I Wish to convert Malsing Map to R12/R15 format.

Discussions on Mapking maps including our Malsingmaps offering. Post your feedbacks regarding our Mapking maps here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Malsing Mapking maps are brought to you through the cooperation between (1) malsingmaps.com and (2) MapAsia (owner of Mapking). They are available FREE OF CHARGE at Malsingmaps.com or through Mapking via internet, CD-ROMs, navigation devices and other bundles. However, you need to obtain original Mapking maps in order to use our maps in Mapking format. For example, you need to have a registered copy of Mapking Singapore to be able to use Malsing Singapore.

This is NOT a Mapking support forum. Please channel any required technical support to the proper Mapking support channel. We have NO OBLIGATION to provide solutions to any Mapking customer's problem. All assistance and information rendered here will be voluntary and courtesy of kind members of Malsingmaps.com.

All postings in this forum should be related to the Mapking navigation software and maps. Out of topic posting will be deleted without prior notice. Repeating offenders will be warned and banned from Malsingmaps.com.

Discussion and sharing of illegal programs and maps are not allowed. Offenders will be warned and banned from Malsingmaps.com.
jcchua
GPS: MTK

I Wish to convert Malsing Map to R12/R15 format.

#1 Post by jcchua » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:28 am

I wish to convert Malsing map to R12 / R15 for maction software. May I know how to start? Any Sifu can guide me?

jeremaze
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
GPS: Holux & GARMIN

Re: I Wish to convert Malsing Map to R12/R15 format.

#2 Post by jeremaze » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:34 am

previously, i saw the post about the g10 covert to g12. all sifu here will ask them to see seriously <they only making g10 map> <no conversion>. now you asking for R12 and R15.
Last edited by jeremaze on Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wsian
Site Admin
Site Admin
GPS: SIRFstar III

#3 Post by wsian » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:20 am

We have said it many many times, no way men.
jeremaze wrote:PapagoR12 maps convert to MapkingR12. ....
This is violation to software copyrights. Please respect our forum rules.

jeremaze
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
GPS: Holux & GARMIN

#4 Post by jeremaze » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:26 pm

Sorry Wsian, I just want to remind Jcchua. :cry:

jcchua
GPS: MTK

#5 Post by jcchua » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:00 am

Admin,
You may have this topic remove if deem not appropriate. The original idea was to seek for help to build a program to convert the map to R12/R15 format or build from scratch base on Malsing resource not necessary from mapking. Was not sure on the legal issue.

wsian
Site Admin
Site Admin
GPS: SIRFstar III

#6 Post by wsian » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:33 am

wsian wrote:
jeremaze wrote:PapagoR12 maps convert to MapkingR12. ....
This is violation to software copyrights....
Please take note that I'm only to refer to above quoted sentence has an issue.

From G10 map to R12/R15, there are changes in data source format + XXX + YYYY +ZZZ.... all due to changes of compiler. Unless you go thru proper channel to have the right compiler and data specifications, it will be mere wasting time & resources to build yourself a converter program.