New Screen Protectors from Boxwave

Discuss about external antenna, batteries, mount and other GPS accessories

Moderator: Moderators

waypoint
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Trimble Ensign.Foretrex 101/401.Etrex H/Vista HCx.Nuvi 255W/205.NOKIA E72.iPad 64GB 3G.

New Screen Protectors from Boxwave

#1 Post by waypoint » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:56 am

Apparently, they come in two flavours; ClearTouch Crystal and ClearTouch Anti-Glare. Full screen coverage. USD12.95 each, International S&H is an additional USD3.50. Volume discounts available. They are available for the usual models we see here from the handhelds to the Nuvis. Washable and re-usable.

Anyone wanna SPREE this?

Vista HCx - http://www.boxwave.com/products/easyfin ... s_2971.htm

BR,
w a y
"Heroes are born when bullets fly, when the earth explodes, when cannons roar, When Trumpets Fade."

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

Re: New Screen Protectors from Boxwave

#2 Post by cruiser » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:00 am

hi Way... :)

Have you considered this other brand? ShieldZone? I know it's a thad more in price & it's the ultimate in protection and staying equally invisible... if washing or stocking the Screen Puff is for most just another added burden?

"Screen Puff is a handy, reusable screen wiper which easily cleans off grime and oils from the Garmin eTrex Vista HCx screen."

With this other brand, which covers a wider spectrum plus, given the lifetime warranty, incl. free dispatch by post, no need to wash nor wipe or worry about sweat stains etc...not even scratches from those jagged nails!!! It is like a full-armor destroy-proof tank with no maintenance needed.... :thumbsup:

My experience with Invisible Shield is by far the best for value and confidence. Click HERE for their on-line site and you'll find, their prices are as good as competitive as a matter of fact... unlike many that says is more expensive than other brands, I doubt it once you see their pricing and services plus life-time guarantee offered.
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

waypoint
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Trimble Ensign.Foretrex 101/401.Etrex H/Vista HCx.Nuvi 255W/205.NOKIA E72.iPad 64GB 3G.

#3 Post by waypoint » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:26 am

Hey Bro Cruiser,

Yes, I am aware of Shieldzone's offering. In fact, I had one on my old 60C when I sold it off to a fellow MSM member. I totally agree that it is an excellent product and echo your sentiments in terms of product quality and support.

But specifically for the Vista HCx, there has been alot of talk over at Groundspeak Forums regarding it's fit. It seems Zagg has been having problems getting the fit and finish right. There is a customer who has sent and received the 'CORRECT ONE' no less than four times but still yet to get a proper fit. And with me located here in Singapore, I'm not going to risk that.

And this day and age with modern cutting technologies, I would think it is reasonable for anyone to expect a perfect fit.

Check out the thread - http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index. ... vista&st=0

I'm sure there are no such issues for their other products.

BR,
w a y
"Heroes are born when bullets fly, when the earth explodes, when cannons roar, When Trumpets Fade."

imantulen
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin

#4 Post by imantulen » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:54 am

Hi,

was at Digital Mall last nite, inquired on a screen protector price for my nuvi200w - was quoted RM50/-

is this expensive ?

seems a lot to me when a original garmin pouch costs approx 80/-

waypoint
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#5 Post by waypoint » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:10 am

Well, imantulen. I've always looked at protective cases as 'insurance policies'. They all vary in costs, what they protect and how well they do so. So it depends on what you want and need.

Take the original Garmin eTrex case for example, one would expect something from the originators of the eTrex to have come up with something better. But no, Gilsson had to do it first. ](*,)

And since I usually sell my 'old' toys to finance/offset the cost of a new one, I find them most useful and worthwhile; helps to fetch higher prices and make happy buyers.

BR,
w a y

aceedburn
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: nüvi 42LM

#6 Post by aceedburn » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:30 pm

imantulen wrote:Hi,

was at Digital Mall last nite, inquired on a screen protector price for my nuvi200w - was quoted RM50/-

is this expensive ?

imantulen, I paid RM45 for mine from the garmin dealer, outside on the ground floor.
GPS & Music, can live with it, can't live without it.
http://soundcloud.com/rknair

imantulen
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin

#7 Post by imantulen » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:33 pm

oh.... ok, at least i know the base price now.... heheheeee

harrier880
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
GPS: HTCP3300+Que+MapkingR12 +Gpsgate2.5

#8 Post by harrier880 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:36 pm

aceedburn wrote:
imantulen wrote:Hi,

is this expensive ?

imantulen, I paid RM45 for mine from the garmin dealer, outside on the ground floor.
afterall before you nail your $ to it, check out the specification/brand and ask good, silly questions......bla, bla.... if you not happy don't buy.

tropicalfruitz
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Useless Qualcomm
Seasoned Vista HCx V2.6
Condemned NJ1030A Ver.4

#9 Post by tropicalfruitz » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:45 pm

hey waypoint bro!
"Volume Discount" aka "free shipping above $75" issit? :mrgreen:

Anyway i dont mind joining the queue for something to preserve the resale value my hcx. My existing screen protector was the same plastic covering that came with the unit. Now its peeling off like a sunburn #-o . Count me in!

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#10 Post by cruiser » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:53 pm

@ Waypoint, thats right and equally true... =D> I wouldn't settle nor fall for less esp. when one is led to believe in soliciting to a product based on given specs. Like in all products, it is always assumed, that 1-2% defectiveness is expected and with the "unfortunate" beholder of it, from cars to washing machines to screen protectors... the guarantee speaks volumes plus added costs in dispatching... in these days too, it can be disastrous for the small manufacturer and all 3rd parties involved in the Sales...

Eventually, if the consumer doesn't lose, he has little or no complaint to whine over but is left with the manufacturer to borne all risks. I have just rerouted my Shieldzone screen (for Nuvi650) that went to Spore to return back to Belgium. It was sent there while I was there on my Sept/Oct holidays but I missed it when I left for Thailand. :mrgreen:
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.