[IMG] North Thailand Routable

Maps contributed by members of Malsingmaps.

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
User avatar
kc
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:00 am
GPS: 12XL, 60C, HP iPAQ w GPSSlim236B, Nuvi 770
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: [IMG] North Thailand Routable

#31 Post by kc » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:36 pm

If your SD Card is big enough, patch all your maps together as one Gmapsupp.img. Remember to include the blank map as the second map on your list.

All instructions are in the WIKI.

Have fun.

irenewong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:16 pm
GPS: Garmin NUVI 360
Contact:

Re: [IMG] North Thailand Routable

#32 Post by irenewong » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:12 pm

Hi KC,

Just came back from Chiang Mai. Din have much of a new stuff to share as I have a light and easy trip. But anyway here goes:

Food POI = Old ChiangMai Culture Centre (Khantoke Dinner) : N18'46.865' E099'00.074'
Attraction POI= Chiang Dao Cave = N19'23.638'E098'55.691' ( There was an existing POI that is near this location but it was an unnamed)

Another thing I realised was there was error along route 107. Sometimes when u are driving it will prompt for error and recalculate the route. As you drive further...I will go back to the normal route and instruct u to go straight. And somewhere around Thathon(The rural are of Chiang Mai). It does not know that you are going the opposite direction. It will instruct u to go further and to U-turn back after a few kilometres.

User avatar
kc
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:00 am
GPS: 12XL, 60C, HP iPAQ w GPSSlim236B, Nuvi 770
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: [IMG] North Thailand Routable

#33 Post by kc » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:28 pm

irenewong wrote:Hi KC,

Just came back from Chiang Mai. Din have much of a new stuff to share as I have a light and easy trip. But anyway here goes:

Food POI = Old ChiangMai Culture Centre (Khantoke Dinner) : N18'46.865' E099'00.074'
Attraction POI= Chiang Dao Cave = N19'23.638'E098'55.691' ( There was an existing POI that is near this location but it was an unnamed)
Glad the map worked well for you, Irene. I will take note of the POIs and include them in next revision. Thanks a bundle!
Another thing I realised was there was error along route 107. Sometimes when u are driving it will prompt for error and recalculate the route. As you drive further...I will go back to the normal route and instruct u to go straight. And somewhere around Thathon(The rural are of Chiang Mai). It does not know that you are going the opposite direction. It will instruct u to go further and to U-turn back after a few kilometres.
Hmmm... I think it is because the GPSr placed you on the wrong side of the road and hence it will prompt you to re-route. Anyway, I will recheck the locations you described along 107. Thanks for the feedback. I will be away till end Dec in Canada...will get back to my WA and N Thai maps when I return.

chinfai2
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:20 am
GPS: Garmin - Nuvi 200
Contact:

Re: [IMG] North Thailand Routable

#34 Post by chinfai2 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:40 pm

Hello, i tried to install this file into my Garmin Nuvi 200. But i notice that is not install at all when i insert the SD card into the device. Any idea guys? Appreciate some advice here. thanks.

regards,CF

rchan
V.I.P
V.I.P
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:33 pm
GPS: Garmin GPSMAP 60CSX, Gilsson 55 dB antenna
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: [IMG] North Thailand Routable

#35 Post by rchan » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:53 am

KC
Thanks for your very detailed map of this area. I'm in Chiangmai right now and will be travelling to Chiang Kong and crossing into Laos in a day's time. I can set tracking on 1 sec tracklog on my 60 CSX if you are interested in tracks in this region and send you the file when I return to NZ in late Jan.
http://rcmaps.googlepages.com/home
Free auto routing Laos, Vietnam, Samoa, Niue & NZ maps

htfoong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:25 am
GPS: GPS 250W
Contact:

Re: [IMG] North Thailand Routable

#36 Post by htfoong » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:11 am

I am going to bangkok and then to CHiangmai next week.
But after installing the THailand Mapinstaller from the map center2, why i could not get the routing?
I have downloaded the full thailand map from ThailandBirdnok website.
1) i place Bangkok as "Set Loc".
2) i place Chiangmai as "GO"
then it prompt me, "Unable to Calculate Route:No roads near destination.
I am using the GPS Simulator off, and the product i have is Nuvi 250W.
Even with the normap Garmin mapsource, after installation, i still could not get the route in simulator.
But within ChiangMai places to places, i can get the routing. But not from Bangkok to ChiangMai.
Please any experts can help me and give advices. Or link me to any routeable maps.
thanks..

