Discussions on Palm /Windows Mobile PDA & PDA Phone + GPS combo

Moderator: Moderators

wingman
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: HTC touch & GPS.

#41 Post by wingman » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:10 am

HTC has released a new ROM for:-

"HTC Touch (Soft Black) ROM Code (2.20.707.1B WWE)

ROM version: 2.20.707.1B WWE
ROM date: 10/02/07
Radio version: 03.07.90
Protocol version: 4.1.13.51
ExtROM version: 2.20.707.101

Updates:
1) Availability of the new input methods, Touch Keyboard and Touch Keypad.
2) This update includes all prior updates."

BTW this free app, "MoDaCo_NoData.CAB" is great for disabling GPRS/EDGE connection:-

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=att ... t&id=20053

reframe
GPS: Nuvi 310

#42 Post by reframe » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:42 pm

Thanks for sharing Wingman.
I did the upgrade and the softkeyboards are a nice addition for one hand operation. Seems to use up a lot of memory though - I think. The touch really has to increase built in storage or else sooner or later, I cannot even use my Garmin XT. :thumbsdown:
Vista/Touch seems to behave strangely when it comes sync. XP works great.

jaguar
Councillor
Councillor
GPS: Nuvi 310, 60CSx, 10x

#43 Post by jaguar » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:05 am

Thank you my brothers...

Yesterday, I finally saved my data once again. Went through the process of upgading the ROM and reloading GPSProxy2.2c (for 1 sec tracklog only) and GMXT (for navigation).

I like the new Touch Keypad and Touch Keyboard. Yes, it sucks up more memory and the 'low device memory' warning appears frequently. So, I used Remove Programs and removed Info Feed and Voice Commander (which I don't use). I now have about 11MB (before i run any program).

To disable GPRS access ... I do the following to fool the system.

Go to Start - Settings - Connections tab
Click the Connections icon
Click on 'Manage existing connections'
Click Edit button. I subscribe to M1, hence I see 'Sunsurf Internet'
Change the name 'Sunsurf Internet' to anything. I changed it to "Sunsurf Internet xx". Click Next.
Change the name 'sunsurf' to anything. I changed it to "sunsurf xx". Click Next.
I choose to retain some resemblance to the original name so I can revert back in case I need it during emergencies...
Click Finish.
That's it..... you can now 'accidentally' click on Internet Explorer and you will not 'accidentally' go surfing using the slow and expensive GPRS network....

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I love this version of Touch. I notice the new Touch variations (with real keypad and gps), but I don't like it becos it is too big...... I recently got a Krusell leather casing for my HTC Touch... So cool....
Look on the bright side ya? :muak:

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#44 Post by cruiser » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:45 am

jaguar wrote:
I love this version of Touch. I notice the new Touch variations (with real keypad and gps), but I don't like it becos it is too big...... I recently got a Krusell leather casing for my HTC Touch... So cool....

Then store nicely aside la and hand over (incl. the Krusell OK? 8-) )...when I fly in, my hands are just too big with all these small dainty gadgets of today... :mrgreen:
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

jaguar
Councillor
Councillor

#45 Post by jaguar » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:50 am

No way bro Cruiser... I love my first PDA phone.. :D ... if only I can find a way to fool the internal memory to think it has 'extended' into the Storage memory.. :D

reframe
GPS: Nuvi 310

#46 Post by reframe » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:21 am

jaguar wrote: I like the new Touch Keypad and Touch Keyboard. Yes, it sucks up more memory and the 'low device memory' warning appears frequently. So, I used Remove Programs and removed Info Feed and Voice Commander (which I don't use). I now have about 11MB (before i run any program).

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Yes, this new keypad works well to my liking. I don't use voice commander but I do use info feed to keep me up to date on what's new. I have two additional programs; spb full size keyboard and Resco internet radio and both are installed in micro SD. I really think a device is 'lame' if we have to remove so many programs to avoid 'low memory'. I think HTC knows and there is an enhanced Touch with more memory on the way. The touch dual is another lame machine without wi-fi. I think the enhanced would suit my purposes this time. :thumbsup:

jaguar
Councillor
Councillor

#47 Post by jaguar » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:24 am

I agree... Let's pray they come out with a new Touch.. same size.. not 1 mm longer or fatter :D

And let's hope they put in 1 GB internal memory :wink:

All I wish for Christmas is the above :mrgreen:

jaguar
Councillor
Councillor

#48 Post by jaguar » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:34 pm

Pardon me for asking as this is my first pda.... after Removing various programs... I still get 'low device memory' warning when I run a few programs like SMS, Contact, Calendar.... I didn't even activate GMXT yet !!!

Is there a way to delete somemore programs ? like games, voice recorder, MSM Messenger etc ??? .. or , is it possible to pay HTC to add more memory for me ? thanks for help.. :D

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#49 Post by cruiser » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:53 pm

Hmmm, excellent disclosures so far... :-k
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

jaguar
Councillor
Councillor

#50 Post by jaguar » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:08 pm

I actually felt like removing the Today screen.. but I like it leh... :D