Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:43 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: HTC touch
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:36 am 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
riyad71 wrote:
roger cruiser.....this weekend have an appointment with dealer of Garmin in Kuantan...try to learn how the GPS runs...wish me luck...just spent 2k with the PDA and coming Garmin product...more money heheheh

WTG mate!!! =D> I wish you pull through with flying stunts and fly back and share with us your pugilistic PDA secrets...heheh :mrgreen:

I just came back, spent a whole day with doing one business only...i.e. sorting out my cruiser on 4 wheels.... with my Citro dealer :rolleyes: for next Wednesday, garage appointment to replace the 2.2 HDi Turbo diesel compression setup and the Intercooler supporting it...damage cost??? almost 1,900 Euros excluding 21% tax, luckily, labor is included.

Santa is my receiving guest for this year I'm afraid... :cry: :-({|=

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:47 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: HTC Touch Dual, Nokia E61, MTK 32 receiver, Tomtom, iGo & Garmin Mobile XT
riyad71 wrote:
hi all...newbie here...just bought HCT TOUCH ...interested in using GPS...but lack of knowledge #-o ...plz help me..

Now that my Nokia E61 is out of contract, just paid for and waiting for delivery of the HTC Touch Dual. =P~

Problem is, the Garmin Mobile XT came on Mini SD card, and the HTC uses a micro... Got to work to save up some more $ for a new one. :(

Does Garmin do changeovers?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:36 am 
Veteran
Veteran

GPS: Nokia N82+10X,,
Nuvi 350
rling wrote:
riyad71 wrote:
hi all...newbie here...just bought HCT TOUCH ...interested in using GPS...but lack of knowledge #-o ...plz help me..

Now that my Nokia E61 is out of contract, just paid for and waiting for delivery of the HTC Touch Dual. =P~

Problem is, the Garmin Mobile XT came on Mini SD card, and the HTC uses a micro... Got to work to save up some more $ for a new one. :(

Does Garmin do changeovers?

Hi rling,
don't have to get a new one,, you can just do the transfer to your micro sd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:13 pm 
Councillor
Councillor

GPS: Nuvi 310, 60CSx, 10x
I don't know if you can do that. I thought the data are card locked to that mini-SD card. I didn't check for latest info.. so I dont' know... as of now.. :D

by the way, I have been using the HTC Touch (not the dual version) since Aug. Beautiful...........

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:15 pm 

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 205W
Garmin E Trex Cx
HTC Touch + BT GPS
jaguar wrote:
I don't know if you can do that. I thought the data are card locked to that mini-SD card. I didn't check for latest info.. so I dont' know... as of now.. :D

by the way, I have been using the HTC Touch (not the dual version) since Aug. Beautiful...........

yup i agree with jaguar....HTC Touch is a beautiful and steady pda phone...no to big and not to small ....the touch screen :thumbsup: ...but the main attraction to me is the WIFI ...no need to use GPRS in my house..no need to pay extra for internet surfing.. :good:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:18 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: NUVI 200
yeah WIFI is really cool, I got my self the ASUS 735 instead.. it's quite a cool PDA phone , unfortunately , my "lau Hua Yan" is catching up on me ](*,) if not its a nice gadget!

Post subject: JRT-29 + HTC Touch
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:38 pm 

GPS: Nokia 6110
Hi,

I bought a bt gpsr from ebay, is a jrt29. I keep failing to get it workin in mi htc toch. can some gurus please advise mi. the instruction that comes with it sucks. tell mi com 8 but only got com 6 n 7 available for SPP. i tried config the external gps too but no luck. the led keep blinking veri fast, how can i pair it properly???

ANy advice or hlp is appreciated.

Cheers
Derrick

Post subject: Re: JRT-29 + HTC Touch
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:54 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: GARMIN NUVI 310
60 CSx
Vista HCx
micromouse wrote:
Hi,

I bought a bt gpsr from ebay, is a jrt29. I keep failing to get it workin in mi htc toch. can some gurus please advise mi. the instruction that comes with it sucks. tell mi com 8 but only got com 6 n 7 available for SPP. i tried config the external gps too but no luck. the led keep blinking veri fast, how can i pair it properly???

ANy advice or hlp is appreciated.

Cheers
Derrick

dear micromouse..

i did try pairing the BT receiver with my friend's Touch.. :-k :-k
If i'm not mistaken, after completing the pairing; u need to go to setup an outgoing com port an assign the com port to use (in bluetooth setting/communication setting if i can recall..)

Then try again do the pairing.. Prior to that, try to delete all previous pairing.. u can do the pairing once you get your BT receiver completely configure..
Hope this help..

Good luck and enjoy your gadget..

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:53 pm 

GPS: Nokia 6110
haiz... so sad... cant work... i tink is link up but no data tx btw the pda n gpsr. dunnoe is it faulty or wat. i nt gng to buy electronic from ebat liao... damn mafun when spoil.

Any1 with any idea, feel free to let mi noe.

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:38 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: HTC Touch Dual, Nokia E61, MTK 32 receiver, Tomtom, iGo & Garmin Mobile XT
micromouse wrote:
I bought a bt gpsr from ebay, is a jrt29. I keep failing to get it workin in mi htc toch.

No problems installing and pairing the GPSr with my HTC Touch Dual.

Things to check:

1) Bluetooth connection is working:
- Turn GPSr on. (Outdoors for at least 30 seconds to 1 minute if you want a satellite fix)
- From Comm manager, select 'add new device'.
- It should find the new GPSr (ie BT-750F or BT GPS or similar). Select it.
- Enter the key - should be '0000' or '1234' depending on brand etc.
- Tick serial port under partnership settings.
- Under COM Ports tab, Select 'New Outgoing port' and select a high Com port ,eg 8 or 9

2) Start your GPs program and ensure that the new GPs is selected from options or configurations and off you go.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next