Singapore-Johore Map (by Jerome)

Discussions on Garmin maps by other parties, commercial or otherwise.

Moderator: Moderators

JJ007
Regular
Regular
GPS: 60CSx, Nuvi 260W
Oregon 300

Re: Jerome Map for newbie

#111 Post by JJ007 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:58 pm

gt4 wrote:I think i understand why it shows v2.15. But how do i check the map is v3.67 on the garmin set ?
gt4, using Nuvi2ooW as you indicated, you cant see ther version of each individual map, but only the overall gmapsupp.img version, under map, setup, about

another way is to use gmaptool. refer to dvpro instruction (some part of it)

viewtopic.php?p=82787#p82787

dvpro
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Handheld, PDA Based

#112 Post by dvpro » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:17 pm

JJ007 wrote:
gt4 wrote:I think i understand why it shows v2.15. But how do i check the map is v3.67 on the garmin set ?
gt4, using Nuvi2ooW as you indicated, you cant see ther version of each individual map, but only the overall gmapsupp.img version, under map, setup, about

you indicated you have Mapsource? than you can use mapsource to see after installing Mysin executable
Free map v2.15 is just a GMAPSUPP.IMG installer, will not install as a Mapsource mapset. You can view the content of GMAPSUPP.IMG using Gmaptool, see post: viewtopic.php?p=82787#p82787 (Step # 8).
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

bkling
GPS: Garmin

#113 Post by bkling » Fri May 02, 2008 8:18 am

Just to check with forumer...do we need to donate again if we want to get the updated version of Jerome Map if we had donated before?

dafansu
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin 200W

#114 Post by dafansu » Fri May 02, 2008 9:10 am

Redstorm wrote:
gt4 wrote:Thanks. Now i understand. I have did what you have mentioned. Copy the latest gmapsupp.img in garmin folder.

when i click MAP Info on my garmin set , i see verion 2.15

The IMG i download is Jan 2008 and suppose to v V3.6, dont understand why it is still showing v2.15
Inndividually the map of each state in My and Sg has its own version number - Sg being v3.6 and collectively the whole malsing map is known as v2.15.
latest sg is v3.7 right? how about jerome donation map, how to check which version is it

jchoong
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: 2575 + 40LM

#115 Post by jchoong » Fri May 02, 2008 4:43 pm

bkling wrote:Just to check with forumer...do we need to donate again if we want to get the updated version of Jerome Map if we had donated before?
One donation qualifies for all future updates. But there's nothing to stop you making additional donations for future updates - particularly when significant improvements have been made.

dafansu
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin 200W

#116 Post by dafansu » Fri May 02, 2008 8:53 pm

jchoong wrote:
bkling wrote:Just to check with forumer...do we need to donate again if we want to get the updated version of Jerome Map if we had donated before?
One donation qualifies for all future updates. But there's nothing to stop you making additional donations for future updates - particularly when significant improvements have been made.
i thought jerome's map is monetary contribution of $20?

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

#117 Post by Redstorm » Fri May 02, 2008 9:37 pm

dafansu wrote:
jchoong wrote: One donation qualifies for all future updates. But there's nothing to stop you making additional donations for future updates - particularly when significant improvements have been made.
i thought jerome's map is monetary contribution of $20?
Yes, a one-time donation will entitle you to the Jerome's map and all future versions. What bro SOSweet is saying that you can donate again in future if you think that his maps are worth the significant improvements he has made over the years.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

bkling
GPS: Garmin

#118 Post by bkling » Fri May 02, 2008 10:22 pm

Yes, a one-time donation will entitle you to the Jerome's map and all future versions. What bro SOSweet is saying that you can donate again in future if you think that his maps are worth the significant improvements he has made over the years.[/[/size]quote]

Ya..we should donate again if significant improvements has been made..No matter how, it is still cheaper than Garmin Map

zerocoolastra
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200

#119 Post by zerocoolastra » Sun May 04, 2008 10:34 am

Jerome's maps are great! :) Am using the free one at the moment.

i have a question regarding some of the routing. My Nuvi 200 is still a new toy to me, and so I use it even for the usual mundane trips. I notice that it suggests a route that is different from the one I usually take. Is there any way that I can 'teach' the set my preferred route?
Bearing in mind that my 200 is basically the cheapest of the lot, I'm just being hopeful here. If there is a way I can teach it a route, that would be great. If not, oh well...

thanks! Appreciate the help!
btw, how to donate?

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

#120 Post by Redstorm » Sun May 04, 2008 11:23 am

zerocoolastra wrote:Jerome's maps are great! :) Am using the free one at the moment.

i have a question regarding some of the routing. My Nuvi 200 is still a new toy to me, and so I use it even for the usual mundane trips. I notice that it suggests a route that is different from the one I usually take. Is there any way that I can 'teach' the set my preferred route?
Bearing in mind that my 200 is basically the cheapest of the lot, I'm just being hopeful here. If there is a way I can teach it a route, that would be great. If not, oh well...

thanks! Appreciate the help!
btw, how to donate?
No, you can't "teach" your set to go by your preferred route. Alot depends on how your set your "Route Preference" in your devise - "Faster Time" or "Shortest Distance". Faster time will see the devise selecting a route, especially highways, roads that have less traffic junction,etc. but it could be a longer distance. Shortest distance will lead you to places with more traffic junctions, small lanes, etc. but usually this will add to the travelling time.

If u want to donate to get Jerome's map, look here.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P