Discuss about external antenna, batteries, mount and other GPS accessories

Moderator: Moderators

dvpro
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Handheld, PDA Based

Re: Leather carrying case for Nuvi200

#41 Post by dvpro » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:15 pm

I've always wanted a Nuvi case that can be worn on a belt, because I find the Nuvi in the original Garmin case is a bit bulky when stored in a pocket. There are quite a few that I'd found online, but I try to avoid flaps with magnetic closures, as well as the ones with belt clip which are usually bulky (can also be uncomfortable worn over a period of time).

Slim Leather Case for Garmin Nuvi 780 770 760 750 710

This one fits the bill, slim styling with velcro closures instead of magnets, and a belt loop instead of a clip. I just placed an order for the item and will post some "real" pictures and comments when it arrives. Price is US$22.93 plus free shipping worldwide.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

dvpro
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Handheld, PDA Based

#42 Post by dvpro » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:22 pm

dvpro wrote:...
This one fits the bill, slim styling with velcro closures instead of magnets, and a belt loop instead of a clip. I just placed an order for the item and will post some "real" pictures and comments when it arrives. Price is US$22.93 plus free shipping worldwide.
The package just arrived this afternoon, using normal mail, took almost 2 weeks to arrive. Here're some pictures comparing it to the original Garmin case.

Free delivery but using normal mail, for some reason I was only charged USD21, total cost is RM73.40.

Front and back view (with slim profile belt loop).

Comparing with original Garmin case (below).

Comparing with original Garmin case (left), the Slim Case is noticeably slimmer and fits better in a jeans pocket. It can also be worn on a belt, and since the case covers entirely unlike Garmin's, I don't have to worry about it being scratched when I have to put it in my missus' handbag.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

lanujang
GPS: garminasus A10

#43 Post by lanujang » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:16 pm

hi,
just to share...

i got myself a Leather Pouch for my 205W from LYP. i love it so much. :thumbsup:

thank you
Attachments
inside
inside
back
back
front
front
~
lanujang