Any chance that Malsingmaps develop map for Iphone3G ??

General chat about GPS technology

Moderator: Moderators

Noah
Senior Mapper
GPS: 60csx, Nuvi 2465

Re: Any chance that Malsingmaps develop map for Iphone3G ??

#11 Post by Noah » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:15 pm

Yup, we still need the compiler for the base map. Map Share is a technology that sits on top of the base map and influences route calculation if there is a street being blocked. This data is entered by the user which propagates to other users and does not need a mapper's intervention to put it in the map itself.

Good for speedtrap operations which are very dynamic in location and rather temporary in nature, at least for Malaysia.

ps Dude, I read your draft letter to TomTom and think its rather 'beggish', if there's such a word. Any chance of making it less 'beggish'? :wink:

Those who want to collaborate on drafting the letter to TomTom can view the draft here:

http://docs.google.com/View?id=ddft7bk5_02sw45x2h
Mappers wanted. Read this to get started. Payment = Recognition = Priceless.
We don't just build maps. We build relationships.

Follow our map updates on Twitter

xymaerts
GPS: Garmin 255/265W

#12 Post by xymaerts » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:41 pm

hmn.. "Beggish"? Came from the word "beg/ask for?".. Does the letter sound's "beggish"?..I thought We have to introduce ourselves to them.. Maybe i have underestimate the name "malsingmaps"...What is your suggestion? Or perhaps someone here can help to make this letter better.. Feel free to join us....
Noah wrote:Yup, we still need the compiler for the base map. Map Share is a technology that sits on top of the base map and influences route calculation if there is a street being blocked. This data is entered by the user which propagates to other users and does not need a mapper's intervention to put it in the map itself.

Good for speedtrap operations which are very dynamic in location and rather temporary in nature, at least for Malaysia.

ps Dude, I read your draft letter to TomTom and think its rather 'beggish', if there's such a word. Any chance of making it less 'beggish'? :wink:

Those who want to collaborate on drafting the letter to TomTom can view the draft here:

http://docs.google.com/View?id=ddft7bk5_02sw45x2h

xymaerts

#13 Post by xymaerts » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:02 pm

Come on guys.. don't let the thing stops here.. Your contribution is needed.. TQ

Noah
Senior Mapper
GPS: 60csx, Nuvi 2465

#14 Post by Noah » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:05 pm

Hi xymaerts,

I was moved by your enthusiasm. How about this:
Dear TomTom,

We're a mapping community for Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei and have partnered with Garmin and Mapking to produce local maps for their devices.

We get a lot of questions from users - especially from the Americas and Europe who want to visit our country - about the availability of our maps in TomTom format.

If you'd like to have our maps converted to TomTom format do communicate with us. Our community can be found at http://www.malsingmaps.com and you can reach us via email at [email here].
Is this too simple and informal?
Mappers wanted. Read this to get started. Payment = Recognition = Priceless.
We don't just build maps. We build relationships.

Follow our map updates on Twitter

xymaerts

#15 Post by xymaerts » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:16 pm

Hi Noah,
This is simple & straight to the point.. But, seems like lack of something.. Was thinking of a way to combine your statement to the draft letter.. With this, we have a Win win situation whereby it won't look "beggish" and it brings sincerity too.. Will seek my "English teacher" to look into it tonight... See he has anything to comment on this...

feis
Junior Mapper
GPS: Nüvi 360, Nüvi 200, 60CSx

#16 Post by feis » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:26 am

Interesting. If this is realised, Tom Tom will be opening new market in Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei.

xymaerts

#17 Post by xymaerts » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:50 am

Noah,
Pls review the draft letter agian... Another question is, i can't find a way to email them..

Jun_Jun
GPS: iPhone

#18 Post by Jun_Jun » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:10 am

TomTom demonstrates the world’s first dedicated in-car navigation solution for iPhone

~ TomTom develops turn-by-turn navigation application and new car kit for the iPhone ~
TomTom has made navigation available for your iPhone 3G. All you need is:
the TomTom app including the latest maps
(coming soon to the iTunes App Store)
the TomTom car kit that offers secure docking, enhanced GPS performance, clear voice instructions and hands-free calling, while charging your iPhone at the same time.

I searching for the Tom Tom map for Singapore. Get http://www.coolasia.net/ singapore has sell the Tom Tom.
According to this coolasia website regard the map
Detailed map seamlessly covering Singapore and Malaysia.
Map coverage statistics:
countries fully covered (99.9%): Singapore.
Need to check it up with Coolasia whether they do sell Tom Tom navigation application for iPhone.
I need to get it for my iphone soon. Hope Coolasia singapore has bring in this.

Check youtube for Tom Tom for iphone
Attachments
tt.jpg
tomtom iphone.jpg

xymaerts

#19 Post by xymaerts » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:34 am

Jun Jun,
Our mission here is to draft out a letter to TomTom. So that we can have TomTom comiler to compile Malsingmaps into TomTom format...Have u view the draft letter? Perhaps u can contribute something here.. TQ

Jun_Jun
GPS: iPhone

#20 Post by Jun_Jun » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:53 am

xymaerts wrote:Jun Jun,
Our mission here is to draft out a letter to TomTom. So that we can have TomTom comiler to compile Malsingmaps into TomTom format...Have u view the draft letter? Perhaps u can contribute something here.. TQ
I think we cannot decide on this, send a request letter should not be done by us. except the top management of MSM.
because they has involve many term & condition, agreement and how much tom tom want to invest on this MSM mapping firm.
just let's MSM admin to decide. :D