Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

General chat about GPS technology

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
HG209
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:07 am
GPS: garmin 255w
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#141 Post by HG209 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:18 am

SilverBeauty wrote:
HG209 wrote:Hi,
I downloaded the map and save in my external memory card, but it is unable to show (i still see the old version), anyone can help me with this?
Thank u.
Did you put the map file gmapsupp.img as stated in our download thread ie...SD card/garmin :-'
Yes, i did....

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#142 Post by SilverBeauty » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:17 pm

HG209 wrote:
SilverBeauty wrote:
Did you put the map file gmapsupp.img as stated in our download thread ie...SD card/garmin :-'
Yes, i did....

Change SD card .. and if that does not work, clean the SD card contacts of your Nuvi

ace
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 574
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:00 am
GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#143 Post by ace » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:22 pm

SilverBeauty wrote:Change SD card .. and if that does not work, clean the SD card contacts of your Nuvi
Sound like a first timer...

I was wondering if he has "unticked" the old map...

And ticked/select the new map? :-k
I don't have free fish......

HG209
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:07 am
GPS: garmin 255w
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#144 Post by HG209 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:36 pm

ace wrote:
SilverBeauty wrote:Change SD card .. and if that does not work, clean the SD card contacts of your Nuvi
Sound like a first timer...

I was wondering if he has "unticked" the old map...

And ticked/select the new map? :-k
Yes. u r right, a first timer here....The new map is not shown at all, how do i "unticked' the old one and select the new map? :-?

heiwa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:47 pm
GPS: Garmin
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#145 Post by heiwa » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:59 pm

Hi I'm using Garmin Nuvi 1350 included City Navigator Indonesia NT 2010.30,Navteq
can I download the singapore map? how & where?

Thanx before

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#146 Post by SilverBeauty » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:47 pm

heiwa wrote:Hi I'm using Garmin Nuvi 1350 included City Navigator Indonesia NT 2010.30,Navteq
can I download the singapore map? how & where?

Thanx before

Download and follow the instructions from here http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 61#p196761

rextantl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:18 am
GPS: Garmin 1490T
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#147 Post by rextantl » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:34 am

Hi, is Marbella GPS able to use malsingmaps updates too? as the device have it.

nismo66
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:46 am
GPS: Garmin Vista
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#148 Post by nismo66 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:22 pm

Hi all,

I had a old etrex Vista. Previously using the MSM old version can be loaded to my device.
Now i tried getting load the latest MSM_MSv540 not successfull.

Which version of MSM is compatible with my etrex vista??

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#149 Post by SilverBeauty » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:43 pm

nismo66 wrote:Hi all,

I had a old etrex Vista. Previously using the MSM old version can be loaded to my device.
Now i tried getting load the latest MSM_MSv540 not successfull.

Which version of MSM is compatible with my etrex vista??

A discontinued product , 160 x 288 pixels 4 level gray LCD screen, limited built in memory 24M with no external SD card ability.

It cannot handle the new NT format maps and even pre NT map days, the size of map will flood the limited memory.

Last I know MSM V2.15 is 20M size might fit but this is assuming that the etrex does not have anything else loaded :-k If you want to know, MSM V2.15 was released in 2007 so the map is pretty dated ... :-'

Though limited in feature, it can still be used for plain vanilla tracking purposes with its preloaded base map.

nismo66
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:46 am
GPS: Garmin Vista
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#150 Post by nismo66 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:24 pm

:shock: !!!!
my eTrex still working fine......wat2do....js used it at d moment lol....

thx...... :c0evil:


SilverBeauty wrote:
nismo66 wrote:Hi all,

I had a old etrex Vista. Previously using the MSM old version can be loaded to my device.
Now i tried getting load the latest MSM_MSv540 not successfull.

Which version of MSM is compatible with my etrex vista??

A discontinued product , 160 x 288 pixels 4 level gray LCD screen, limited built in memory 24M with no external SD card ability.

It cannot handle the new NT format maps and even pre NT map days, the size of map will flood the limited memory.

Last I know MSM V2.15 is 20M size might fit but this is assuming that the etrex does not have anything else loaded :-k If you want to know, MSM V2.15 was released in 2007 so the map is pretty dated ... :-'

Though limited in feature, it can still be used for plain vanilla tracking purposes with its preloaded base map.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests