Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:51 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:11 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Garmin GPS 10x + iPAQ hx2750 (Holux GPslim236 backup)
OK just reached Ipoh.. GPS showing speed about 10kmh liddat less than the speedo.. I guess its right, Stock sppedo is the one thats not that accurate.. still analog speed.. but i realize at higher speeds the GPS and the car speedo accurate. Tried at 205kmh, speedo and GPS show same speed..

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:42 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: No GPS
Prometheus wrote:
Tried at 205kmh, speedo and GPS show same speed..

Wow!!...so fast aaa.....what car u drive.... [-X but be carefull becos now is bus accident season... :zzz: :ko:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:57 pm 
Community POI leader
Community POI leader

GPS: Nuvi 310 (OZ)
pelurusilver wrote:

:-k mm... the logic is there. but why arr like that? gpsr should updated by satelite rite then push it to the pda/mobile.
seems like the satelite "overlooked" where the btgpsr meh.. :ko:

coz of that I missed 2 turn so far using this GPS. just driving 100kph in the highway. :fire:

The GPS updates is always given.. it is how the program treats it. One or 2 spurious data may wreak havoc if the software doesn't know how to manage the stream of data coming in.

What if your satellite data got one error.. then it recalculate for no apparent reason because a tree block a bit and it detect that you are on the foot path instead of the road..

So of course the unit needs to be error tolerant..

Plus your CPU need to redraw the maps, especially when it is 3D. And need to check for POI to see if need to alert you to speedtrap.. Need to constantly check that you are on the route that is given.. And need to constantly check if the distance is near the next turn to give you audio warning..

100km/h on highway can miss 2 exits ?

Or you driving 100km/h in residential road ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:22 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: GPSlim240
HTC P3452
MapkingG10
GMXT
GPSProxy
[quote ...Tried at 205kmh, speedo and GPS show same speed..[/quote] :thumbsup:

Bro,

slow slow lah.. Drive until speed 205kmh must take care the safety first, :shock: not a gps...
[-X [-X

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:50 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 1350
Nuvi 55LM
As always my setting's Que (PDA) shows slower speed than my car's speedometer. But last night I tried with my notebook, just a GPS reading software that shows speed and location, the speed is almost same as car's speedometer.

Somehow Que is slower, maybe because of GPSProxy since I am not using Garmin GPSR.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:02 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Dopod 838 Pro/N73
I iBlue 737/10x
GMXT/Mapking
sotongkia wrote:
pelurusilver wrote:

:-k mm... the logic is there. but why arr like that? gpsr should updated by satelite rite then push it to the pda/mobile.
seems like the satelite "overlooked" where the btgpsr meh.. :ko:

coz of that I missed 2 turn so far using this GPS. just driving 100kph in the highway. :fire:

The GPS updates is always given.. it is how the program treats it. One or 2 spurious data may wreak havoc if the software doesn't know how to manage the stream of data coming in.

What if your satellite data got one error.. then it recalculate for no apparent reason because a tree block a bit and it detect that you are on the foot path instead of the road..

So of course the unit needs to be error tolerant..

Plus your CPU need to redraw the maps, especially when it is 3D. And need to check for POI to see if need to alert you to speedtrap.. Need to constantly check that you are on the route that is given.. And need to constantly check if the distance is near the next turn to give you audio warning..

1stly i never been used that h/way before. further more when u reach the intersection like this with 100kph speed and u r 100% rely on the gps.
like i said, becoz of the late update, i missed it. #-o

Attachments:
[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:31 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Vista Cx
S'pore-R 3.97
Malsing NT5.27
The speedo of my car matches the speed reported in my Vista Cx.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:37 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 1350
Nuvi 55LM
pelurusilver wrote:
sotongkia wrote:
pelurusilver wrote:

1stly i never been used that h/way before. further more when u reach the intersection like this with 100kph speed and u r 100% rely on the gps.
like i said, becoz of the late update, i missed it. #-o

1. When routing, should always set "Show Location" to "On Roads".
2. GPS is meant to assist navigation, not to drive your car for you. If someone knows that a turn is coming and still maintain driving speed at 100kph, then it's a user problem, not the GPS system, or GPSr or PDA or whatever. If anyone expects relies on GPS 100%, he/she is better off getting a cab.
3. Dont blame on the late update, instead zoom out a little more to see further and expect your turn coming, slow down. This is basic driving skill.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:08 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Dopod 838 Pro/N73
I iBlue 737/10x
GMXT/Mapking
[quote=

1. When routing, should always set "Show Location" to "On Roads".
2. GPS is meant to assist navigation, not to drive your car for you. If someone knows that a turn is coming and still maintain driving speed at 100kph, then it's a user problem, not the GPS system, or GPSr or PDA or whatever. If anyone expects relies on GPS 100%, he/she is better off getting a cab.
3. Dont blame on the late update, instead zoom out a little more to see further and expect your turn coming, slow down. This is basic driving skill.[/quote]

yeah.. u r rite =D>

lelong..!! lelong..!! Evo 6 for RM20k. =P~ :$gone: =P~ :$gone: =P~

err.. by the way, how to zoom out/in in mapking without it automatically zoom back to normal. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:03 am 

GPS: nüvi 200, finally!
Silverbullet: Actually I know that stretch of road, coming from Putrajaya Link right? I don't think is your GPS problem, it's the map. I have been driving to Cyberjaya for the past week and my Nuvi200 always fails on that "Ring of Death"... So, for that part of the road, I strongly recommend watching out for the sign.