Road trip to Melaka and Mapking error message

Discussions on Mapking maps including our Malsingmaps offering. Post your feedbacks regarding our Mapking maps here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Malsing Mapking maps are brought to you through the cooperation between (1) malsingmaps.com and (2) MapAsia (owner of Mapking). They are available FREE OF CHARGE at Malsingmaps.com or through Mapking via internet, CD-ROMs, navigation devices and other bundles. However, you need to obtain original Mapking maps in order to use our maps in Mapking format. For example, you need to have a registered copy of Mapking Singapore to be able to use Malsing Singapore.

This is NOT a Mapking support forum. Please channel any required technical support to the proper Mapking support channel. We have NO OBLIGATION to provide solutions to any Mapking customer's problem. All assistance and information rendered here will be voluntary and courtesy of kind members of Malsingmaps.com.

All postings in this forum should be related to the Mapking navigation software and maps. Out of topic posting will be deleted without prior notice. Repeating offenders will be warned and banned from Malsingmaps.com.

Discussion and sharing of illegal programs and maps are not allowed. Offenders will be warned and banned from Malsingmaps.com.
pooschey
GPS: Qstarz BT-Q1000, Axim X30 & ipaq 6365

Road trip to Melaka and Mapking error message

#1 Post by pooschey » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:21 am

I'm a newbie on this GPS thing, but I've learned a lot from this forum ove past two weeks since I started using my Qstartz BT-Q1000 paired with my old Axim X30 (which is used only for this purpose now). I took it for my trip to Melaka on Fri with family using the Malsing map, it took me all the way to Hotel Equatorial! I started the device after clearing customs at 2nd link.

When I wanted to start using Mapking 2007 on Sat to return home, I encountered a couple of issues. First, what destination do you use to get you as close as possible to Singapore? I just tried a simulation at home with Tuas and it did work, but the route stops short of the destination because the map does not have routes all the way to Singapore? It did not occur to me to use this then, so I just search for "Custom" and ended with customs in Pasir Gudang.

The second issue I had was this error when I click on the Routing button. "RT error. Storage out". I install Mapking on a 1GB card and I have like 40+ MB memory available. What does this message mean?

Thanks for any help!

dvpro
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Handheld, PDA Based

Re: Road trip to Melaka and Mapking error message

#2 Post by dvpro » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:38 am

pooschey wrote:...The second issue I had was this error when I click on the Routing button. "RT error. Storage out". I install Mapking on a 1GB card and I have like 40+ MB memory available. What does this message mean?

Thanks for any help!
Using Malsingmap Mapking, you'll get this error msg in any one of these circumstances (that I know of):
1. The POI you created that was included in the route is set too far from the road. Remedy is to set the location as near as possible to the road.
2. Another likely reason for this error is when there is a broken link on the road ie. map error (although infrequent). Usually you can determine whether this is the cause (or not) by using Mapsource with the same Malsingmap release as your Malsingmap Mapking and create a route based on the error you got from Mapking (because same release share same routing data).

And BTW, :welcome: to Malsingmaps.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

pooschey

#3 Post by pooschey » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:58 am

dvpro wrote: 2. Another likely reason for this error is when there is a broken link on the road ie. map error (although infrequent). Usually you can determine whether this is the cause (or not) by using Mapsource with the same Malsingmap release as your Malsingmap Mapking and create a route based on the error you got from Mapking (because same release share same routing data).

And BTW, :welcome: to Malsingmaps.
Thanks for the welcome! I'm enjoying the experience, but still too much to learn! I hope I can start contributing and start using the locked maps :)

I thought Mapsource only works with Garmin?

dvpro
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Handheld, PDA Based

#4 Post by dvpro » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:17 am

Yes, use the Malsing Mapsource Installer for viewing maps on your PC. Even if you don't use Garmin navigation software, you can use Mapsource to plan your journey, report errors, etc.

Please view Bro Trajet2b's GUIDE @ workaround on obtaining Mapsource.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

pooschey

#5 Post by pooschey » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:46 pm

Thanks for the link. I'll go take a look.

Sorry to ask again, but how do those of you who drive up and down between M'sia and Sgp manage when using Mapking? What destination(s) do you use before switching maps?

Thanks
dvpro wrote:
Please view Bro Trajet2b's GUIDE @ workaround on obtaining Mapsource.