Can the map here use for Shinco GPSr?

Discussions on Mapking maps including our Malsingmaps offering. Post your feedbacks regarding our Mapking maps here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Malsing Mapking maps are brought to you through the cooperation between (1) malsingmaps.com and (2) MapAsia (owner of Mapking). They are available FREE OF CHARGE at Malsingmaps.com or through Mapking via internet, CD-ROMs, navigation devices and other bundles. However, you need to obtain original Mapking maps in order to use our maps in Mapking format. For example, you need to have a registered copy of Mapking Singapore to be able to use Malsing Singapore.

This is NOT a Mapking support forum. Please channel any required technical support to the proper Mapking support channel. We have NO OBLIGATION to provide solutions to any Mapking customer's problem. All assistance and information rendered here will be voluntary and courtesy of kind members of Malsingmaps.com.

All postings in this forum should be related to the Mapking navigation software and maps. Out of topic posting will be deleted without prior notice. Repeating offenders will be warned and banned from Malsingmaps.com.

Discussion and sharing of illegal programs and maps are not allowed. Offenders will be warned and banned from Malsingmaps.com.
avon
GPS: Sembawang, SG

Can the map here use for Shinco GPSr?

#1 Post by avon » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:58 am

might be getting a Shinco GPSr this weekend if the price is good. Since Shinco is using mapking, can i load the malsingmaps mapking into Shinco GPSr? anyone can help?

redshadow
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: Nokia N82+10X,,
Nuvi 350

Re: Can the map here use for Shinco GPSr?

#2 Post by redshadow » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:11 pm

avon wrote:might be getting a Shinco GPSr this weekend if the price is good. Since Shinco is using mapking, can i load the malsingmaps mapking into Shinco GPSr? anyone can help?
garmin nuvi is also cheap ma,
why go buy other models, when garmin nuvi now is very cheap in the market,
my 2 cents
Life Is Full Of Adventure

badrol
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Garmin Nuvi200

#3 Post by badrol » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:37 pm

avon wrote:might be getting a Shinco GPSr this weekend if the price is good. Since Shinco is using mapking, can i load the malsingmaps mapking into Shinco GPSr? anyone can help?
Please take note of the following:
- We do not provide any license keys. Don't send your MKID to us.
- Malaysia (West/East) & Singapore maps are with different unlock key. You need to purchase the map of the same country before you can use Malsing version
- All maps provided here are NOT compatible to Mapking Symbian S60 and PND (WinCE) version.....

So the answer is "NO" :cry: Go buy garmin la bro..

avon

#4 Post by avon » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:44 pm

redshadow wrote:garmin nuvi is also cheap ma,
why go buy other models, when garmin nuvi now is very cheap in the market,
my 2 cents
i dun mind getting Garmin Nuvi 200 or 200W but the cheapest i can find in ebay is S$250. Shinco is selling at S$150 but it's display set and i dun know which model yet until i go dwn to take a look.

can advice how cheap is Garmin 200 now and where to get it? can i buy garmin GPSr without the maps?

libra6868
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
GPS: Nokia5800

#5 Post by libra6868 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:52 pm

buy refurbished garmin nuvi 250.......almost same price as 200........abt USD130 (SGD180)....shipping by vpost is cheaper than direct.......only abt SGD$20...total abt $200...then you can use the free msm maps....and you got the whole USA and Canada maps.............

i am selling refurbished 250 for $250.......some even got $230 if buy more than 1 sets..........

avon

#6 Post by avon » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:48 pm

libra6868 wrote:buy refurbished garmin nuvi 250.......almost same price as 200........abt USD130 (SGD180)....shipping by vpost is cheaper than direct.......only abt SGD$20...total abt $200...then you can use the free msm maps....and you got the whole USA and Canada maps.............

i am selling refurbished 250 for $250.......some even got $230 if buy more than 1 sets..........
but where to get refurbished set? here in this forum?

i read the Garmin website, dun see any difference btw Garmin 200 n Garmin 250. anyone can point out the difference?

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#7 Post by SilverBeauty » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:54 pm

avon wrote:but where to get refurbished set? here in this forum?

i read the Garmin website, dun see any difference btw Garmin 200 n Garmin 250. anyone can point out the difference?
Hardware is identical. Difference is in the pre-loaded maps.

EastGear
GPS: Holux M-1000, MapKing

#8 Post by EastGear » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:57 pm

Shinco, Holux PND Devices etc, come Pre-Install with MapKing Software and Maps which are also bundle with MalSing Singapore, West and East Malaysia Map.

MalSing Maps updates for such devices are provided by MapKing website and not from MalSing website.

EastGear Pte Ltd
42 Horne Road S(209066)
Tel:(65)68371582
http://www.eastgear.com
sales@eastgear.com

avon

#9 Post by avon » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:23 pm

EastGear wrote:Shinco, Holux PND Devices etc, come Pre-Install with MapKing Software and Maps which are also bundle with MalSing Singapore, West and East Malaysia Map.

MalSing Maps updates for such devices are provided by MapKing website and not from MalSing website.
then shinco can be updated for free at mapking website yearly?

EastGear
GPS: Holux M-1000, MapKing

#10 Post by EastGear » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:02 am

Yes, that is correct. As long as you register your names with your Shinco Product ID with MapKing Singapore, you will be notify with all future updates.

In fact Map Updates are usually Quarterly.

You can check out all the diffrence Shinco, Holux GPS Devices at our Retail Shop or Online Shop.

avon wrote:
then shinco can be updated for free at mapking website yearly?
EastGear Pte Ltd
42 Horne Road S(209066)
Tel:(65)68371582
sales@eastgear.com