Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:07 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:20 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
Bro singawon, buy one of those FM transmitter from SLS ( one that plugs direct into the cigarette lighter of car ). Now quite cheap, plug it into the audio out of your Kohjinsha. Set the FM transmitter to a free band. Tune your in-car-audio system to that frequency and viola ....

Attachments:
FM tx1.jpg
FM tx1.jpg [ 2.79 KiB | Viewed 965 times ]
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:18 pm 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
SilverBeauty wrote:
Bro singawon, buy one of those FM transmitter ..........Tune your in-car-audio system to that frequency and viola ....

The FM transmission waveband is ideal only when one is out of range like within the flat open space or in remote areas. It is most disruptive within city limits esp. in densely populated regions with many FM stations and it becomes a nuisance to have that option on. I hardly use this feature that is built-in with my TomTom.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:46 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Nuvi 760 & iPhone4
Here's a photo taken when I was comparing the Nuvi 200 and the Nuvi 760. See both gps on the windscreen the same time.

Both seem to respond about the same time whilst navigating around in KL. However, I did notice that the 760 screen refresh is a wee bit slower than the 200.

:cheers:

Attachments:
two gps.gif
two gps.gif [ 77.95 KiB | Viewed 945 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:22 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Columbus-v700, Ipaq4150, Garmin Que, Mapking 2007. Ruvo Avox UMPC, Garmin Mobile PC.
Bro singawon,

another option for you...Mini speaker

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5187&hilit=+speaker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:21 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: 60CSx, 10X
SilverBeauty wrote:
Bro singawon, buy one of those FM transmitter from SLS ( one that plugs direct into the cigarette lighter of car ). Now quite cheap, plug it into the audio out of your Kohjinsha. Set the FM transmitter to a free band. Tune your in-car-audio system to that frequency and viola ....
The only problem with this, you cannot listen to your favorite FM radio channel as it is tuned to your FM transmitter.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:36 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
trajet2b wrote:
["SilverBeauty"]Bro singawon, buy one of those FM transmitter from SLS ( one that plugs direct into the cigarette lighter of car ). Now quite cheap, plug it into the audio out of your Kohjinsha. Set the FM transmitter to a free band. Tune your in-car-audio system to that frequency and viola ....

The only problem with this, you cannot listen to your favorite FM radio channel as it is tuned to your FM transmitter.

If you are routing to a destination, especially to one which you are unfamiliar with, you would not listen to your radio ..... :-'

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:13 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: 60CSx, 10X
SilverBeauty wrote:
If you are routing to a destination, especially to one which you are unfamiliar with, you would not listen to your radio ..... :-'
Well, believe it or not, i still do that, have my CD or radio on a comfortable listening level (not very loudly) and hearing my handheld beeping, PDA or smartphone on GMXT in unfamiliar territory. Does not need to be totally silence and listen to the routing alone. After all you still got visual display. And you are not in unfamiliar territory all the time. Otherwise everytime you are on navigation, either can listen to your GPS or Radio/CD only. To each its own. It can be done :nehneh: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:43 pm 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
trajet2b wrote:
To each its own. It can be done :nehneh: :mrgreen:

If on your own...ok lah... but with others... can become absurd and an irritation too plus, when driving albeit alone or like a "taxi" trip.... :evil: how to really enjoy with such distortions and audio disclarities driving one's head to nutz.. and focusing on the road plus incoming Hp caller and while changing lanes for quick exit etc.... not safe meh ... all because of FM (foolish maneuvre) use... #-o

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:03 pm 
Elite
Elite

GPS: XXX
I dun think so i will go for the FM option as the idea of having a good sound system on board is to enhance the pleasure in driving. \:D/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:14 pm 
Elite
Elite

singawon wrote:
I dun think so i will go for the FM option as the idea of having a good sound system on board is to enhance the pleasure in driving. \:D/

Spending well and on a super sound system on board is terrific but is completely separate to the erratic transmission that the FM passes on... that quality is in itself non controllable and a quality sound system on board gets downplayed by that very instable clarity passed on... :evil:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next