Discussions on Mapking maps including our Malsingmaps offering. Post your feedbacks regarding our Mapking maps here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Malsing Mapking maps are brought to you through the cooperation between (1) malsingmaps.com and (2) MapAsia (owner of Mapking). They are available FREE OF CHARGE at Malsingmaps.com or through Mapking via internet, CD-ROMs, navigation devices and other bundles. However, you need to obtain original Mapking maps in order to use our maps in Mapking format. For example, you need to have a registered copy of Mapking Singapore to be able to use Malsing Singapore.

This is NOT a Mapking support forum. Please channel any required technical support to the proper Mapking support channel. We have NO OBLIGATION to provide solutions to any Mapking customer's problem. All assistance and information rendered here will be voluntary and courtesy of kind members of Malsingmaps.com.

All postings in this forum should be related to the Mapking navigation software and maps. Out of topic posting will be deleted without prior notice. Repeating offenders will be warned and banned from Malsingmaps.com.

Discussion and sharing of illegal programs and maps are not allowed. Offenders will be warned and banned from Malsingmaps.com.
carz
GPS: Fujitsu T830

Re: Feedback: Malsing-WMal

#121 Post by carz » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:22 pm

prefer the older way of road name input since it is more efficient, without having to type in JALAN ....etc

When you are on the road, you want to type as few character as possible.
It is also confusing when some roads starts with Jalan, jln, lrg, lorong.....etc, so just skipping that and typing the name will be better.

Zeus73
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550, Kenwood DNX4150BT

#122 Post by Zeus73 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:04 pm

carz wrote:prefer the older way of road name input since it is more efficient, without having to type in JALAN ....etc

It is also confusing when some roads starts with Jalan, jln, lrg, lorong.....etc, so just skipping that and typing the name will be better.
Hmm... Garmin is not affected by this issue.

For Garmin, it doesn't matter if it is "Jalan Xxx" or "Xxx, J", when we search for "Xxx", any road name with "Xxx" will appear.

carz
GPS: Fujitsu T830

#123 Post by carz » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:37 pm

PROBLEM
If i type road name
1) "jalan industri usj 1/11", I get a whole list of roads "jalan industri usj" displayed and truncated
2) "jalan juruaudit" , the road name displayed is truncated

norazli
GPS: Ipaq 6965 - Mapking

#124 Post by norazli » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:57 am

Hi all

I'm using the Oct2009 maps for my mapking 2007.

I realised some of my POI cannot be found in this new map (available in my previous map July 2009). Because of that we get RT Storage error everytime I choose POI not in the new map.

Perhaps some old information (mapping) not being xfer to this new map?

Thanks

nocar
GPS: HTC Touch Cruise

#125 Post by nocar » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:31 pm

I already downloaded the WM_G10_Oct2009.zip. I uncompressed and came out with 'Malsing WM Oct2009.G10'. I renamed it to 'Malsing WM Oct2009.m7a' and upload it to my pda WM (HTC Cruise) using Mapking 2007. The file is readily available in the pda directory but it is not available when i want to change the map in Mapking 2007 application. Pls help.

edit - I knew the problem already and problem solved.

wish168
GPS: asus

#126 Post by wish168 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:07 am

notice that there is a broken link somewhere in the J7 Jalan Ulu Chioh road . Create a start and end point, a routing error is observed. see maps. Pls advice on how to amend the error. thank you so much.
Attachments
Jalan Ulu Chioh.JPG
Jalan Ulu Chioh (loss link).JPG

dvpro
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Handheld, PDA Based

#127 Post by dvpro » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:25 pm

wish168 wrote:Pls advice on how to amend the error. thank you so much.
You've already provided the feedback. When the mapper sees this, appropriate action will be taken. :tq:
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

myc
GPS: Asus P535

#128 Post by myc » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:14 pm

Puchong road error:
Pls check Jalan TPP 1/14 is actually Jalan TPP 1/16

ronyjarod
GPS: HTC Touch Pro Mapking 2007

#129 Post by ronyjarod » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:59 am

carz wrote:prefer the older way of road name input since it is more efficient, without having to type in JALAN ....etc

yes, the new one needs to type jalan and is really troublesome

adrianyujs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
GPS: Nuvi 205W/1350/1460/3790
HP Ipaq HX2750 + Holux GPSlim 236
Nokia 5800 + Garmin XT S60 / Mapking R12

#130 Post by adrianyujs » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:43 pm

is there any news whether PC, R12, G10 will be release soon?