DIY Seremban routable Map

Maps contributed by members of Malsingmaps.

Moderator: Moderators

nac9031
Regular
Regular
GPS: nuvi 760TWN, N82

DIY Seremban routable Map

#1 Post by nac9031 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:32 pm

Hi All Bro,

Here I post up my DIY Seremban routable map v0.10, is welcome to download and test it. Pls give me comments and advice.

:tq:

Sorry :prayer:, I have temporary romove the map from here first. Let me get more info on the copyright issue.
Last edited by nac9031 on Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

76gpsguy
Regular
Regular
GPS: 6110N + MXT

Re: DIY Seremban routable Map

#2 Post by 76gpsguy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:09 pm

:good:
It impressed me that the coverage of this map is more than 200 square km, very details road network and included a lot of POI, especially at Seremban town. How long have you taken to prepare this map? What is the source of infor, Google satellite image or actual track log?

BTW, I have using GPSMapEdit 1.0.46.2 “Verify Map” feature to verify your map and the following warnings came out.
Seremban.JPG
What are these warnings meant and how you managed to compile this map to routable map with the present of these warnings?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nac9031
Regular
Regular

#3 Post by nac9031 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:09 pm

76gpsguy wrote::good:
It impressed me that the coverage of this map is more than 200 square km, very details road network and included a lot of POI, especially at Seremban town. How long have you taken to prepare this map? What is the source of infor, Google satellite image or actual track log?

BTW, I have using GPSMapEdit 1.0.46.2 “Verify Map” feature to verify your map and the following warnings came out.
What are these warnings meant and how you managed to compile this map to routable map with the present of these warnings?
Hi Bro,

This map take me 1 month+. Part of data download from MNS-R and I track myself a lot. I also using Google satellite image.

I have use "Verify Map” in my source file, there's not error, I tested if the file from "img file" u will get this type of error.

:tq: for u support.

76gpsguy
Regular
Regular
GPS: 6110N + MXT

#4 Post by 76gpsguy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:39 pm

I notice that there are some roads appeared in your map but not in v2.29 map. If these additional roads can be incorporated in the future Malsin map then will be very good. :D

As for the warning message, do you know what is the reason to limit the minimum nodes spacing to 5.4m. :-? In other word, the accuracy of Garmin map can’t be higher than 5.4m, is that right?

nac9031
Regular
Regular

#5 Post by nac9031 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:40 pm

76gpsguy wrote:I notice that there are some roads appeared in your map but not in v2.29 map. If these additional roads can be incorporated in the future Malsin map then will be very good. :D

As for the warning message, do you know what is the reason to limit the minimum nodes spacing to 5.4m. :-? In other word, the accuracy of Garmin map can’t be higher than 5.4m, is that right?
Yes there some new road are no in v2.29, the town centre alleyway I have tracked few time, to give more accurate data. There still have few I haven track yet.

Mapedit still have same bug, if U check the roundabout at "N2 41.948 E101 58.096" actually I draw more like circle but after save the file, reopen it u will change it back to before edit.

wsian
Site Admin
Site Admin
GPS: SIRFstar III

#6 Post by wsian » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:32 pm

nac9031 wrote:Part of data download from MNS-R ...
You are reproducing our map data without prior Malsingmaps.com approval and consent. Yet in the compiled map you are claiming your own copyright. Sorry I have to ask you to remove all related data that is from Malsingmaps.com. We put up our copyright notice isn't just for fun. Please respect.

bernGPS
Senior Mapper
GPS: Garmin 10x, GPSmap78s (now become a lemon) & etrex Vista HCx

#7 Post by bernGPS » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:51 pm

76gpsguy wrote:I notice that there are some roads appeared in your map but not in v2.29 map. If these additional roads can be incorporated in the future Malsin map then will be very good. :D

You have not answered this querry yet.
nac9031 wrote: Yes there some new road are no in v2.29, the town centre alleyway I have tracked few time, to give more accurate data. There still have few I haven track yet.

Mapedit still have same bug, if U check the roundabout at "N2 41.948 E101 58.096" actually I draw more like circle but after save the file, reopen it u will change it back to before edit.
It is a shame that you are reverse engineering msm map without prior permission and than adding a few roads which you have not sent to the mapper. We need more people helping to map, not more maps to choose from.

nac9031
Regular
Regular

#8 Post by nac9031 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:43 pm

bernGPS wrote:
It is a shame that you are reverse engineering msm map without prior permission and than adding a few roads which you have not sent to the mapper. We need more people helping to map, not more maps to choose from.
Malsingmaps.com Copyright Notice
Our maps are protected by copyright laws. All rights reserved; no part of any map may be reproduced, stored in retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior written permission of the owner. By downloading the maps, you agree to be bound by the laws of copyright. Our maps are distributed free of charge for personal use. You are committing an offence if you steal, sell, reverse-engineer or package these maps as an alternative product.

These maps are not endorsed by Garmin or Mapking. We provide no warranty and bear no responsibility for any damage or loss due to any consequence of using of these maps. Use at your own risk!

I draw it on my own, If the raw track log (download from MNS-R) is belong malsingmaps.com, if is no allow. I will delete all track i download from malsingmaps.com. I sincerely want to know the track log in web sites is protect by malsingmaps.com copyright and member of malsingmaps can use others member track log.

my apology to malsingmaps.com first. I just want help member who need a more detial map of seremban.
In here I ask for approval and consent. Pls consider.

wsian
Site Admin
Site Admin
GPS: SIRFstar III

#9 Post by wsian » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:23 pm

If you want to claim that you draw it with 100% base on members' contribution, then state it clearly and give proper acknowledgment to these contribution.
If you choose to make map on your own and not helping us to improve our maps, so be it. We have nothing to say.

nac9031
Regular
Regular

#10 Post by nac9031 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:41 pm

wsian wrote:If you want to claim that you draw it with 100% base on members' contribution, then state it clearly and give proper acknowledgment to these contribution.
If you choose to make map on your own and not helping us to improve our maps, so be it. We have nothing to say.

I honestly drawing it base on the raw data I collected and I have a buy license GPSmapedit (for Google image). I post this map in "member's map section" because I want malsingmap.com member's to benefit it.

malsingmaps.com mappers is most welcome to use my data in the map.

:tq: