Will Solar Film Installed in CAr affect the GPS reception

General chat about GPS technology

Moderator: Moderators

AxeLa
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: Omnia HD + GMXT with 10x / Agis NavFone /Nuvi 765 /nRoute with 10X / Di~GPS on D700!

Re: Will Solar Film Installed in CAr affect the GPS reception

#11 Post by AxeLa » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:48 pm

I use V cool premium...external antenna....if u use h/p internal gps, it will be slow with v cool or Huper Optic...both ceramic base! :-'
Omnia HD with GMXT & Garmin 10X / Agis NavFone /
Nuvi 765

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

Re: Will Solar Film Installed in CAr affect the GPS reception

#12 Post by cruiser » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:17 pm

I had recently opted the SunGuard film which was added to the rear screens to protect against UV en keeping my dog cool behind. This film has a special metal layer which allows uninterrupted operation with signals for any units to work unhindered. I saw the Vendor's own vehicle with GPS on board working flawlessly. I will eventually have it done all-round. First to benefit is for my dogs with their own boot space behind followed by a Webasto heater en cooler that can also be operated/activated through my cellphone an hour in advance prior to approaching the car. :thumbsup:

:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.