Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

General chat about GPS technology

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
User avatar
miezarnd
Senior Mapper
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:24 am
GPS: Yang dalam kereta punya
https://goo.gl/XBdH3k
Location: Puncak Alam, SEL
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#111 Post by miezarnd » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:24 pm

cvco wrote: Thank you. Ok i should have said that the differences i note in the maps are seen when comparing 4.08 and 5.31 in Mapsource. Switching from one map to the other to see whats updated does reveal the differences i referred to. In prior versions, one could compare maps at 70m or 150m or 1km and the maps would look the same. Now in 5.31, roads dont appear at 1km scale but do in 4.08.

To see detailed roads in 5.31 one must scale down the map a lot. - you need to set the map detail setting in mapsource at 'Highest' so that you may see road details at 700m.
Now its hard to get your bearings of where you are because you can only see streets at 70m or 150m scale which is "too close."

Also, i notice all graphics are gone in 5.31, for example parks or green areas are now just lines. Also, most of the icons are gone, its just little white-colored squares. - MSM are now in the middle of experimenting the new compiler. MSM would not dare to add any cosmetics (ie Custom POI icons, custom polygons etc) to the release maps to avoid any error during map compilations or worst affects navigations. MSM will slowly improve on that.. not to mention regarding of low JCV images.

Now, on the road, i notice in 5.31 that transitions from one tile to the next are very difficult. Sometimes i can drive 10km before the next adjacent tile will display. - will check from other users to report. As for my experience, none of the above happens whick probably for me, the map zoom level in GPS is set to 80m.

Also, the tiles dont line up to eachother, they are each askew a bit. And yes, some streets have been double tracked and also some streets are gone competely.

Maybe that was a result of new contruction or road re-alignments? - Yes, some road are re-tracked and also some old roads were removed on-site. Why don't you check for us :-'
Temerloh - Sekinchan - Sg. Puyu = 7
2575LM / 3790 / 4592LM / GPSMAP 64s / Montana 650
Jalan-jalan cari makan

yankitmy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:26 pm
GPS: Garmin
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#112 Post by yankitmy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:54 pm

Do you have any Malaysia/Singapore maps that my "Garmin Mobile XT" supports?

User avatar
miezarnd
Senior Mapper
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:24 am
GPS: Yang dalam kereta punya
https://goo.gl/XBdH3k
Location: Puncak Alam, SEL
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#113 Post by miezarnd » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:31 am

yankitmy wrote:Do you have any Malaysia/Singapore maps that my "Garmin Mobile XT" supports?
Hi yankitmy,

Please download the maps from HERE.

Unzip the file and copy gmapsupp.img to your GMXT \\garmin\ folder. Ignore product.jcv file which included in the zip file.
Temerloh - Sekinchan - Sg. Puyu = 7
2575LM / 3790 / 4592LM / GPSMAP 64s / Montana 650
Jalan-jalan cari makan

iteo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:57 am
GPS: nuvi 1300
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#114 Post by iteo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:03 am

May I know where I can download the MalSing map for my Nuvi 1300? I think its US version as box states it's preloaded with US maps although it says Made In Taiwan. Person I bought from has already installed 2010 version map as I see from the folder...
garmin folder.jpg

iteo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:57 am
GPS: nuvi 1300
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#115 Post by iteo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:24 am

iteo wrote:May I know where I can download the MalSing map for my Nuvi 1300? I think its US version as box states it's preloaded with US maps although it says Made In Taiwan. Person I bought from has already installed 2010 version map as I see from the folder...
garmin folder.jpg
hm.. I found this post.
http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 5&start=30

and this post..
http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 48#p147348

So do I get the latest v5.33 from post 1, or the MSM NT 2010.20 referred to in post 2? Or they are the same?

If I use the v5.33, do I still need to follow the instructions in post 2, i.e. get unlock code, write into the file before copy?

I also read that it's better to use mem card. Mine uses micro SD. So means I just need to create a "Garmin" folder in the card and copy the map file above into it and the device will know to read this new map from there? no need to change any settings or remove the previous file? won't have any conflicts?

thanks gurus! Sometimes too much info confuses me.. :ko: :D

User avatar
nazrose
Qualified Mapper
Posts: 1192
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 10:07 am
GPS: Garmin 60CSx + GA25MCX
Location: Seberang Jerteh, Besut...
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#116 Post by nazrose » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:21 pm

iteo wrote: hm.. I found this post.
http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 5&start=30

and this post..
http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 48#p147348

So do I get the latest v5.33 from post 1, or the MSM NT 2010.20 referred to in post 2? Or they are the same?

If I use the v5.33, do I still need to follow the instructions in post 2, i.e. get unlock code, write into the file before copy?

I also read that it's better to use mem card. Mine uses micro SD. So means I just need to create a "Garmin" folder in the card and copy the map file above into it and the device will know to read this new map from there? no need to change any settings or remove the previous file? won't have any conflicts?

thanks gurus! Sometimes too much info confuses me.. :ko: :D
take a look at http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 8&start=10

you can install both maps to your nuvi.. MSM NT2011.30 and MSN NT v5.33..

MSM NT v5.xx- you dont need to unlock the map...

but you are advised to use only one map at one time.. just make your selection at Setting>Map>Map Info..

iteo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:57 am
GPS: nuvi 1300
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#117 Post by iteo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:38 pm

thanks!! I'm checking out the thread now! another guru also gave me advice too!

thanks everyone!!! :finga:

cpk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:55 pm
GPS: 1350
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#118 Post by cpk » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:18 pm

Hello, i am newbie.

i have nuvi 1350, not local. and have install MSN NT v5.33 to sd:\garmin, No problem using. May I know can I use JCV?

User avatar
bartmp8
Senior Mapper
Posts: 3060
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:35 pm
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
Location: Sandakan
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#119 Post by bartmp8 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:43 pm

cpk wrote:Hello, i am newbie.

i have nuvi 1350, not local. and have install MSN NT v5.33 to sd:\garmin, No problem using. May I know can I use JCV?
Yes you can use the limited JCV that is available with the v5.xx - just plonk the product jcv file
into a folder "JCV" inside your Garmin folder in the SD card

dng2007
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:25 pm
GPS: Garmin XT
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#120 Post by dng2007 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:15 pm

miezarnd wrote:
yankitmy wrote:Do you have any Malaysia/Singapore maps that my "Garmin Mobile XT" supports?
Hi yankitmy,

Please download the maps from HERE.

Unzip the file and copy gmapsupp.img to your GMXT \\garmin\ folder. Ignore product.jcv file which included in the zip file.
That means ..... "Garmin Mobile XT" still cannot support Junction View feature right? :-k

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests