Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:07 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: My new toy.......!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:04 am 
Offline
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:00 am
Posts: 948
Location: SG
GPS: 60CSx, 10X
bro Axella,

Did you read this in your instruction manual?

Precaution

THE INDOOR ANTENNA MUST BE TOTALLY ISOLATED AND DOES NOT HAVE A LINE OF SIGHT TO THE EXTERNAL GPS ANTENNA, SO AS TO AVOID FEEDBACK RELECTED RF SIGNAL.


here is the Link

Note: I just C&P the precaution as it is and highlighted it in red. I am not shouting. The reason the seller put it in caps means it must be important.

So yes you cannot put it too close, and best not to in line of sight.

Wow, if you look at the specs, there is a 28dB gain on the antenna plus another 20dB gain at the booster. I wonder if the noise level is tolerable being amplified twice? Guess it should be alright?
Image
Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: My new toy.......!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:35 am 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:42 pm
Posts: 850
Location: Eastern Singapore
GPS: Omnia HD + GMXT with 10x / Agis NavFone /Nuvi 765 /nRoute with 10X / Di~GPS on D700!
cruiser wrote:
AxeLa wrote:
I have put the antenna inside the bonnet, near the wipers....now when i open or close door, signal will not be lost...make sure the antenna is not near the radiating antenna, otherwise it will kill off all signal... :-k


Is that a fact??? I shall go see how it works with mine... worth experimenting on this, :tq: Axela!

feed back pls... :wink:

_________________
Omnia HD with GMXT & Garmin 10X / Agis NavFone /
Nuvi 765


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: My new toy.......!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:37 am 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:42 pm
Posts: 850
Location: Eastern Singapore
GPS: Omnia HD + GMXT with 10x / Agis NavFone /Nuvi 765 /nRoute with 10X / Di~GPS on D700!
trajet2b wrote:
bro Axella,

Did you read this in your instruction manual?

Precaution

THE INDOOR ANTENNA MUST BE TOTALLY ISOLATED AND DOES NOT HAVE A LINE OF SIGHT TO THE EXTERNAL GPS ANTENNA, SO AS TO AVOID FEEDBACK RELECTED RF SIGNAL.


here is the Link

Note: I just C&P the precaution as it is and highlighted it in red. I am not shouting. The reason the seller put it in caps means it must be important.

So yes you cannot put it too close, and best not to in line of sight.

Wow, if you look at the specs, there is a 28dB gain on the antenna plus another 20dB gain at the booster. I wonder if the noise level is tolerable being amplified twice? Guess it should be alright?
Image
Image


mine no instruction manual....... :-' aniway thks! \:D/

_________________
Omnia HD with GMXT & Garmin 10X / Agis NavFone /
Nuvi 765


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: My new toy.......!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:53 am 
Offline
Elite
Elite
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:43 pm
Posts: 2823
Location: Haagse Duinen
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
AxeLa wrote:
feed back pls... :wink:


Will do la...not to worry or hurry and over here, dark and wet outside too and I won't do it on this car, maybe on rental when flying out.

But I did try before at the very center-edge of roof, right above rear-view mirror location and it is super!!! but not ideal with distribution of wires despite being carefully taped, "ayer hujan masok juga" :thumbsdown:

_________________
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.


Last edited by cruiser on Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: My new toy.......!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:56 am 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:42 pm
Posts: 850
Location: Eastern Singapore
GPS: Omnia HD + GMXT with 10x / Agis NavFone /Nuvi 765 /nRoute with 10X / Di~GPS on D700!
cruiser wrote:
AxeLa wrote:
feed back pls... :wink:


Will do la...not to worry or hurry and over here, dark and wet outside too and I won't do it on this car, maybe on rental when flying out.

But I did try before at the very center-edge of roof, right above rear-view mirror location and it is super!!! but not ideal with distribution of wires despite being carefully taped, "ayer hujan masok juga" :thumbsdown:

ha ha! ok... :wink:

_________________
Omnia HD with GMXT & Garmin 10X / Agis NavFone /
Nuvi 765


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: My new toy.......!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:54 am 
Offline
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:22 am
Posts: 1076
Location: Kuching Sarawak
GPS: gps76csx, gps76csx, gps72, nokia n96,10x,Holux m241
Bro AxeLa
you are all over the place
So super men :thumbsup:

_________________
SORRY . My English is not that good. I am doing my best to improve! Thank You.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: My new toy.......!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:58 am 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:42 pm
Posts: 850
Location: Eastern Singapore
GPS: Omnia HD + GMXT with 10x / Agis NavFone /Nuvi 765 /nRoute with 10X / Di~GPS on D700!
kcuhingguy wrote:
Bro AxeLa
you are all over the place
So super men :thumbsup:

Same as u.... :-({|=

_________________
Omnia HD with GMXT & Garmin 10X / Agis NavFone /
Nuvi 765


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: My new toy.......!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:01 am 
Offline
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:22 am
Posts: 1076
Location: Kuching Sarawak
GPS: gps76csx, gps76csx, gps72, nokia n96,10x,Holux m241
Bro AxeLa,
someting to do lao
nick to know you
Tata :wink:

_________________
SORRY . My English is not that good. I am doing my best to improve! Thank You.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: My new toy.......!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:02 am 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:42 pm
Posts: 850
Location: Eastern Singapore
GPS: Omnia HD + GMXT with 10x / Agis NavFone /Nuvi 765 /nRoute with 10X / Di~GPS on D700!
kcuhingguy wrote:
Bro AxeLa,
someting to do lao
nick to know you
Tata :wink:

:thumbsup: \:D/

_________________
Omnia HD with GMXT & Garmin 10X / Agis NavFone /
Nuvi 765


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: My new toy.......!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:02 am 
Offline
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:17 am
Posts: 121
Location: Singapura
GPS: Useless Qualcomm
Seasoned Vista HCx V2.6
Condemned NJ1030A Ver.4
External Antenna cant be used with etrex Legend. Its one of the rare benefits of having a 60CSx :-'


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hognairda and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group