Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:09 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:47 am 

GPS: holux m1000 + dopod838pro
help~~ im using gps speed sentry 1.52 + mapking g10 ,if i open this 2 program together, the speed sentry will keep repeating disconnect/reconnect to gps... if close mapking, no problem at all. anyone using mapking facing this problem? issit cause by using same port for this 2 software?
now i only can choose either one to use... :(

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:33 am 

GPS: Mobile 10X on Ipaq 2490(Navigating)
GPSProxy on ASUS P535 (tracking)
WM6 on ASUS P750 (phone)
dear bro,
u can try the built in com splitting software in 'start';'settings';'system';'gps';'programs' with program port fixed to a free com port and at 'hardware' tab fixed to gps device port. i understand the 'program port' is able to feed a number of programs like mapking and sentry. before loading the prgs, you may have to soft reset first. if cannot prg gpsgate can help. happy trying

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:14 am 

GPS: holux m1000 + dopod838pro
thanks alot!!!
it works!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:58 am 
Councillor
Councillor

GPS: Nuvi1350 and Google Maps Android
I think this thread is worth a sticky, right guys? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:09 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Dopod d810 on Mapking 2007 and Garmin Que
Nuvi 310
Hi sifus,
Some newbie doubts that I have

1)I'm running on GPS proxy 2.2c with garmin que.
I am able to connect to GPS when running on GPS Speed sentry independently without using the Garmin que but when I run my GPS proxy 2.2c with garmin que and GPS sentry together either the GPS proxy or the Speed Sentry gets disconnected. Ineed to use the GPS proxy in order to view the latest Malsing maps
That means I can't run both these applications together..am I right here ?

Second question, if it is possible to run both applications ie. Speed sentry and GPS proxy 2.2 together what are the necessary settings required?

My current impression is that I can't use GPS proxy 2.2c with GPS sentry simultaneously or can the sentry only run along Franson GPS gate ?

Kindly advise
TQ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:17 pm 

GPS: Mobile 10X on Ipaq 2490(Navigating)
GPSProxy on ASUS P535 (tracking)
WM6 on ASUS P750 (phone)
gps proxy can be activated to have function similar to gpsgate prg
gpsproxy will feed to both
a)garmin que through the garmin protocol output( under gpsproxy-'menu';'extensions';'gps protocol output';'configure';'..')choose a com port which is a gpsproxy virtual com port and to be the same as (under garmin q-'menu';'system setup';'interface';'communication port')
b)gps speedsentry will then feed through the output com port (under gpsproxy-'menu'; 'extensions';under gps provider'configure';under output com port;'..') choose another com port which is a gpsproxy virtual com port. click'ok' and tick mirror gps input to output port.
c)two virtual com ports will be required -under gpsproxy 'menu';virtual com ports:;'add' com ports as required.
d) under c above, in order to free for the two gpsproxy virtual com ports , i used gpsgate to remove association between com 3 with irrcom and com 4 with irda as my pda dont have infra red and tv remote communications.(click "output" tab,select from list "Virtual Com Port", click "Add",click "More" under new window 'for advanced users only',click "edit", select active com ports to be removed, click "remove" as required. if u change ur mind u can "activate" back under 'removed com ports' window. ) of course all under owner's own risk. my p535 requires above adjustments before can operate proxy.
rgds

Last edited by araboy on Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:35 pm 
Regular
Regular

Nuvi 310
araboy wrote:
gps proxy can be activated to have function similar to gpsgate prg
gpsproxy will feed to both
a)garmin que through the garmin protocol output( under gpsproxy-'menu';'extensions';'gps protocol output';'configure';'..')choose a com port which is a gpsproxy virtual com port and to be the same as (under garmin q-'menu';'system setup';'interface';'communication port')
b)gps speedsentry will then feed through the output com port (under gpsproxy-'menu'; 'extensions';under gps provider'configure';under output com port;'..') choose another com port which is a gpsproxy virtual com port. click'ok' and tick mirror gps input to output port.
c)two virtual com ports will be required -under gpsproxy 'menu';virtual com ports:;'add' com ports as required.
d) under c above, in order to free for the two gpsproxy virtual com ports , i used gpsgate to remove association between com 3 with irrcom and com 4 with irda as my pda dont have infra red and tv remote communications.
rgds

Hi araboy,

Followed your steps till "C" then didn't know how to proceed . After some trial and error on my sentry and proxy settings I managed to get the sentry,Gpsproxy and Que working simultaneously without problems :thumbsup:
I've totally disabled my Franson GPS gate altogether

My settings:

On GPS Sentry:
Menu ..setup...Com Port -Com4: GPSproxy VirtualCOM Port...Baud Rate 4800

On GPSProxy
Menu..extensions..NMEA input..configure..GPS com Port- COM9
enable Mirror GPS input to output port

Output COM Port- COM4
GPS protocol output...configure...Application COM Port- COM2

Under Garmin Que
Menu...System set up...Interface...Communications Port- GPSProxy Virtual COM Port on COM2

With these setup the the sentry GPS proxy and Que run flawlessly.
I'm currently using the trial /unregistered version of the Sentry.
Ha Ha now need to get the full/registered version :wink:

Anyway thanks for your tips..really useful :tq:
Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:51 pm 

GPS: Dopod 810
dvpro wrote:
The latest Speedtraps POIs in CSV converted from Mapking: Speedtraps POIs v2.02 in .POI format updated 6-Sep-2007 compiled by Bro Pauchai. Unzip and import this file into GPS Speed Sentry.

Where can I get GPS Speed Sentry? I am using Garmin Que.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:56 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Handheld, PDA Based
bmcdonald wrote:
dvpro wrote:
The latest Speedtraps POIs in CSV converted from Mapking: Speedtraps POIs v2.02 in .POI format updated 6-Sep-2007 compiled by Bro Pauchai. Unzip and import this file into GPS Speed Sentry.

Where can I get GPS Speed Sentry? I am using Garmin Que.

Pls see first post of this thread, and BTW :welcome: to Malsingmaps.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:17 pm 
Regular
Regular

Nuvi 310
Have been using the GPS speed sentry along with Garmin Que for a couple of weeks. Am using the Sept SPEEDTRAPS_V202_070906.CSV.zip
Results: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
System very stable. The advantage of speed sentry over the GPI format of Nuvis is that there will be two alert sounds before approaching the speed cameras which in this case depending on the distance before the camera that you set into the Speed sentry system. For me my first alert is 1000m before approaching the camera which should give me ample time to slow down. The second alert is 500m before reaching the camera. I've set the angle of detection to 60 degrees.
I find this setup ok for me.
The only downside is if you're travelling i a vicinity filled with speed cameras then your unit will be very noisy :rolleyes:
But I think I can tolerate this.
Overall I'm fully satisfied with this programme (have purchased the registered version of speed sentry)
Now hope to get the new updated speed traps for the Que/csv file/POI format

Cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next