GPS R12 Win CE Format

Discussions on Mapking maps including our Malsingmaps offering. Post your feedbacks regarding our Mapking maps here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Malsing Mapking maps are brought to you through the cooperation between (1) malsingmaps.com and (2) MapAsia (owner of Mapking). They are available FREE OF CHARGE at Malsingmaps.com or through Mapking via internet, CD-ROMs, navigation devices and other bundles. However, you need to obtain original Mapking maps in order to use our maps in Mapking format. For example, you need to have a registered copy of Mapking Singapore to be able to use Malsing Singapore.

This is NOT a Mapking support forum. Please channel any required technical support to the proper Mapking support channel. We have NO OBLIGATION to provide solutions to any Mapking customer's problem. All assistance and information rendered here will be voluntary and courtesy of kind members of Malsingmaps.com.

All postings in this forum should be related to the Mapking navigation software and maps. Out of topic posting will be deleted without prior notice. Repeating offenders will be warned and banned from Malsingmaps.com.

Discussion and sharing of illegal programs and maps are not allowed. Offenders will be warned and banned from Malsingmaps.com.
smtok
GPS: GPS BAY (G12)

GPS R12 Win CE Format

#1 Post by smtok » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:51 pm

Hi my dear friends, I am a new GPS user. Can someone tell me where can I download Singapore map.
I am currently using a GPS Bay model 3303,according to the supplier that this model is using R12 Win CE format . So what type of map should I install to my GPS?

Your kindly assist will be very much appreciated.

TQ

wsian
Site Admin
Site Admin
GPS: SIRFstar III

Re: GPS R12 Win CE Format

#2 Post by wsian » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:24 pm

We don't have maps for wince. You have get back to your gps vendor / supplier.

low4
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: Dopod_D810 + GMXT.
Nuvi 650,
Holux m241

#3 Post by low4 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:34 pm

I "guess" the SW he using is MapKing G12 which may run on CE platform.
岂能尽如人意,但求无愧吾心。- 刘四

cassy
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Garmin 76CS, Nuvi310, Ipag2210/BTGPS

#4 Post by cassy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:36 pm

GPS Bay gpsr uses Mapking R12 and though maps provided are quite comprehensive and cover W Mal, E Mal and Sing and inclusive of the Sing SLA map, they cannot use Malsing maps as provided by this forum, and R12 maps are rather specific to the gpsr and can only be provided by each supplier. You cannot even use the mapking maps provided by Mapking spore!Hopefully GPS Bay will provide updated maps during the one yr warrranty.

Cheers

JackyII
GPS: GPS Bay 3303

#5 Post by JackyII » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:39 pm

so, i guess there is no way to input speed trap/traffic light camera POI into this device?
newbie here using gps bay as well. :cry:

cassy
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Garmin 76CS, Nuvi310, Ipag2210/BTGPS

#6 Post by cassy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:55 pm

Have not tried POI in MK but if I can remember from the MK V7 days POIs are in text format and can be transferred freely in various versions of MK as long as the columns data are compatabile!

Cheers