Bike Trails Routable ver 1.5

Maps contributed by members of Malsingmaps.

Moderator: Moderators

adilothman
Site Owner
Site Owner
GPS: GPS V,Colo 300, 60CSx, Forerunner 305 & 405, Oregon 300, Nuvi 255W, 1350, 1460, 3790, 62S

Bike Trails Routable ver 1.5

#1 Post by adilothman » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:22 am

I have cleaned up all the trails and made them routable within each trail system. This map is built from my existing trails map which is non-routable.

Note:

You can only route within a trail network - not between two different trail networks.

To route within a network, you may need to toggle off KL-R map.

Currently ONLY covering : Bukit Cahaya, Ampang Pecah, Ulu Rening, Bandar Tasik Puteri, Batu Arang, Mimaland, Pusu-Kemensah, Bukit Kiara, FRIM, RRI, Puncak Perdana, Greater Sg. Pening-Pening, Broga, Sg. Buah, Pinggiran Putrajaya, Kg. Lallang.

Incidentally, the park manager of Bukit Cahaya has allowed TRAKS access to the park with our own mountain bikes (otherwise prohibited due to bike rental operator) to see if we can open up more trails there. The ride between Empangan Sg Kuning and Empangan Sg Baru is very reminiscent of Pusu-Kemensah : only shorter but very well maintained. There's 800 acres of green to explore.

Unfortunately project suspended due to Ramadhan but we will continue after Raya. Those who like recce work and a bit of bashing can join if you're interested. By then we will be sufficiently fuelled with ketupat power!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Malsingmaps is now an official partner of Garmin to produce maps for MY, SG & Brunei.

rgyl79
GPS: Vista (Ol one) Itu Dulu
Sekarang 60Csx!

Re: Bike Trails Routable ver 1.5

#2 Post by rgyl79 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:29 pm

Thank you-thank you-thank you.....!

Been accessing Bt Cahaya through some back trails -- illegally of course, but never got as far as the trails connecting the dams.

jkhoo99
GPS: Palm Treo 650 + Garmin Mobile 10

#3 Post by jkhoo99 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:30 pm

how to import the map into mapsource? I tried M3 but it complain the name convention.

:-k

adilothman
Site Owner
Site Owner
GPS: GPS V,Colo 300, 60CSx, Forerunner 305 & 405, Oregon 300, Nuvi 255W, 1350, 1460, 3790, 62S

#4 Post by adilothman » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:50 pm

rgyl79 wrote:Thank you-thank you-thank you.....!

Been accessing Bt Cahaya through some back trails -- illegally of course, but never got as far as the trails connecting the dams.
You have tracks of your side entry? I suspect you come in through the power line land reserve? All the trails we cycled through that day were quite wide. Wider than the usual singletrack size that we are normally accustomed to (i.e tight fit just enough to pass a single bike).

The trails connecting the dam is not rideable all the way so expect portaging. There are a lot of new deadfalls but there were also some huge old deadfalls which were left there by the park rangers - probably as a challenge to the hikers who pass through here. Portage-able but certainly not for newbie riders.
Malsingmaps is now an official partner of Garmin to produce maps for MY, SG & Brunei.

loki
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Garmin 60cx

#5 Post by loki » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:00 am

adilothman wrote:
Incidentally, the park manager of Bukit Cahaya has allowed TRAKS access to the park with our own mountain bikes (otherwise prohibited due to bike rental operator) to see if we can open up more trails there. The ride between Empangan Sg Kuning and Empangan Sg Baru is very reminiscent of Pusu-Kemensah : only shorter but very well maintained. There's 800 acres of green to explore.
Hi Adil, I live nearby bkt cahaya and i also go there once in a while for quickie rides, usually all the way to bkt sapu tangan treehouse. I'd love to help recce or build new trails inside. As you said, it is a BIG place and could very well be the next Kiara. Let me know when you next go there and we could meet up.

On another note, I noticed that Kiara trails on the map are a bit outdated and incomplete. Any plan to update it? I ride the whole bukit inside out and I'm still a bit blur on the names...so maybe when we update it, we could also name each and everyone of them?

BTW, do you have to show some kind of TRAKS ID to ride into bkt cahaya? I don't even mind paying to get in.

adilothman
Site Owner
Site Owner

#6 Post by adilothman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:47 am

loki wrote: Hi Adil, I live nearby bkt cahaya and i also go there once in a while for quickie rides, usually all the way to bkt sapu tangan treehouse. I'd love to help recce or build new trails inside. As you said, it is a BIG place and could very well be the next Kiara. Let me know when you next go there and we could meet up.

On another note, I noticed that Kiara trails on the map are a bit outdated and incomplete. Any plan to update it? I ride the whole bukit inside out and I'm still a bit blur on the names...so maybe when we update it, we could also name each and everyone of them?

BTW, do you have to show some kind of TRAKS ID to ride into bkt cahaya? I don't even mind paying to get in.
Where you curi ayam to go in?

One of the things TRAKS will propose to the Park is to allow entry of outside bikes - for a fee of course - to compensate the rental operator. This will bring an influx of more serious MTB'ers and with a bigger population, more grounds can be covered quickly. The potential is definitely there.

Re: Kiara map - mostly there mah and named in the map. What did i miss? .. Snakes & Ladders, Bar-a-Kuda, Apollo, 2k, 4k, Lightning Ridge, Lower & Upper Short, Rubbish, Carnival, Flinstones, Rock Garden, Shriner's Convention, Boulder, Janie's Addiction, Mondo Cool, Clenched Spchinter, Boner, TNT, Dirty Deeds etc.

Ah .. what i have not mapped is the crazy new trail Pat built called "Sungai". I have only seen two riders clean the rock section at the bottom. They make it look soo easy. But for the majority of us mere mortals, walking it was the best option.

loki
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#7 Post by loki » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:33 pm

adilothman wrote: Where you curi ayam to go in?
It'll cost you one ayam goreng if you really want to know... :nehneh:
adilothman wrote: Re: Kiara map - mostly there mah and named in the map. What did i miss? .. Snakes & Ladders, Bar-a-Kuda, Apollo, 2k, 4k, Lightning Ridge, Lower & Upper Short, Rubbish, Carnival, Flinstones, Rock Garden, Shriner's Convention, Boulder, Janie's Addiction, Mondo Cool, Clenched Spchinter, Boner, TNT, Dirty Deeds etc.
Where got la? All i see is 'bukit kiara trail' for all the trails. #-o

adilothman
Site Owner
Site Owner

#8 Post by adilothman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:13 pm

loki wrote: Where got la? All i see is 'bukit kiara trail' for all the trails. #-o
It means you did not download the separate Bike Trails Routable :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

loki
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#9 Post by loki » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:23 pm

Ah soooo .... Ok... will download that one pronto

thanks

loki
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#10 Post by loki » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:37 pm

Would you believe I actually have the previous version img file of 'biketrails' ???

Darn! Plain forgot all about it....