Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:05 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 27  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:24 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Yang dalam kereta punya
cvco wrote:
Thank you. Ok i should have said that the differences i note in the maps are seen when comparing 4.08 and 5.31 in Mapsource. Switching from one map to the other to see whats updated does reveal the differences i referred to. In prior versions, one could compare maps at 70m or 150m or 1km and the maps would look the same. Now in 5.31, roads dont appear at 1km scale but do in 4.08.

To see detailed roads in 5.31 one must scale down the map a lot. - you need to set the map detail setting in mapsource at 'Highest' so that you may see road details at 700m.
Now its hard to get your bearings of where you are because you can only see streets at 70m or 150m scale which is "too close."

Also, i notice all graphics are gone in 5.31, for example parks or green areas are now just lines. Also, most of the icons are gone, its just little white-colored squares. - MSM are now in the middle of experimenting the new compiler. MSM would not dare to add any cosmetics (ie Custom POI icons, custom polygons etc) to the release maps to avoid any error during map compilations or worst affects navigations. MSM will slowly improve on that.. not to mention regarding of low JCV images.

Now, on the road, i notice in 5.31 that transitions from one tile to the next are very difficult. Sometimes i can drive 10km before the next adjacent tile will display. - will check from other users to report. As for my experience, none of the above happens whick probably for me, the map zoom level in GPS is set to 80m.

Also, the tiles dont line up to eachother, they are each askew a bit. And yes, some streets have been double tracked and also some streets are gone competely.

Maybe that was a result of new contruction or road re-alignments? - Yes, some road are re-tracked and also some old roads were removed on-site. Why don't you check for us :-'

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:54 pm 

GPS: Garmin
Do you have any Malaysia/Singapore maps that my "Garmin Mobile XT" supports?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:31 am 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Yang dalam kereta punya
yankitmy wrote:

Hi yankitmy,

Please download the maps from HERE.

Unzip the file and copy gmapsupp.img to your GMXT \\garmin\ folder. Ignore product.jcv file which included in the zip file.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:03 am 

GPS: nuvi 1300
May I know where I can download the MalSing map for my Nuvi 1300? I think its US version as box states it's preloaded with US maps although it says Made In Taiwan. Person I bought from has already installed 2010 version map as I see from the folder...

Attachment:
garmin folder.jpg
garmin folder.jpg [ 76.29 KiB | Viewed 3079 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:24 am 

iteo wrote:
May I know where I can download the MalSing map for my Nuvi 1300? I think its US version as box states it's preloaded with US maps although it says Made In Taiwan. Person I bought from has already installed 2010 version map as I see from the folder...

Attachment:
garmin folder.jpg

hm.. I found this post.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20375&start=30

and this post..
viewtopic.php?p=147348#p147348

So do I get the latest v5.33 from post 1, or the MSM NT 2010.20 referred to in post 2? Or they are the same?

If I use the v5.33, do I still need to follow the instructions in post 2, i.e. get unlock code, write into the file before copy?

I also read that it's better to use mem card. Mine uses micro SD. So means I just need to create a "Garmin" folder in the card and copy the map file above into it and the device will know to read this new map from there? no need to change any settings or remove the previous file? won't have any conflicts?

thanks gurus! Sometimes too much info confuses me.. :ko: :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:21 pm 
Qualified Mapper

GPS: Garmin 60CSx + GA25MCX
iteo wrote:
hm.. I found this post.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20375&start=30

and this post..
viewtopic.php?p=147348#p147348

So do I get the latest v5.33 from post 1, or the MSM NT 2010.20 referred to in post 2? Or they are the same?

If I use the v5.33, do I still need to follow the instructions in post 2, i.e. get unlock code, write into the file before copy?

I also read that it's better to use mem card. Mine uses micro SD. So means I just need to create a "Garmin" folder in the card and copy the map file above into it and the device will know to read this new map from there? no need to change any settings or remove the previous file? won't have any conflicts?

thanks gurus! Sometimes too much info confuses me.. :ko: :D

take a look at http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16308&start=10

you can install both maps to your nuvi.. MSM NT2011.30 and MSN NT v5.33..

MSM NT v5.xx- you dont need to unlock the map...

but you are advised to use only one map at one time.. just make your selection at Setting>Map>Map Info..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:38 pm 

thanks!! I'm checking out the thread now! another guru also gave me advice too!

thanks everyone!!! :finga:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:18 pm 

GPS: 1350
Hello, i am newbie.

i have nuvi 1350, not local. and have install MSN NT v5.33 to sd:\garmin, No problem using. May I know can I use JCV?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:43 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
cpk wrote:
Hello, i am newbie.

i have nuvi 1350, not local. and have install MSN NT v5.33 to sd:\garmin, No problem using. May I know can I use JCV?

Yes you can use the limited JCV that is available with the v5.xx - just plonk the product jcv file
into a folder "JCV" inside your Garmin folder in the SD card

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:15 pm 

GPS: Garmin XT
miezarnd wrote:
yankitmy wrote:

Hi yankitmy,

Please download the maps from HERE.

Unzip the file and copy gmapsupp.img to your GMXT \\garmin\ folder. Ignore product.jcv file which included in the zip file.

That means ..... "Garmin Mobile XT" still cannot support Junction View feature right? :-k

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 27  Next