Discussions on Mapking maps including our Malsingmaps offering. Post your feedbacks regarding our Mapking maps here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Malsing Mapking maps are brought to you through the cooperation between (1) malsingmaps.com and (2) MapAsia (owner of Mapking). They are available FREE OF CHARGE at Malsingmaps.com or through Mapking via internet, CD-ROMs, navigation devices and other bundles. However, you need to obtain original Mapking maps in order to use our maps in Mapking format. For example, you need to have a registered copy of Mapking Singapore to be able to use Malsing Singapore.

This is NOT a Mapking support forum. Please channel any required technical support to the proper Mapking support channel. We have NO OBLIGATION to provide solutions to any Mapking customer's problem. All assistance and information rendered here will be voluntary and courtesy of kind members of Malsingmaps.com.

All postings in this forum should be related to the Mapking navigation software and maps. Out of topic posting will be deleted without prior notice. Repeating offenders will be warned and banned from Malsingmaps.com.

Discussion and sharing of illegal programs and maps are not allowed. Offenders will be warned and banned from Malsingmaps.com.
tarryng
GPS: Delstar

Re: Feedback: Malsing-WMal

#111 Post by tarryng » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:17 pm

The entire Putra Mahkota 7/2 is missing. I live in Putra Mahkota 7/2B and i cannot find my house using the mapking july update.

I believe it is in MFM already because i tested on my friend's papago device and it can be found.

Thank you. :)

tsfatt
GPS: htc

#112 Post by tsfatt » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:21 am

just back from my wife home town .. found that the whole Taman Berlian not in the map?? (refer compare mapking map & Google map)

actually, would like to help to edit the map ..but really difficult to find the tools to merge other map into it ...
Attachments
mapking map.png
from mapking map
mapking map.png (13.36 KiB) Viewed 2844 times
tmn berlian.png
from google map
tmn berlian.png (32.2 KiB) Viewed 2844 times

Zeus73
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550, Kenwood DNX4150BT

#113 Post by Zeus73 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:53 am

tsfatt wrote:just back from my wife home town .. found that the whole Taman Berlian not in the map?? (refer compare mapking map & Google map)

actually, would like to help to edit the map ..but really difficult to find the tools to merge other map into it ...
Which HTC model are you using? Can you try if your PDA can run GPSProxy?

With this software, you can track the whole taman or even the whole Jerantut area. Send us the track log and it will appear in the next version of MSM.

You can read the MalsingWiki for more info.

tsfatt

#114 Post by tsfatt » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:26 am

"Which HTC model are you using? Can you try if your PDA can run GPSProxy?

With this software, you can track the whole taman or even the whole Jerantut area. Send us the track log and it will appear in the next version of MSM."

I using Tytn II. OK will try to install GPSProxy ...wait a minute look not easy to install ... Waw after install have to go there again lor ... OMG ..

Actually, I thought we have simple way ..ie: zoom in the google map as same level of mapking map ..then copy and paste just like microsoft paint import & export picture ... anyway will try GPSProxy and see... TQ.

Zeus73
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550, Kenwood DNX4150BT

#115 Post by Zeus73 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:36 am

tsfatt wrote:I using Tytn II. OK will try to install GPSProxy ...wait a minute look not easy to install ... Waw after install have to go there again lor ... OMG ..

Actually, I thought we have simple way ..ie: zoom in the google map as same level of mapking map ..then copy and paste just like microsoft paint import & export picture ... anyway will try GPSProxy and see... TQ.
Try reading this.

tsfatt

#116 Post by tsfatt » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:27 pm

"The preferred way of recording tracklogs on PDA that use Garmin Que with GPSProxy"

look like it for Garmin Navigator system ler ..not for Mapking ...

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

#117 Post by bartmp8 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:19 pm

tsfatt wrote:"The preferred way of recording tracklogs on PDA that use Garmin Que with GPSProxy"

Just for your information, MSM's primary product is Garmin platform maps. We happen to compile for
Mapking also, using Garmin platform data. In other words, mapping data will find its way into our garmin
map first then compiled for Mapking. Not the other way round.

I am not sure if there are any GPSr running Mapking that will give 1 sec tracklogs. Members have use
Cetus (Palm) and Nokia Sports Tracker (nokia phones) to submit tracks other than Garmin.

Mapking users can still submit POIs and error reports/feedback via Mapsource.

Put it this way, we do the hard work, you enjoy the maps. If there are feedback, untracked roads,
let us know and hopefully some Members in your area with tracking devices can follow up. That's how we
build a good map together.

Zeus73
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

#118 Post by Zeus73 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:37 pm

tsfatt wrote:"The preferred way of recording tracklogs on PDA that use Garmin Que with GPSProxy"

Try reading this.

You can continue to use MapKing with the ability to track. :thumbsup:

carz
GPS: Fujitsu T830

#119 Post by carz » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:39 am

Latest Oct2009 Mapking 2007 West Malaysia map.

Cannot do index search correctly. Type in roads like SULTAN ISMAIL, SS3 ....etc and it does not appear

wsian
Site Admin
Site Admin
GPS: SIRFstar III

#120 Post by wsian » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:57 pm

carz wrote:Type in roads like SULTAN ISMAIL, SS3 ....
We have changed the road naming convention to what it should be. Type Jalan XXXXX or Lorong XXXX from now onwards for road name search.