Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

General chat about GPS technology

Moderator: Moderators

Woodland730
GPS: nüvi® 255W SG/MY

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#241 Post by Woodland730 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:55 am

ace wrote:
Woodland730 wrote:Can my Nuvi 255W bought in Singapore support JV in MSM's NT v6.xx map?
it already has City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia NT 2012.20 [1] CN SGM NT 2012.20 ALL installed.
Thank you for advising
If your installed City Navigator can display Junction View, then it can support the Junction View of MSM's NT v6.xx map. They come from the same family genes. :mrgreen:

So, the answer is YES! :lol:

Unless I understand the family tree wrongly. :rolleyes:

Thank you Sir for the advise. Strangely though, my Nuvi 255W despite installed City Navigator and MSM's NT v6.xx map; it did not display Junction View along the route to the set destination. is there something i could have missed doing while installing MSM's NT v6.xx map i.e. copy and paste the gmapsupp and product.JCV into their respective folder. i appreciate your good suggestion if any.

tks
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: iPhone 5, Nuvi 1250

#242 Post by tks » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:05 am

Woodland730 wrote: Thank you Sir for the advise. Strangely though, my Nuvi 255W despite installed City Navigator and MSM's NT v6.xx map; it did not display Junction View along the route to the set destination. is there something i could have missed doing while installing MSM's NT v6.xx map i.e. copy and paste the gmapsupp and product.JCV into their respective folder. i appreciate your good suggestion if any.
Not all junctions are covered. Maybe you have not come across one yet. The commercial map JVs are mostly limited to expressway entrances & exits. Try navigating from Marine Parade to as Raffles Place via ECP. The weekly map JVs are even more limited. Only some expressway entrances & exits.

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#243 Post by SilverBeauty » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:31 am

tks wrote:
Woodland730 wrote: Thank you Sir for the advise. Strangely though, my Nuvi 255W despite installed City Navigator and MSM's NT v6.xx map; it did not display Junction View along the route to the set destination. is there something i could have missed doing while installing MSM's NT v6.xx map i.e. copy and paste the gmapsupp and product.JCV into their respective folder. i appreciate your good suggestion if any.
Not all junctions are covered. Maybe you have not come across one yet. The commercial map JVs are mostly limited to expressway entrances & exits. Try navigating from Marine Parade to as Raffles Place via ECP. The weekly map JVs are even more limited. Only some expressway entrances & exits.

Usage of the CN and MSM NT map is on a "OR" basis.

Please confirm that you had select only one of the map and not both simultaneously.

GPS: garmin

#244 Post by 6969 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:16 pm

Hi
I just bought an Australia 52lm and installed the latest NT map in the downloads section. Singapore maps appears and can navigate from one place to another no problem. The only thing missing when navigating is Street Names, it no longer says the name of the street to turn.
Anyone any idea why and how to fix this ?
Thanks

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#245 Post by SilverBeauty » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:25 am

6969 wrote:Hi
I just bought an Australia 52lm and installed the latest NT map in the downloads section. Singapore maps appears and can navigate from one place to another no problem. The only thing missing when navigating is Street Names, it no longer says the name of the street to turn.
Anyone any idea why and how to fix this ?
Thanks
Please check that voice selected is TTS ( Speaks Street Names )
Tools - Settings - Language - Voice Language

extremme
GPS: 1350

#246 Post by extremme » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:04 pm

I bought Nuvi 52LM in Singapore, does the MSM's NT v6.xx map works on this?

I used to use Nuvi 1350 for years and is always relying on MSM maps but since my 1350 is now RIP so decide to change to Nuvi52LM

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#247 Post by SilverBeauty » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:07 am

extremme wrote:I bought Nuvi 52LM in Singapore, does the MSM's NT v6.xx map works on this?
Yes
I used to use Nuvi 1350 for years and is always relying on MSM maps but since my 1350 is now RIP so decide to change to Nuvi52LM

fd2typeR
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 760

#248 Post by fd2typeR » Tue May 06, 2014 10:18 am

Hi bros, i am using Garmin Nuvi 1460. Previously had no issues at all until a few months back, i updated the MSM NT 6.xx maps and the Garmin's NT2014 map. After the update, my Garmin kept hanging while navigating and even during normal displaying of map without navigation also hang.

So i tried to disable either map at 1 time for testing. With the MSM NT 6.xx, the Garmin still hangs as usual. But when using only the NT2014 map, so far the garmin did not hang anymore for 4 days already. Will continue to monitor. Any idea why was this happening?? Both maps are installed on the unit itself, not on SD Card. If the unit doesn't hang anymore, its likely to be a conflict of the MSM NT 6.xx map.

Thanks!

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#249 Post by SilverBeauty » Wed May 07, 2014 9:22 am

fd2typeR wrote:Hi bros, i am using Garmin Nuvi 1460. Previously had no issues at all until a few months back, i updated the MSM NT 6.xx maps and the Garmin's NT2014 map. After the update, my Garmin kept hanging while navigating and even during normal displaying of map without navigation also hang.

So i tried to disable either map at 1 time for testing. With the MSM NT 6.xx, the Garmin still hangs as usual. But when using only the NT2014 map, so far the garmin did not hang anymore for 4 days already. Will continue to monitor. Any idea why was this happening?? Both maps are installed on the unit itself, not on SD Card. If the unit doesn't hang anymore, its likely to be a conflict of the MSM NT 6.xx map.

Thanks!
Use only one "active" map at a time. Please confirm you only selected one map

Please delete the MSMNT6xx and redownload a fresh copy and reload.

fd2typeR
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 760

#250 Post by fd2typeR » Thu May 08, 2014 12:11 pm

SilverBeauty wrote:
fd2typeR wrote:Hi bros, i am using Garmin Nuvi 1460. Previously had no issues at all until a few months back, i updated the MSM NT 6.xx maps and the Garmin's NT2014 map. After the update, my Garmin kept hanging while navigating and even during normal displaying of map without navigation also hang.

Thanks!
Use only one "active" map at a time. Please confirm you only selected one map

Please delete the MSMNT6xx and redownload a fresh copy and reload.
Hi, i did tried the 2nd time with just 1 map testing for both, for NT 6.xx map confirm keep hanging, but for NT2014 map, until now 1 week, never hang at all :peace: . I do not think its a bug in the download because i tried to download the newest copy and load into the unit and it still hangs with the newer 6.xx map :hair: . I wonder whether should i put into a SD Card for the 6.xx map and try it with just 1 map running to verify that 2 maps cannot be on the same storage area. :-k