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4925
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: [IMG] North Thailand Routable

#37 Post by SilverBeauty » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:45 am

htfoong wrote:I am going to bangkok and then to CHiangmai next week.
But after installing the THailand Mapinstaller from the map center2, why i could not get the routing?
I have downloaded the full thailand map from ThailandBirdnok website.
1) i place Bangkok as "Set Loc".
2) i place Chiangmai as "GO"
then it prompt me, "Unable to Calculate Route:No roads near destination.
I am using the GPS Simulator off, and the product i have is Nuvi 250W.
Even with the normap Garmin mapsource, after installation, i still could not get the route in simulator.
But within ChiangMai places to places, i can get the routing. But not from Bangkok to ChiangMai.
Please any experts can help me and give advices. Or link me to any routeable maps.
thanks..
:welcome: Bro htfoong, :welcome: to malsingmaps where all Garmin is discussed.

As to your problem, suggest you check with mapper of ThailandBirdnok.

See below links for alternatives of good maps of Thailand :

Jerome's website at http://gpsmaps.jwpixs.com/
Rotweiler's website at http://rotweilermaps.com/maps.cfm

User avatar
kc
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:00 am
GPS: 12XL, 60C, HP iPAQ w GPSSlim236B, Nuvi 770
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: [IMG] North Thailand Routable

#38 Post by kc » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:14 am

htfoong wrote:I am going to bangkok and then to CHiangmai next week.
But after installing the THailand Mapinstaller from the map center2, why i could not get the routing?
...within ChiangMai places to places, i can get the routing. But not from Bangkok to ChiangMai.
Please any experts can help me and give advices. Or link me to any routeable maps.
thanks..
I think you have downloaded 2 maps - one of N Thailand that I have posted and another by somebody else (?William)
My map is fully routable within itself. It has no cross-routing capabilities with any other map.

I am not sure if your BKK map is even routable by itself. Did you test whether routing is possible within itself? If it can, what you can do is this if you want to route to ChiangMai:

1. Create a "Waypoint" or "Favourite" on the highway just before the crossover point to my map. Route to this point for the first part of your journey.
2. Drive across the mapborders physically. When you have entered the territory covered by my map; then start a new route to your final destination in Chiang Mai.

There may however be a problem if the two maps overlap. If so, you may need to uncheck the map that you are not using until you are out of the ovelap area.

Hope this helps and I wish you a fabulous trip!

sunshine
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:21 pm
GPS: Garmin M3 and Nuvi 650
Contact:

Re: [IMG] North Thailand Routable

#39 Post by sunshine » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:44 pm

Just to say "THANKS " for the routable map for Northern Thailand. :tq: :tq:

Would be travelling to Chiang Mai in May for 11 days.. Hope to travel to Mei Sai then East to Chaing Khong and then south to Nan , Lampang and back to Chaing Mai by M/Cycle.

Plan to stay in C.Mai for a couple of days, probable limited to 2/3 days only. :( Had hope to have more time but beyond control.

Bro Rickvon probably knows as the expert of Northern Thailand ?? Hi... Rick :D But hope for your comments too.

Just some queries :-

1) Interested to go to the Royal Floral Ratchaphurek. Any idea where it is. ??? #-o
2) Renting a m/cycle cupchai ( clutchless type ). Any suggestion of rental Co ? :$gone:
3) Guest Houses ... Rent those in the Old city square of near the ThaPae / Night Market area ??? Suggestions ?? :zzz:
4) Any recommendations of interesting places which stand out ?? :shock:

Also thinking that I may be over ambitious to make the round trip to the Eastern side. :ko: Heard that the Western side of Pai -Mae Hong Son - Mae sariang route is probably shorter. How is the scenery like ??

Thanks in advance..

User avatar
Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 2738
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:37 pm
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
Location: Hougang, Sg
Contact:

Re: [IMG] North Thailand Routable

#40 Post by Redstorm » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:59 pm

sunshine wrote:Just to say "THANKS " for the routable map for Northern Thailand. :tq: :tq:

Would be travelling to Chiang Mai in May for 11 days.. Hope to travel to Mei Sai then East to Chaing Khong and then south to Nan , Lampang and back to Chaing Mai by M/Cycle.

Plan to stay in C.Mai for a couple of days, probable limited to 2/3 days only. :( Had hope to have more time but beyond control.

Bro Rickvon probably knows as the expert of Northern Thailand ?? Hi... Rick :D But hope for your comments too.

Just some queries :-

1) Interested to go to the Royal Floral Ratchaphurek. Any idea where it is. ??? #-o
2) Renting a m/cycle cupchai ( clutchless type ). Any suggestion of rental Co ? :$gone:
3) Guest Houses ... Rent those in the Old city square of near the ThaPae / Night Market area ??? Suggestions ?? :zzz:
4) Any recommendations of interesting places which stand out ?? :shock:

Also thinking that I may be over ambitious to make the round trip to the Eastern side. :ko: Heard that the Western side of Pai -Mae Hong Son - Mae sariang route is probably shorter. How is the scenery like ??

Thanks in advance..
U want bro Rickvon to respond to your queries? I am afraid he won't be able to 'cos he passed away a few months ago in a traffic accident. :(
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest