GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#231 Post by SilverBeauty » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:53 am

tks wrote:Have not visited this site for some time. So a thousand apologies if these question have been asked and answered many times!

1. For Singapore use, is MSM NT 2013.xx or City Navigator NT 2013.xx map more accurate? The CN map is about 3 times the MSM NT map, giving the impression that it is more comprehensive. But when I navigate home yesterday, the route from Marina Boulevard to ECP was already wrong on the CN map. Correct on the MSM map.

2. For the MSM NT 2.13.xx maps, there are different versions for different Nuvi models. Is the difference only in the JCV files or the map file is also different?

3. I was under the impression that the MSM v6.xx maps released on this site does not have JCV. But I just read it comes with a JCV file. Are there different JCV files for different Nuvis? And this JCV has less images that the official NT 2013.xx ones coz I see the file size much smaller? Finally, I assume this JCV file will only work for local sets?
Garmin commercial NT map is updated x4 times a year
Contains bells and whistles like comprehensive JCV - LA - Postal Code etc...
Different versions is because of screen resolution - size

Garmin-MSM collaboration NT map is updated weekly
JCV - LA - Postal Code gradually added on. See download section for quantity of JCV-LA

You "decide" which to use according to your needs

azizy
GPS: Garmin Nav n Go iGo 8

#232 Post by azizy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Hi,
it's been a while sinced i've been here. I just bought proton new car that comes with built in gps in the entertainment unit. Currently using LOOKATOO or something in the set.
1. Can i use garmin software on it?
It's kinda confusing using the current software. I previously used Garmin Mobile Xt on my old N82 Nokia & China made gps unit before, which is easier to use.
2. If can, how to install it?

TQ.

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#233 Post by SilverBeauty » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:01 pm

azizy wrote:Hi,
it's been a while sinced i've been here. I just bought proton new car that comes with built in gps in the entertainment unit. Currently using LOOKATOO or something in the set.
1. Can i use garmin software on it?
It's kinda confusing using the current software. I previously used Garmin Mobile Xt on my old N82 Nokia & China made gps unit before, which is easier to use.
2. If can, how to install it?

TQ.
Cannot.

frankiesiow
GPS: Nuvi2597

#234 Post by frankiesiow » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:28 am

Hi all Otai-otai,

I am a newbie here....and I just bought one Garmin Nuvi 2597 from US...and I have installed malaysia map following the instruction in this forum...I just wondering whether the junction view function will be available for my unit..appreciate your advise... :)

miezarnd
Senior Mapper
GPS: Yang dalam kereta punya
https://goo.gl/XBdH3k

#235 Post by miezarnd » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:42 am

frankiesiow wrote:Hi all Otai-otai,

I am a newbie here....and I just bought one Garmin Nuvi 2597 from US...and I have installed malaysia map following the instruction in this forum...I just wondering whether the junction view function will be available for my unit..appreciate your advise... :)
Hi,

If you downloaded MSM map v6.xx, then you can be sure that your unit can display the Junction View.

Please bear in mind, JCV images are limited in MY/SG and you may or may not see JCV images during navigation mode. Work in progress to add more image to MSM compiled map JCV.
Temerloh - Sekinchan - Sg. Puyu = 7
2575LM / 3790 / 4592LM / GPSMAP 64s / Montana 650
Jalan-jalan cari makan

frankiesiow
GPS: Nuvi2597

#236 Post by frankiesiow » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:03 pm

miezarnd wrote:
frankiesiow wrote:Hi all Otai-otai,

Hi,

If you downloaded MSM map v6.xx, then you can be sure that your unit can display the Junction View.

Please bear in mind, JCV images are limited in MY/SG and you may or may not see JCV images during navigation mode. Work in progress to add more image to MSM compiled map JCV.
Thanks for the prompt response!!! =D>

kcgoh
GPS: Garmin 60cx

#237 Post by kcgoh » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:12 pm

Hi,
May i know which map version can I install for my Nuvi 2797LM?, the unit was bought in US?. thanks.

Regards

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#238 Post by SilverBeauty » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:44 pm

kcgoh wrote:Hi,
May i know which map version can I install for my Nuvi 2797LM?, the unit was bought in US?. thanks.

Regards

Try the one from this link
viewtopic.php?p=208883#p208883

Immerse yourself into the instructions as how to install into your Nuvi in the test provided below that link :thumbsup:

Woodland730
GPS: nüvi® 255W SG/MY

#239 Post by Woodland730 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:13 am

Can my Nuvi 255W bought in Singapore support JV in MSM's NT v6.xx map?
it already has City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia NT 2012.20 [1] CN SGM NT 2012.20 ALL installed.
Thank you for advising

ace
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)

#240 Post by ace » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:11 am

Woodland730 wrote:Can my Nuvi 255W bought in Singapore support JV in MSM's NT v6.xx map?
it already has City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia NT 2012.20 [1] CN SGM NT 2012.20 ALL installed.
Thank you for advising
If your installed City Navigator can display Junction View, then it can support the Junction View of MSM's NT v6.xx map. They come from the same family genes. :mrgreen:

So, the answer is YES! :lol:

Unless I understand the family tree wrongly. :rolleyes:
I don't have free fish......