All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:25 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: iQue 3600
eTrex Vista Cx
Nuvi 650
Nuvi 1450
With a very old version of my Bali Routable map having briefly been posted here (most inappropriately...); and with a large number of people actually downloading it; I got the impression that there might be some interest in the map. So.....

Rotweiler's Bali Routable Version 3 - coverage for all of Bali. This release offers major improvements to the accuracy of the roads - especially in Sanur, Kuta, and Denpasar - as well as a number of corrections, minor fixes, and roadway alignment adjustments inland. This map is navigation-ready. This map is not locked. I am very interested in feedback - especially in the form of new alignments (tracks), POIs, and road names - especially in the inland and northern areas of the Island.

:-({|=

For more information, PM me or visit Rotweilermaps.com

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:35 am 

GPS: MapKing 2007
Bro thanks for the update. If i know there is a Bali map here i really will enjoy the trip rather then taking the local transport there.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:46 am 

GPS: X-101.599680
Y-3.192332
it there any chance that tis work on mapking2007 or can u change this format to .m7a or not?

thx 4 ur info as im going to bali this oct:) :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:24 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

eTrex Vista Cx
Nuvi 650
Nuvi 1450
Nope, no MapKing...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:56 am 

GPS: garmin nuvi 310
Garmin mobile 10x / mobile xt
Itrek / nroute
Garmin Gpsmap 276c
rotweiler: thanks for the updated map of bali. Very much appreciated.

banana_00 : i would caution you on taking your own transport in Bali coz the local police are always on the prowl for tourists and they will try to get you for the slightest traffic offence. Even some imaginary traffic offence too. So do be extra careful if you were to drive or ride in bali. And by the way, the local police are experts at recognising tourists!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:33 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nokia N78 (Garmin MXT for Navi & Racechrono for tracking)
orangminyak wrote:

banana_00 : i would caution you on taking your own transport in Bali coz the local police are always on the prowl for tourists and they will try to get you for the slightest traffic offence. Even some imaginary traffic offence too. So do be extra careful if you were to drive or ride in bali. And by the way, the local police are experts at recognising tourists!

Not so scary-lah :D ...On both my Bali holidays, I drove around & stopped few policemen for direction and also been stopped for bringing in Rented jeep from Java island!! actually I drove in to East Java & bck via Gilamanuk port @ Northern east of Bali & got stopped. after few questioning and prove of where I get the rented car, they let me go wth a friendly smile. :mrgreen: \:D/

The best part of driving is u can track & contribute ur track to rotweiler for compilation.. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:36 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

eTrex Vista Cx
Nuvi 650
Nuvi 1450
Never had a problem driving in Bali... we found the POLICE to be courteous and helpful (much more so than the Auzzies who seemed determined to make every straight stretch a racing track; and every windy road (and lots of those...) a chicane course......

The special PLUS of course is that people actually drive on the RIGHT side of the road...

:ko:

A real pity about the empty sidewalks, roads, resorts, beaches... the bombs seem to have destroyed way beyond Kuta's bars and nightclub scene... a real pity....... such a beautiful island.... such wonderful people....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:10 am 

GPS: eTrex Venture CX
Couldn't agree more! Have been driving there 3 times, and so far never had any problem with the police.

Did have one incident though, where 2 jokers on a motorbike asked us to pull over because the car was "leaking petrol". One guy disappears under the rear wheel and the other opens the hood to "help". 3 mins later we start again and after 100m, the engine stalls (surprice, surprice).
They suggest towing to a garage (theirs, no doubt), but I dive under the car and re-attach the petrol hose that they removed from the tank. Then open the hood and suck the air out of the fuel-line until the petrol starts flowing (yieak, but we were on an uphill slope).
Luckily this was on a busy road during daytime, so the jokers disappear once they realize we know what they were doing...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:16 am 
Great Travel Bum
Great Travel Bum

GPS: Nokia E52
I think Bali's an over-rated tourist trap, and the guys at the bottom of the Besakih temple complex were really con-men, so too the monkey minders at Uluwatu and restaurateurs at Kintamani. Anyway, the best way to explore Bali, for me, is to get a US$35/day chauffer-driven MPV, and let the local guy do the driving and parking, and handle the police (yes, we were once stopped by police, but Rp10k cleared things up), so that I can focus on sight-seeing and taking pics. :mrgreen:

See my Bali thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=839
and gallery: http://pics.smz8.com/main.php?g2_itemId=9803

+++

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:58 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

eTrex Vista Cx
Nuvi 650
Nuvi 1450
naim:

Really nice pictures... seems like the weather there never really changes (was rainy and dweary the last time I was there too...)

naim wrote: