More Maps... [on Mapcenter by trialbyerror]

Maps contributed by members of Malsingmaps.

Moderator: Moderators

deani77
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 42 (Navigation)

Re: More Maps... [on Mapcenter by trialbyerror]

#11 Post by deani77 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:31 pm

darkpulse wrote:Actually I am more interested in the Singapore East Map. I know how to send a map to my GPS using software like sendmap, such as this one uploaded by trialbyerror, but when i look at my GPS i do not see the tracks as seen on the image, only a few lines which I do not understand. I am also not too sure how to overlay these tracks onto a MSM map, and make both of them show up on the GPS. Could you please provide any link to point me towards the right direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
As for your 2nd question. You can overlay the map using software that bro SilverBeauty mentioned earlier 'PatchIMG or SendMap'. You can use your GPSr to hide or shown the map using map setup option. For Sendmap application you can go to cgpsmapper site.

darkpulse
GPS: Garmin 60CSx

#12 Post by darkpulse » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:32 pm

Bro deani and bro silverbeauty, thank you for the help so far. I have used sendmap to send the tracks of western Singapore as well as a topo map i downloaded from the internet together, and then imported them into MapSource. Both my GPS and Mapsource show the same thing. Basically, the tracks do not show up as they should, and if I were to guess, are just too small. I am not sure if this is the case, but I'll post screenshots. The pictures below are the overview and closeup of the tracks respectively.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#13 Post by SilverBeauty » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:37 am

darkpulse wrote:Bro deani and bro silverbeauty, thank you for the help so far. I have used sendmap to send the tracks of western Singapore as well as a topo map i downloaded from the internet together, and then imported them into MapSource. Both my GPS and Mapsource show the same thing. Basically, the tracks do not show up as they should, and if I were to guess, are just too small. I am not sure if this is the case, but I'll post screenshots. The pictures below are the overview and closeup of the tracks respectively.

If you need a mapsource topo map of Singapore, try the one from Jerome's website http://gpsmaps.jwpixs.com/

darkpulse

#14 Post by darkpulse » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:34 am

I have tried using that before as well. However, what i also need is the trials and tracks of that area for army usage. The SGTopo map offered by Jerome does not have that, and this file by trialbyerror is the only one I have found.

darkpulse

#15 Post by darkpulse » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:51 am

K sorry for my mistake. I think I managed to get it. Have all the tracks on my GPS now. Thank you!