Bundled MapKing 2007 doesn't support Malsingmaps?

Discussions on Mapking maps including our Malsingmaps offering. Post your feedbacks regarding our Mapking maps here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Malsing Mapking maps are brought to you through the cooperation between (1) malsingmaps.com and (2) MapAsia (owner of Mapking). They are available FREE OF CHARGE at Malsingmaps.com or through Mapking via internet, CD-ROMs, navigation devices and other bundles. However, you need to obtain original Mapking maps in order to use our maps in Mapking format. For example, you need to have a registered copy of Mapking Singapore to be able to use Malsing Singapore.

This is NOT a Mapking support forum. Please channel any required technical support to the proper Mapking support channel. We have NO OBLIGATION to provide solutions to any Mapking customer's problem. All assistance and information rendered here will be voluntary and courtesy of kind members of Malsingmaps.com.

All postings in this forum should be related to the Mapking navigation software and maps. Out of topic posting will be deleted without prior notice. Repeating offenders will be warned and banned from Malsingmaps.com.

Discussion and sharing of illegal programs and maps are not allowed. Offenders will be warned and banned from Malsingmaps.com.
Prometheus
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin GPS 10x + iPAQ hx2750 (Holux GPslim236 backup)

Re: Bundled MapKing 2007 doesn't support Malsingmaps?

#11 Post by Prometheus » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:16 pm

stimix wrote:Aik..I tot wsian reply & link on the 2nd post oledi explained...& u r rite in the sense that only Retail version support & not the bundled version. Even in the link mentioning that They (Mapking) is looking into the problem faced by HP6965 users wth bundled version.. :-k :-k
that is true, but some vendors said that PNA like the holux gpsmile can use the Malsing Mapking. That is the statement which has to be cleared up. So far, looks like all the PNAs running mapking cannot use Malsing Mapking. Even Mapking themselves repliedan email stating that Windows CE version of Mapking cannot use Malsing Mapking. ONLY PPC version of Mapking can use Malsing Mapking. Only exception is that HP 6965 has compatibility issues with the maps even though it is PPC version.

SO thats a fact. ALL PNA using Windows CE running Mapking cannot use Malsing Mapking.

Everybody agree or not? anybody disagree?

drtamil
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Treo650+MobileXT+GPS10; VistaC; 60CSx-7units

#12 Post by drtamil » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:43 pm

wsian wrote:
porkchop wrote:i think u need to contribute before u can unclok
Yet another blur blur statement ....
Yep. Since MapKing maps are not locked. As long as you have the license for Peninsular Malaysia MapKing map, you can use the Peninsular Malaysia MalSing MapKing map. If you have license for Sg, then you can use Sg MalSing MapKing map.

The only maps that are locked are the latest MalSing Garmin maps.
Last edited by drtamil on Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glitch
GPS: MapKing 2007
HTC TyTn II, GM-4320

#13 Post by Glitch » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:36 am

Prometheus wrote:
stimix wrote:Aik..I tot wsian reply & link on the 2nd post oledi explained...& u r rite in the sense that only Retail version support & not the bundled version. Even in the link mentioning that They (Mapking) is looking into the problem faced by HP6965 users wth bundled version.. :-k :-k
[-X that is true, but some vendors said that PNA like the holux gpsmile can use the Malsing Mapking. That is the statement which has to be cleared up. So far, looks like all the PNAs running mapking cannot use Malsing Mapking. Even Mapking themselves repliedan email stating that Windows CE version of Mapking cannot use Malsing Mapking. ONLY PPC version of Mapking can use Malsing Mapking. Only exception is that HP 6965 has compatibility issues with the maps even though it is PPC version.

SO thats a fact. ALL PNA using Windows CE running Mapking cannot use Malsing Mapking.

Everybody agree or not? anybody disagree?
[-X It seems that the PND device issue is getting out of hand here. :ko:

Let uncle me explain:

MapKing for PND version that comes with Licensed Mapking SG and MY,
depends on the Terms and Conditions of the purchase CAN use the PND version of Malsing SG and MY maps.

As every one here knows that you must have a licensed retail version of Mapking SG map than u can use the Malsing SG map, which same goes to the MY version.
So in this case if u buy the PND that comes with SG or MY and the package say comes with Malsing Maps aka "Terms and Conditions", u can use the PND version of Malsing SG or MY Map.
( NOTE TO ALL: NOT ALL PND comes with Mapking SG or MY map comes free with Malsing SG or MY, it depends on the Terms and Conditions of the purchase. Other thing is that the PND version of Malsing Map are not available for self DL from online. )

Like the case for the Holux 53CL which is selling, it comes with 5 maps total,

1. Mapking Singapore Map
2. Mapking Malaysia Map
3. Malsing Singapore Map
4. Malsing Pen Malaysia Map
5. Malsing East Malaysia Map

So the user for 53CL has a "choice", not stack at using the Original Mapking Singapore Map BUT also to use the Malsing Singapore Map which same goes to Mapking MY and Malsing MY.
Which is the some logic goes for the PPC and PC uses of MapKing. More than ONE choice of Map. The word to remember is "CHOICE!"
( NOTE TO ALL AGAIN: NOT ALL Mapking PNDs are with Malsing Maps. )

OK back to the topic:
PPC Mapking Bundle Map of any country CAN NOT be use with MALSING Maps ( NO MATTER HP, DOPOD, OR WATEVER )
PND MapKing Device DEPENDS on the Term and Condition of the Device MAYBE CAN or CAN NOT use MALSING Maps.

( NOTE TO ALL AGAIN AGAIN: Malsing Maps for PND are only provided by MapKing so it can not be downloaded from online )

THE TOP INFORMATON IS PROVIDED AFTER MY 1 HOUR LONG PHONE CALL WITH MAPKING TECH SUPPORT, SO ANY THING PLEASE CALL THEM, AND DON"T BLAME ME! :x

So if u happen to have a PND like the Holux 53CL or Shinco Device with Malsing as your other choice of map, You are VERY LUCKY and should not ask for more. As for the other unlucky brothers out there who are holding one to non Malsing PND devices, its time to convert to PPC with choice of Garmin or Mapking Software. Cheers. :thumbsup:

So NOT ALL PND using Windows CE running Mapking cannot use Malsing Mapking.

Prometheus
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin GPS 10x + iPAQ hx2750 (Holux GPslim236 backup)

#14 Post by Prometheus » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:53 am

:good: excellent!! :tq: