Discussions on Palm /Windows Mobile PDA & PDA Phone + GPS combo

Moderator: Moderators

sabre23t
Councillor
Councillor
GPS: Nuvi1350 and Google Maps Android

Re: HTC TyTN II and MapKing 2007 / R12

#21 Post by sabre23t » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:51 pm

jimwoon wrote:GPSproxy is working fine with my Mapking 2007 now. The refresh rate is same as Garmin que.
Great, Jimwoon. =D>
Did you try the HTC TyTN II specific version of Mapking R12 that also gives 1sec refresh rate? Which do you prefer Mapking 2007 or Mapking R12? :-'
The world is MyMaps!

jimwoon
GPS: TOUCH PRO-Garmin Mobile XT Version 4.10.70+ IGO8+ Mapking 2007+ Google Map

#22 Post by jimwoon » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:30 pm

Never try Mapking R12, because not enough maps comparing Mapking 2007. Mapking 2007 is good enough for me .
O2 Mini >Dell V51>HTC TOUCH>HTC TYTN II >HTC TOUCH PRO.......
www.xda-developers.com

araboy
GPS: Mobile 10X on Ipaq 2490(Navigating)
GPSProxy on ASUS P535 (tracking)
WM6 on ASUS P750 (phone)

#23 Post by araboy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:37 pm

jimwoon wrote:Hi araboy and Nilist,

additional to my previous, i changed the following
GPSProxy
Under Extension
(NMEA Input)
GPS COM 4
Tick Mirror GPS Input yo Output Port
Output COM1 Changed to COM 2

Then.. It is working now.... yes and yes.... \:D/
GPSproxy is working fine with my Mapking 2007 now. The refresh rate is same as Garmin que.

I am very happy. :thumbsup:
Thanks all the bros, and hope my experience will help someone need the same.
congrats, bro jimwoon

=D>
checking for shiok-shiok only, tell me the ports allocations, if u dont mind under gpsproxy>menu>extensions> configure(gps provider)>..(under gps com port)>\/ (under com port), and do you have a port allocated to gpsdevice and is your com port 4 above allocated to "activedevice"?
rgds

jimwoon
GPS: TOUCH PRO-Garmin Mobile XT Version 4.10.70+ IGO8+ Mapking 2007+ Google Map

#24 Post by jimwoon » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:37 pm

Hi araboy,
as request:
gpsproxy>menu>extensions> configure(gps provider)>..(under gps com port)>COM4\/ (under com port), and do you have a port allocated to gpsdevice and is your com port 4 above allocated to "activedevice"? YES. COM4 is "activedevice"

I use under Start>Setting>GPS>Program Tab is "COM4", and Harawear Tab is "none". I think that "activedevice" is set for COM4, as all the programs use this com for GPS input.

Am I right?
Thank again.
O2 Mini >Dell V51>HTC TOUCH>HTC TYTN II >HTC TOUCH PRO.......
www.xda-developers.com

araboy
GPS: Mobile 10X on Ipaq 2490(Navigating)
GPSProxy on ASUS P535 (tracking)
WM6 on ASUS P750 (phone)

#25 Post by araboy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:03 pm

as i understand it, on your set, there is no com port allocated to "gpsdevice"(normally same port as one set under Start>Setting>system>GPS>hardware Tab) and all gps input is thro "activedevice" so your builtin port splitter is working well and your com port 4(activedevice) is supposed to be shareable by other prgs). tq for info

charleslee
GPS: Kaiser HTC TYTN II

Re: TyTN II and Garmin QUE

#26 Post by charleslee » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:30 am

laits wrote:They have new software at http://www.mapasia.com/AD/HTC/HTC_TYTNII_ENG.htm for above model
say, is there any difference between this R12 and the R12 (Build 0904) I have in my TYTN II?

can any kind soul verify their build version with the above link?

:tq:
Kaiser (HTC TYTN II)
Garmin Que + GPSProxy2.2c + All-in-one GMAPSUPP <-- awaiting unlock codes for LOCKED MAPS
MapKing R12 (Build 1011) <-- from: www.mapasia.com/AD/HTC/HTC_TYTNII_ENG.htm ( for TYTN II ONLY)

charleslee

#27 Post by charleslee » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:07 am

ok. I went ahead and tried out the installer anyway ..

it's build # 1011.

but before you go ahead and uninstall the old R12 and install this R12.1011,

DO REMEMBER TO BACKUP (export) your personalised favourites / POIs /etc coz uninstall removes everything !!!

also, the installer runs on a PC, not from the device itself ..

Have Fun !! \:D/

anyway, I believe I will be using more of the malsing maps by the bros here in Garmin Que rather than MapKing because malsing maps are updated more regularly than Mapkings themselves... :lol:
Kaiser (HTC TYTN II)
Garmin Que + GPSProxy2.2c + All-in-one GMAPSUPP <-- awaiting unlock codes for LOCKED MAPS
MapKing R12 (Build 1011) <-- from: www.mapasia.com/AD/HTC/HTC_TYTNII_ENG.htm ( for TYTN II ONLY)

sabre23t
Councillor
Councillor

#28 Post by sabre23t » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:25 pm

charleslee wrote:.. I will be using more of the malsing maps by the bros here in Garmin Que rather than MapKing because malsing maps are updated more regularly than Mapkings themselves...
You get monthly updates of Malsingmaps in Garmin and Mapking format here. You'll surely get access to even more frequent updates if you submit multiple "new taman full tracklogs". You can do that with your GPSProxy+GarminQue. :-'
The world is MyMaps!

charleslee

#29 Post by charleslee » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:47 pm

sabre23t wrote:
You get monthly updates of Malsingmaps in Garmin and Mapking format here.
wow. That would be wonderful !! :thumbsup:
You'll surely get access to even more frequent updates if you submit multiple "new taman full tracklogs".
Err, what's taman full tracklogs? taman = Park, tracklog = tracklog , so er.. "park" tracklogs ?? :$gone: parking fine? :$gone:

or :c0evil: national parks? :gg:

Actually, after a short brief test, I thought I like Mapking slightly better than GarminQues. Mapking loads fast, but GarminQue is temperamental .. (I've already read this thread ..

customised POIs (speedtraps, traffic lights..) need to repatch manually for GarminQues, but for MapKing, it could be easily imported (Import Favourite)

MapKing got 3D look.. Garmin one plain plain

<suspect> Hmm, somehow my power settings and backlight settings mode got reset to default. not sure if GPSProxy2.2c is the culprit. (I use it to turn backlight permanently ON), will investigate further..

BUT, since I am using the free (bundled) R12 of MapKing, so cannot load the .G10 maps (found one beta/R12 one here), so bo bian .. talk so long no use .. heh. :mrgreen:
Kaiser (HTC TYTN II)

sabre23t
Councillor
Councillor

#30 Post by sabre23t » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:37 am

charleslee wrote:Err, what's taman full tracklogs?
Contributing roads tracklogs of a complete housing estate (taman) that is not yet in our maps is what I'm referring to. O:)
See FAQ: How and what can I contribute to obtain unlock codes? and Map unlocking Q & A for full details.
charleslee wrote:BUT, since I am using the free (bundled) R12 of MapKing, so cannot load the .G10 maps (found one beta/R12 one here),
If you registered the MapKing Malaysia R12 map, you can automatically use MapKing Malsingmaps Malaysia R12 map. Similarly for Singapore. 8-)
The world is MyMaps!