Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#251 Post by SilverBeauty » Thu May 08, 2014 5:12 pm

fd2typeR wrote:
Hi, i did tried the 2nd time with just 1 map testing for both, for NT 6.xx map confirm keep hanging, but for NT2014 map, until now 1 week, never hang at all :peace: . I do not think its a bug in the download because i tried to download the newest copy and load into the unit and it still hangs with the newer 6.xx map :hair: . I wonder whether should i put into a SD Card for the 6.xx map and try it with just 1 map running to verify that 2 maps cannot be on the same storage area. :-k

One for the X files ](*,) .

I got many maps in my 3790 ... x 3 maps in main memory and rest in SD card /garmin and SD /map .. and I do switch maps depending on what I want to use to navigate to get to or to search for destination ... no crashes to date ..

fd2typeR
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 760

#252 Post by fd2typeR » Thu May 08, 2014 5:31 pm

SilverBeauty wrote:
fd2typeR wrote:
Hi, i did tried the 2nd time with just 1 map testing for both, for NT 6.xx map confirm keep hanging, but for NT2014 map, until now 1 week, never hang at all :peace: . I do not think its a bug in the download because i tried to download the newest copy and load into the unit and it still hangs with the newer 6.xx map :hair: . I wonder whether should i put into a SD Card for the 6.xx map and try it with just 1 map running to verify that 2 maps cannot be on the same storage area. :-k

One for the X files ](*,) .

I got many maps in my 3790 ... x 3 maps in main memory and rest in SD card /garmin and SD /map .. and I do switch maps depending on what I want to use to navigate to get to or to search for destination ... no crashes to date ..

Yah man....lolz...i'll try again in all different ways to see how...worse case just use NT2014 map then...no pt having a gps that keeps hanging lolz.. anyway thanks bro for your kind advises :tq:

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#253 Post by SilverBeauty » Fri May 09, 2014 2:58 pm

fd2typeR wrote:
Yah man....lolz...i'll try again in all different ways to see how...worse case just use NT2014 map then...no pt having a gps that keeps hanging lolz.. anyway thanks bro for your kind advises :tq:

One more thing. During the early days of my 3790, it did hang and crash / reset and it was due to firmware. A firmware update by Garmin and the problem went away.

Have you made sure you updated to the latest firmware ?

Huanter33
GPS: GPS

#254 Post by Huanter33 » Mon May 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Hi All,

I just bought back a nuvi 2595LMT, would like to know which version of MSM maps is suitable for my GPS?

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#255 Post by SilverBeauty » Mon May 26, 2014 11:14 pm

Huanter33 wrote:Hi All,

I just bought back a nuvi 2595LMT, would like to know which version of MSM maps is suitable for my GPS?

this version viewtopic.php?p=209832#p209832

turbocharger
GPS: Garmin 1440

#256 Post by turbocharger » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:21 pm

I am using Malsignmap in Singapore and Jerome Wee's name appear all over when i search an address.

Just bought new Garmin Nuvi 3450LM from australia with australian map. I downloaded latest version of Malsingmap and jerome wee's name appears all over the place. the 3450 refuse to allow me to select the right location except that which is marked jerome wee. As an example, I was going to Neil Road. I keyed in and it will not show me the house number i keyed in but only to one point which is where i think jerome had marked. I keyed in another location just to try, nee soon road and again, it will not recognise the house number but take me to where jerome had marked. It would not be a problem if it is a short road but it is not. so i ended up having to do search for road that is next to the intended address.

Has any one else experience this problem?

Thanks
Turbocharger

gogo2
GPS: Ipaq 2210

#257 Post by gogo2 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:05 pm

Is Malaysia map compatible with Garmin 3580LMT/3590LMT from USA?

I bought one without checking and now I'm worried.

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#258 Post by SilverBeauty » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:41 pm

gogo2 wrote:Is Malaysia map compatible with Garmin 3580LMT/3590LMT from USA?

As long as its a Garmin our maps will run on it :thumbsup:

jasonlee
Senior Mapper
GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2576R, 3560 & Etrex 30

#259 Post by jasonlee » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:37 am

turbocharger wrote:I am using Malsignmap in Singapore and Jerome Wee's name appear all over when i search an address.

Just bought new Garmin Nuvi 3450LM from australia with australian map. I downloaded latest version of Malsingmap and jerome wee's name appears all over the place. the 3450 refuse to allow me to select the right location except that which is marked jerome wee. As an example, I was going to Neil Road. I keyed in and it will not show me the house number i keyed in but only to one point which is where i think jerome had marked. I keyed in another location just to try, nee soon road and again, it will not recognise the house number but take me to where jerome had marked. It would not be a problem if it is a short road but it is not. so i ended up having to do search for road that is next to the intended address.

Has any one else experience this problem?

Thanks
Turbocharger
We haven't begun to incorporate house numbering in our map and probably never will. The USA model shows odd numbers on one side and even numbers on the other side. In Malaysia in particular, many number 4s are replaced by 3A and 13 by 12A etc (and many other anomalies). Can anyone tell me whether 3A and 12A are odd or even?
Lean not on your own understanding

gogo2
GPS: Ipaq 2210

#260 Post by gogo2 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:14 pm

SilverBeauty wrote:
gogo2 wrote:Is Malaysia map compatible with Garmin 3580LMT/3590LMT from USA?

As long as its a Garmin our maps will run on it :thumbsup:
Thank you... hehe