Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:47 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: HTC touch & GPS.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:41 pm 

GPS: iPad4150,Atom Life,Holux 236B,external re-rad antenna
tybsiew wrote:
cywong wrote:
HTC has just released new ROM for Touch yesterday (Ver 1.17.707.2B WWE) for black version (not for wasabi).

I've flashed it and it seems more responsive than before. Mapking navigation is also smoother.

Can go and download at HTC support side.

Cheers.

Hi, i have checked htc.com but no new released ROM for Touch ?

Its in asia.htc.com --> Service & Support --> select "Singapore" location from 'Regional support" area. You need to register on the site to enter download page.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:03 pm 
Councillor
Councillor

GPS: Nuvi 310, 60CSx, 10x
Pardon for my asking .. as this is my first PDA in my life..... I notice I can only load so many phone numbers into my phone in outlook format.... ??? how to load more into SD card ? or is there no such thing ? Or, is there some 3rd party software that resides in SD card , so that all my unlimited phone numbers can reside there, and I can search and call any number from there ? thanks in advance for any help ... cheers....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:28 am 
Councillor
Councillor

GPS: Nuvi1350 and Google Maps Android
jaguar wrote:
... I notice I can only load so many phone numbers into my phone in outlook format.... ??? how to load more into SD card ? or is there no such thing ?...

How did you load the PDA phone with Outlook contacts? I just activesync the contacts folder from my Notebook Outlook folder to my phone, and I have 2000+ contact in my WM5 PDA phone (838pro), all residing in main memory. I haven't reached any limits yet. O:)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:51 am 

GPS: Dopod 900 + BT338
jaguar wrote:
Pardon for my asking .. as this is my first PDA in my life..... I notice I can only load so many phone numbers into my phone in outlook format.... ??? how to load more into SD card ? or is there no such thing ? Or, is there some 3rd party software that resides in SD card , so that all my unlimited phone numbers can reside there, and I can search and call any number from there ? thanks in advance for any help ... cheers....

Brother Jag,
If you want freeware that can backup your important appointments, call logs, contacts, messages, speed dials and tasks, just try download PPCPimBackup.
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:52 am 
Councillor
Councillor

Oh geez bro Sabre23t,
2000+ ? wow ! I keep getting 'your main storage is getting low on memory' while I continue to add contacts in my phone.. Then I active sync with computer to backup .....

So, I remove some more programs. Google map, Feed Info, Voice Management.... I am left with about 2.xxMB now.... ealier was 0.9MB !!!

I did install GMXT and GPSproxy to SD card, but I also notice some GMXT files (like Que) in main memory... I will uninstall these fully and re-instal lin SD card again.

Bro Shah, thank you for your advice...... I am using old Outlook 2003 to sync my data and was looking to upgrade to Outlook 2007 (but that M company want me to buy the full set of Microsoft Office again !!!, but I have already bought the Student edition leh.. :)

Reason I use Outlook is because I used to sync my Nokia 6280 data to Outlook. Hence upgrading to my this WM6 PDA phone is a breeze (in terms of extracting phone data from Outlook).... hmm... maybe I won't go back to Nokia ya ? :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:01 am 
Councillor
Councillor

Oh bro Sabre23t,

I uninstalled GMXT and I got 10MB free main memory....

Then I make sure I re-installed it to device storage....... and it goes back to 2.3MB free memory after installation.
I checked the contents in main memory.. Darn it ! There is a Garmin Mobile Application (only a few hundred KB.. that's ok), but there is a Que Application (4.xxMB) !!! I guess the other files all add up to about 7.x MB in main memory. Try as I might, it seems GMXT will put about 7.x MB in main memory..... shit !

Luckily I deleted Voice Commander (which came preinstalled with HTC Touch), or else I dont' even have that 2.3MB.
Hmm.. how much contacts can 2.3MB give me... 1000+ contacts with calendar entries thrown in ? Hmm.....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:41 am 

GPS: Rikaline GPS-6033
HTC Touch + Rikaline GPS-6033 works with no lag.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:11 am 
Councillor
Councillor

Hee hee.... I sent my HTC Touch to Keppel Bay Tower yesterday afternoon and got it back today. They replaced the receiver.... Becos I complain that recently many of my calls cannot hear clearly or dropped.

Just collected this morning..... I still love this toy... Beautiful... GMXT with 10x ... and GPSproxy inside (run seperately) ... no lag..... :lol:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:39 pm 

GPS: Nuvi 310
jaguar wrote:
Oh geez bro Sabre23t,

Bro Shah, thank you for your advice...... I am using old Outlook 2003 to sync my data and was looking to upgrade to Outlook 2007 (but that M company want me to buy the full set of Microsoft Office again !!!, but I have already bought the Student edition leh.. :)

Reason I use Outlook is because I used to sync my Nokia 6280 data to Outlook. Hence upgrading to my this WM6 PDA phone is a breeze (in terms of extracting phone data from Outlook).... hmm... maybe I won't go back to Nokia ya ? :D

Hi Jaguar,
If I am not mistaken, the touch comes with a trial version of outlook 2007 in the box.
It costs something like US$50 to upgrade.
2003 is not that old. I've been using 97 and I just upgraded to 2003 O:)
Rgds,

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:03 pm 
Councillor
Councillor

thank bro. I didn't know it costs only 50 bucks. I have not installed 2007 trial. 2003 behaves funny in my Vista operating system.
all the internet links I clicked tells me to go buy the full version.... thanks .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next