GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

Re: MSM Junction View Development

#221 Post by SilverBeauty » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:09 pm

jeefksk wrote:May i know how to use the JCV in my nuvi 765?
I already put the Product.JCV file in the JCV folder but dunno what difference is there.
Somemore, i go in the MapInfo try to see the thing but nothing new.
Please help...

If your 765 is a non-localized unit, then end of story .... cannot use

If your 765 is a localized unit, then you need to do the below mentioned
Go buy a SD card
create a folder /garmin
in folder/garmin create another folder /jcv

Put map file into /garmin
Put JCV file into /garmin/jcv

mnabil289
GPS: garmin nuvi

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#222 Post by mnabil289 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:28 am

can support nuvi 200?

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#223 Post by SilverBeauty » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:42 am

mnabil289 wrote:can support nuvi 200?
Should be able to use our free to download map via this link : http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 62#p205562

Go buy a SD card
Create a sub-folder /garmin
Unzip the map file and put it in the folder /garmin

cvco
GPS: Garmin 2455LMT (8.22 map), HTC TyTN, Dopod 818Pro, Garmin Mobile 10X, MoblieXT 4.20.50, MSM 5.31

#224 Post by cvco » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:31 am

Is there a list of all localized units available for purchase in Malaysia? I need the buy the cheapest unit that will give all map functions and features like junction view and lane assist, etc. I read this thread and it makes me dizzy trying to figure out which unit does what.
Charles

Zeus73
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550, Kenwood DNX4150BT

#225 Post by Zeus73 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:03 am

cvco wrote:Is there a list of all localized units available for purchase in Malaysia? I need the buy the cheapest unit that will give all map functions and features like junction view and lane assist, etc. I read this thread and it makes me dizzy trying to figure out which unit does what.
Try this.

cvco
GPS: Garmin 2455LMT (8.22 map), HTC TyTN, Dopod 818Pro, Garmin Mobile 10X, MoblieXT 4.20.50, MSM 5.31

#226 Post by cvco » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:30 am

Thanks but im not sure that helps.

People ask in this thread if their particular unit will work or not and thats what im trying to get to. The SG site lists all for sale but doesnt let you compare models for the questions. Example, 205W, though discontinued, doesnt work as noted above but the SG site doesnt say so.

The experts here know the models, what are the lowest priced models which handle everything Malsing does? Just list them if possible so that people who are shopping can focus on just those models and not make a mistake like buying a discontinued 205W.
Charles

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#227 Post by SilverBeauty » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:49 am

cvco wrote:Thanks but im not sure that helps.

People ask in this thread if their particular unit will work or not and thats what im trying to get to. The SG site lists all for sale but doesnt let you compare models for the questions. Example, 205W, though discontinued, doesnt work as noted above but the SG site doesnt say so.

The experts here know the models, what are the lowest priced models which handle everything Malsing does? Just list them if possible so that people who are shopping can focus on just those models and not make a mistake like buying a discontinued 205W.

Bro zeus73 gave you a link to Garmin Website. Click on Product Comparison icon and you will be greeted with a new page. Click on box for models of interest and then click product comparison icon again. You will be greeted with a page that list side by side comparison of all features of the product chosen. Isn't this what you want :-k :-'

As with any gadget, do your usual due diligence when selecting a particular brand - model - feature comparison ... then go to a shop who stocks all the units of interest and get a feel of the unit ... :thumbsup:

lonerwithaboner
GPS: Nokia 6110 route66

#228 Post by lonerwithaboner » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:50 pm

Hi there,

I am a new Garmin user and am utterly lost.
First I recently bought a second hand BMW from Performance Motors and they gave me a Garmin 710 unit.
I have only today tried to look and realise that there is NO map in the unit..

I am trying to download the map file from here (gmapsupp_v625 / 626). But when I try to open the gmapsupp disk image file, I keep getting error message ("The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"). I have tried with the default windows application and with winrar. Same error from both.

sigh - please please could you guys help? Thanks very much!!

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#229 Post by SilverBeauty » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:05 pm

lonerwithaboner wrote:Hi there,

I am a new Garmin user and am utterly lost.
First I recently bought a second hand BMW from Performance Motors and they gave me a Garmin 710 unit.
I have only today tried to look and realise that there is NO map in the unit..

I am trying to download the map file from here (gmapsupp_v625 / 626). But when I try to open the gmapsupp disk image file, I keep getting error message ("The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"). I have tried with the default windows application and with winrar. Same error from both.

sigh - please please could you guys help? Thanks very much!!

Download our maps from our download section. Unzip the map to its Garmin native format map file name gmapsupp.img
Go buy a SD card
Create a sub folder /garmin
Put the map file gmapsupp.img into this subfolder
Thats it

tks
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: iPhone 5, Nuvi 1250

#230 Post by tks » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:58 am

Have not visited this site for some time. So a thousand apologies if these question have been asked and answered many times!

1. For Singapore use, is MSM NT 2013.xx or City Navigator NT 2013.xx map more accurate? The CN map is about 3 times the MSM NT map, giving the impression that it is more comprehensive. But when I navigate home yesterday, the route from Marina Boulevard to ECP was already wrong on the CN map. Correct on the MSM map.

2. For the MSM NT 2.13.xx maps, there are different versions for different Nuvi models. Is the difference only in the JCV files or the map file is also different?

3. I was under the impression that the MSM v6.xx maps released on this site does not have JCV. But I just read it comes with a JCV file. Are there different JCV files for different Nuvis? And this JCV has less images that the official NT 2013.xx ones coz I see the file size much smaller? Finally, I assume this JCV file will only work for local sets?