Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:58 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: dopod d810
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:31 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: 60CSx, D810
Yes, update your OS to WM6.

Now using WM6 without any problem, was having a big headache when using WM5...

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:02 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: 60CSx, Nuvi 260W
Oregon 300
Garmin Que + GPSproxy combi issue had been mentionign again and again. the following are the steps I walked thru and get my D810 set up. (after that, only realised Garmin Que was already there since 2006 ....)

1st to do is to read the Wiki on GPSproxy2.2 issue and problem. maintained by Sabre. Wsian had a tweak for those who want to contribute tracklog, that installation is optional

2. after setting up GPSproxy and Garmin Que, configure GPSproxy first

3. In my D810, although Vcom port4 works, I do encountered problem at times, so the more reliable port should be Com2

4. common problem on not able to add com port was due to the MiniSD, I guess it uses some com port to communicate with the device. Again some one had provide a good solution: remove your SD card, reboot, run GPSproxy, add vcomport 2, configure within GPSproxy to allow other application (in this case Que) to use this port. hardware GPS port remains as com9

5. configure Garmin Que to use com2 for receiving GPS data.

Everytime before using Garmin Que, start and run GPSproxy first, then Que, even the satellite signal is yet to be locked, in Garmin Que, the status displayed should be Acquiring Satellite, if you see something else, some configuration is not correct then.

I can cut and paste all the link to the above 5 steps, but like other had said, the quickist way to learn is not to spoon feed everything, then what you have learnt is yours forever ...

Have fun ...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:32 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: 60CSx, D810
JJ007 wrote:
...Wsian had a tweak for those who want to contribute tracklog, that installation is optional...
This is not optional if you want to get your GPSID for the unlock code...

JJ007 wrote:
4. common problem on not able to add com port was due to the MiniSD, I guess it uses some com port to communicate with the device. Again some one had provide a good solution: remove your SD card, reboot, run GPSproxy, add vcomport 2, configure within GPSproxy to allow other application (in this case Que) to use this port. hardware GPS port remains as com9
Even if you can add com 2 initially, but might not able to load it when you launch GPSProxy. This happened to me when HTCHomeplug or Text Message or SPB Plus or SPB Mobile Shell is running at the background, the worst case is nothing is running at the background, the need to reset the device to load the virtual comport. #-o

After I upgrade to WM6, my device says goodbye to the above mentioned issue... \:D/
No matter what program is running in the background now, GPSProxy still able to run properly (so far).
:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:53 pm 

GPS: None
Hi, any one using their Dopod D810 with 3G band? If yes, please let me know have you encouter that the D810 drain the power pretty fast. FYI, I found that when I enable the 3G service and put the device in standby mode, after 4 hours, my battery was drain from 100% to 20%. Beside, can feel that my D810 pretty warm.... Not sure is this normal, all my device defective :cry:

Please let me know is this known issue on D810?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:08 am 

GPS: D810
cititank wrote:
Hi, any one using their Dopod D810 with 3G band? If yes, please let me know have you encouter that the D810 drain the power pretty fast. FYI, I found that when I enable the 3G service and put the device in standby mode, after 4 hours, my battery was drain from 100% to 20%. Beside, can feel that my D810 pretty warm.... Not sure is this normal, all my device defective :cry:

did it really go into standby mode or still the screen is active ?? i normally had my gpsgate running unnoticely and it drained power like hell....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:57 pm 

GPS: None
Dear Bro Adam,

No.. I already switch off the GPSProxy...... It only happen when I link to 3G...

Sound like my unit got problem.

adam7979 wrote:
cititank wrote:

did it really go into standby mode or still the screen is active ?? i normally had my gpsgate running unnoticely and it drained power like hell....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:43 pm 

GPS: Garmin Que+GPS Proxy
in my dopod, the loading time of Garmin Que is so long...
can anyone help to solve this....
please.........
thanks before.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:07 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

nokturno wrote:
please.........
thanks before.

Can you be more specific? How long is long? My device takes abt 5-8s to load (depending on the background tasks).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:14 am 

GPS: Garmin Que+GPS Proxy
darkness wrote:
nokturno wrote:
please.........
thanks before.

Can you be more specific? How long is long? My device takes abt 5-8s to load (depending on the background tasks).

I can't define it's long...commonly,it is more than 8 s..or I can make sure that this application was hang...
for an information that my dopod using WM6...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:53 am 

GPS: D810
Hi
I am a newbie and is trying to get GPS to work on my D810. I have installed WM6, GPSproxy2.2, Garmin que on my D810 and input the settings.

Upon activation of GPSproxy, it displays "Fix type" as "invalid".
Upon activation of Garmin que, saw the message "acquiring satellites", after which it goes into searching for com port 2.

Please help.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next