Page 5 of 7

Re: HELP... updated 2008 map

Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:47 am
by hong8686
i orely download Mapking G10/2007 for Windows Mobile,how to install it???TQ

htc touch pro + mapking

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:56 pm
by anhydrous
hi there, just recently purchased mapking, however after the installation and yadda yadda, when i try to use mapking, i get stuck at the splash screen... doesn't proceed any further anyone encounter similar problems? tried installing and resintalling but stll like that however garmin mobile xt is working fine

charles

Re: htc touch pro + mapking

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:30 pm
by apogee
I've just bought HTC Touch Pro with WM6.1. Pre installed GPS software is MapKing 2007. Can I install the Garmin map into my unit ? What's the suitable version (software name)?

Re: htc touch pro + mapking

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:08 pm
by tecrc
apogee wrote:I've just bought HTC Touch Pro with WM6.1. Pre installed GPS software is MapKing 2007. Can I install the Garmin map into my unit ? What's the suitable version (software name)?
No you can't install the garmin map using mapking but you can use MSM's mapking version. You can however use Garmin Mobile XT to use the Garmin version maps.

Re: htc touch pro + mapking

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:19 pm
by apogee
tecrc wrote:No you can't install the garmin map using mapking but you can use MSM's mapking version. You can however use Garmin Mobile XT to use the Garmin version maps.

Thanks Bro tecrc, but where can I get the Garmin Mobile XT. Is there any free download?

Re: htc touch pro + mapking

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:10 am
by jchoong
You can go to the Garmin website and download to install GMXT (version 4.20.50w for WM) into your Touch Pro. However you need to pair the Touch Pro with an external Garmin 10x GPSr.

If you want to use GMXT with your built-in GPSr you will need to purchase the GMXT data SD card from Garmin. This has been discussed many times in this forum - read thru the threads under PDA or Smart Phones.

Re: htc touch pro + mapking

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:15 pm
by apogee
jchoong wrote:You can go to the Garmin website and download to install GMXT (version 4.20.50w for WM) into your Touch Pro. However you need to pair the Touch Pro with an external Garmin 10x GPSr.

If you want to use GMXT with your built-in GPSr you will need to purchase the GMXT data SD card from Garmin. This has been discussed many times in this forum - read thru the threads under PDA or Smart Phones.
Thanks Bro for your suggestion and advice. But unfortunately, my touch pro doesn,t have SD card slot. It only has microSD card slot.

Re: htc touch pro + mapking

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:39 pm
by babun
Sd,micro sd and mini sd can.

Re: htc touch pro + mapking

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:06 pm
by anhydrous
can't install directly and use the garmin mobile xt? what software is the best to use for tracklogging btw?

Re: htc touch pro + mapking

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:10 pm
by SilverBeauty
apogee wrote:
Thanks Bro for your suggestion and advice. But unfortunately, my touch pro doesn,t have SD card slot. It only has microSD card slot.
Bro apogee, Garmin Mobile XT comes in microSD with an adaptor for SD so can use on your touch pro.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=11413