54 am 
Councillor
Councillor

Bro Simon,

thank you for the feedback. Does the HTC Touch , being new on the market , causes calls to be missed or whatever ?
My friend keep telling me to go get the Dopod 810.. saying it has plugged all the loopholes over the 838pro....

take care...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:48 pm 

GPS: Garmin Mobile 10 MXT
Yo Bro Jaguar,
Bought my HTC Touch recently,right now the problem is the HTC Touch when receive sms no sound ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ,.So far no missed calls or whatsover just the sms issue. Price for HTC Touch RM20xx where Dopod 810 pricing seems high :$gone: :$gone: about RM27xx -Rm28xx in Penang.HTC Touch is more to like IPhone.... :)

jaguar wrote:
Bro Simon,

thank you for the feedback. Does the HTC Touch , being new on the market , causes calls to be missed or whatever ?
My friend keep telling me to go get the Dopod 810.. saying it has plugged all the loopholes over the 838pro....

take care...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:06 am 
Councillor
Councillor

Thank you bro Simon for the feedback,

If I renew with M1 (Singapore) for 2 year plan, I pay S$718 for the D810.
If I renew with M1 (Singapore) for 2 year plan, I pay S$468 for the HTC Touch.

Both prices very attractive.. just that I have this feeling "the bugs are still there in HTC Touch" as it is very new on the market.....

Hmm.. maybe I will wait and watch for a while.... the Palm Treo 680 is going for about S$699 at Funan Centre...

No rush...

Take care my friend.. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:30 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: 60CSx; Zumo 550
Hallo my good bro Jaguar! But before I proceed.. CONGRATULATIONS on the arrival of the new Ms! Don't worry lah.. only 145 mugs of beer for GPSmappers. Don't try it with Malsingmaps! :mrgreen: =D> =D> =D>

As for the HTC Touch I've been using it for the past few weeks now which I got for less than RM2k. RRP is RM2099. Initially I bought it for BH but she complained the font was too small for her (age-lah!) so I had to use it since I had no problem with the fonts. Haha! I've had no trouble with it except for the fact that now I have to sms with both hands (using the stylus) and it keeps connecting to Edge when I don't want the connection! I haven't figured out the confusion here yet. I'm also having problems with sending out MMS too. Unfortunately the dealer I bought the phone from isn't very well versed with it either and has to keep refering back to the Authorised Agent. Typical. :rolleyes: Otherwise it's a really cool phone. I just got back from a long ride and pairing the Bluetooth with my Nolan N-Com Helmet Headset + Zumo is a cinch. TTS came out loud and clear and calls came in thru the Zumo with no problem too.

I'm not sure tho why bro simon has no sound on receiving sms because you can select Sound Notification from the menu.

Any other comments/help from HTC users here?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:29 pm 

GPS: Nuvi 310
rickvon wrote:
she complained the font was too small for her (age-lah!) so I had to use it since I had no problem with the fonts. Haha! I've had no trouble with it except for the fact that now I have to sms with both hands (using the stylus) and it keeps connecting to Edge when I don't want the connection! I haven't figured out the confusion here yet. I'm also having problems with sending out MMS too.

I'm not sure tho why bro simon has no sound on receiving sms because you can select Sound Notification from the menu.

Any other comments/help from HTC users here?

Rickvon,
Not sure if you are aware that the font size is adjustable. I have to make them 'largest' or else I have the same problem. I presume you mean connecting to edge to mean GPRS?. I don't know why but if you are using wi-fi to access internet and wi-fi drops off, you will be automatically connected to GPRS. Got to watch this or else your bills might head north.
Personally, the HTC touch form factor is very attractive. However, for heavy duty/power users, I am not sure if the internal memory and speed is good enough for them. I find the screen switching (not updates) a bit slow for my liking. The iPhone which I have a chance to play for a short while is very responsive to touch (might be too responsive for some). It is 'cooler' than HTC but is a little too big and heavy for me.
I am looking forward to the new HTC touch with keypad which I heard is coming out end of this year.
Anyway, since this is GPS forum, I am happy with HTC touch and GMXT with 10X in 2D mode.
I was surprised how easy it is to set up.
Best,

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:14 am 
Councillor
Councillor

Thank you bro Rickvon and Bro reframe,

My judgement is : the phone as a phone should be ok.

I was concern that HTC touch running at 200Mhz may be sluggish when runnning GMXT with 10X.
That was my experience running O2 Smartphone IIm (albeit it was 2 years old phone) , also 200Mhz.
The advantage HTC has in this matter is , it has touch screen , which should be superb for GMXT use.

OK.... la..... I also don't like to spend too much on phones.... so after I get out of hospital, I gonna
reward myself (for my baby's sake) with a new HTC Touch phone :-'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:53 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: 60CSx; Zumo 550
reframe wrote:
Rickvon,
Not sure if you are aware that the font size is adjustable. I have to make them 'largest' or else I have the same problem. I presume you mean connecting to edge to mean GPRS?. I don't know why but if you are using wi-fi to access internet and wi-fi drops off, you will be automatically connected to GPRS. Got to watch this or else your bills might head north...
Best,

Yes, I'm aware of the adjustable font size and resized accordingly but not all the fonts are affected. Anyway, I'm cool with it, so.. :)

And that Edge/GPRS thingee did sneak in one day and was running for almost an hour before I noticed it! #-o

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:33 pm 
Councillor
Councillor

dot dot dot ... dit dit dit ... da da da....

report update:

I finally got my HTC touch at M1 at SGD$298 (after trading in my Nokia 6280 for $100).
I used it feverishly in the last 4 days making long calls everywhere (including in fast moving calls for about 15 minute lengths). I tell you man.... I love this phone. Sound quality good ! Have not hung up on my yet (unlike my old O2 IIm smartphone). Beautiful talking piece and showoff piece.....

I loaded in GMXT yesterday (without 10x becos I sold it oredi). Played with it in simulation mode.... Also beautiful....... but don't know if there will be a lag problem.. Anyway, I only look at the map as reference only .. and play play only..............

Cheers !!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next