Garmin Que - General Discussion

Discussions on Palm /Windows Mobile PDA & PDA Phone + GPS combo

Moderator: Moderators

cywong
GPS: iPad4150,Atom Life,Holux 236B,external re-rad antenna

Re: Does your Garmin Que ever go haywire on long drives?

#31 Post by cywong » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:51 am

I've sometimes experienced the same thing, but it doesn't related to the distance of the destination. Most of the time when it happened to me, the distance of the destination is within 50km.

On my recent trip to Penang, I route all the way from Singapore to Penang on the way up, and it doesn't happened. So its not due to distance of destination (at least for my case).

JJ007
Regular
Regular
GPS: 60CSx, Nuvi 260W
Oregon 300

#32 Post by JJ007 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:25 pm

My experience on Garmin Que + GPSproxy + D810 (internal GPS) --> unstable. GPS signal get lost from time to time, just a short 20 min from the place I work to my home, it's been signal loss, recalculating, rerouting at least 5 ~ 6 times, really unstable. May be it is just my set.

relatively, MapkingG10 with my D810 is very stable and I have never miss a turn, only comment is the interface, it is not easy to add a POI/MOB while driving, typical Windows Mobile interface problem

Prometheus
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin GPS 10x + iPAQ hx2750 (Holux GPslim236 backup)

#33 Post by Prometheus » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:49 pm

hmm Garmin que shouldn't be unstable if your mapking is stable. I think Que plus Proxy use less processor power than Mapking.

I think drop all the all com port speeds to 9600. Try and see..
Please view my featured blog at Cnet Asia: http://asia.cnet.com/member/Prometheus/blog/

hitokiri
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#34 Post by hitokiri » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:18 am

This happened to me too.

PDA GPS [Dopod P100]

EVERYTIME I go through the Karak-Kuantan Highway, it'll show 27km.
Also when travelling from KL-Bukit Merah.

Not once, not twice... EVERYTIME I go through there.

I thought of reporting as an error, but I don't know how to actually put it to words.

Prometheus
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin GPS 10x + iPAQ hx2750 (Holux GPslim236 backup)

#35 Post by Prometheus » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:03 am

i dunno why but improved already ..

last week travelled ipoh, all was ok. This time i was using que with gps10x, so there was no gpsproxy intermediary program.
Please view my featured blog at Cnet Asia: http://asia.cnet.com/member/Prometheus/blog/

jeremaze
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
GPS: Holux & GARMIN

#36 Post by jeremaze » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:45 am

Thats because of GpsProxy?

nshon
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: 60CSx

Garmin Que freezes on "loading"

#37 Post by nshon » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:42 pm

I've upgraded from the D810 to the Kaiser and am having the same with Garmin Que 'freezing' or 'hanging' on the "loading" page. This made me think it's not a problem with my D810 and I think I've cracked it. I recalled that Que loaded without any problems when I was roaming so I put 1 and 1 together and tried disabling PushMail+GPRS and low and behold Que loads without freezing and loads within 10 secs, everytime.

I cannot be the only person who's using PushMail with Exchange 2006 so I'm pretty surprised that I could not find a 'solution' to this Que 'freezing on loading' problem. Can anyone verify this?

stimix
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nokia N78 (Garmin MXT for Navi & Racechrono for tracking)

Re: Garmin Que freezes on "loading"

#38 Post by stimix » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:58 pm

It's something to do wth WM6 radio ROM bugs...happened in Asus P535 too..me too upgraded to Kaiser and everytime update the weather programme, Garmin que freeze & uploading tokk more than few min ~2-4min insteasd of usual 4-5second!

I hard reseted the set and uninstall Kaiser and tot there will be no problem but after I connected via wifi & surfed, My Garmin Que again..slowdown!...Similarly if u activesync & swithc on Garmin que after active sync....

Thereafter, I found out that by soft resetting few times, the uploading speed returned to ori condition...So the only solution now is to soft reset few times whenever Garmin Que freeze....I suspect is the WM6 Radio ROM! not Kaiser...Waiting for latest Radio ROM now... [-o<

nshon
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: 60CSx

#39 Post by nshon » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:18 pm

Aiyo different problem bro. I can't even get Que to launch if I don't suspend PushMail/GPRS! :)

cvco
GPS: Garmin 2455LMT (6.66 map), HTC TyTN, Dopod 818Pro, Garmin Mobile 10X, MoblieXT 4.20.50, MSM 5.31

#40 Post by cvco » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:50 am

Excuse me for veering off the topic but i had the same problems as you on my MXT. I learned to soft-reset before using MXT and problem solved because all the memory was freed again.

I think the problem is how Garmin uses memory. In the latest verson of MXT Garmin said they have made smaller files to reduce memory usage but i dont see any difference compared to prior versions.

Also...after a GPS session, I soft-reset again so that OTHER programs wont freeze-on-loading.

My experience has been that using any programs prior to a GPS session causes MXT to freeze-on-loading so i just got the habit of re-freshing memory before starting out on the road and no more problems.

To me, the solution is that Garmin needs to re-write the program but we'll be lucky to just get minor fixes for the biggest problems along the way.
Charles