Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

General chat about GPS technology

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
gogo2
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:54 pm
GPS: Ipaq 2210
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#261 Post by gogo2 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:15 pm

jasonlee wrote:
turbocharger wrote:I am using Malsignmap in Singapore and Jerome Wee's name appear all over when i search an address.

Just bought new Garmin Nuvi 3450LM from australia with australian map. I downloaded latest version of Malsingmap and jerome wee's name appears all over the place. the 3450 refuse to allow me to select the right location except that which is marked jerome wee. As an example, I was going to Neil Road. I keyed in and it will not show me the house number i keyed in but only to one point which is where i think jerome had marked. I keyed in another location just to try, nee soon road and again, it will not recognise the house number but take me to where jerome had marked. It would not be a problem if it is a short road but it is not. so i ended up having to do search for road that is next to the intended address.

Has any one else experience this problem?

Thanks
Turbocharger
We haven't begun to incorporate house numbering in our map and probably never will. The USA model shows odd numbers on one side and even numbers on the other side. In Malaysia in particular, many number 4s are replaced by 3A and 13 by 12A etc (and many other anomalies). Can anyone tell me whether 3A and 12A are odd or even?

Actually we don't care. Just number it 4.

jasonlee
Senior Mapper
Posts: 2075
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:44 pm
GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2576R, 3560 & Etrex 30
Location: Penang, Malaysia
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#262 Post by jasonlee » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:41 pm

gogo2 wrote: Actually we don't care. Just number it 4.
I can understand that you don't care but not all map users are locals.

What if a user routes to 3A as advised by his friend and finds himself in front of 4? Will it not create doubts?

What about the other anomalies I mentioned but did not elaborate? If you are local, you can find out what they are.
Lean not on your own understanding

gfwong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:25 pm
GPS: garmin
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#263 Post by gfwong » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:02 pm

Hi,
Just got my new Toyota Altis with DVD-AVN yesterday. I realised that the new GPS software on this DVD-AVN does not look like Garmin. But when I checked for the map info, it is listed as MalSingMap. Could anybody help me in how to update the map for this new DVD-AVN? The unit looks like the attached picture (from Toyota Malaysia website).

Please let me know if more product information is needed.

Thanks.
Attachments
DVD-AVN.JPG

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#264 Post by SilverBeauty » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:44 am

gfwong wrote:Hi,
Just got my new Toyota Altis with DVD-AVN yesterday. I realised that the new GPS software on this DVD-AVN does not look like Garmin. But when I checked for the map info, it is listed as MalSingMap. Could anybody help me in how to update the map for this new DVD-AVN? The unit looks like the attached picture (from Toyota Malaysia website).

Please let me know if more product information is needed.

Thanks.

Pioneer commercial HD units usually comes with Papago. MsM do not produce maps for Papago. If it is a Garmin interface then map should be located in SD card/garmin sub folder with map file gmapprom.img.

gfwong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:25 pm
GPS: garmin
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#265 Post by gfwong » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:48 am

I have checked and confirm that the GPS software is not Garmin and not Papago (as in all after market Pioneer HU). The map stored in the SD card has an .dat extension and not .img extension like Garmin. However, there are 2 maps. I am guessing one is the base map and the other is the region specific map.

One interesting thing is that the map info shown on the HU is MalsingMap. See attached pics. This means that the map is from Malsingmap. I am hoping the admin here can advise if there has been any collaboration with Toyota to develop the map for this head unit and is it possible for me to download and update the map from Malsingmap? Toyota charges for map update :(

Malsingmap admin, please help. Thanks.
Attachments
navi.JPG
map version.JPG
HU.JPG

Liuism
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:32 pm
GPS: KNA G630
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#266 Post by Liuism » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:03 pm

Hi,
I need support in updating the maps
Below is the folder and file structure in the SD card
Garmin(folder)
>JVC(folder)>D2512000A.JCV(file)
gmap3d.img(file)
gmapsupp.img(file)
gmapsupp.unl(file)
Can someone advise me?
regards

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#267 Post by SilverBeauty » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:45 pm

Liuism wrote:Hi,
I need support in updating the maps
Below is the folder and file structure in the SD card
Garmin(folder)
>JVC(folder)>D2512000A.JCV(file) junction view file. Replace this file with one from our MsM zip file
gmap3d.img(file) 3D terrain file for original preloaded map
gmapsupp.img(file) Garmin map file. You need to replace file with MsM map
gmapsupp.unl(file) unlock code for the preloaded Garmin commercial map that came with your unit. For MsM compiled map you need not have unlock code
Can someone advise me?
regards

gfwong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:25 pm
GPS: garmin
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#268 Post by gfwong » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:09 am

gfwong wrote:I have checked and confirm that the GPS software is not Garmin and not Papago (as in all after market Pioneer HU). The map stored in the SD card has an .dat extension and not .img extension like Garmin. However, there are 2 maps. I am guessing one is the base map and the other is the region specific map.

One interesting thing is that the map info shown on the HU is MalsingMap. See attached pics. This means that the map is from Malsingmap. I am hoping the admin here can advise if there has been any collaboration with Toyota to develop the map for this head unit and is it possible for me to download and update the map from Malsingmap? Toyota charges for map update :(

Malsingmap admin, please help. Thanks.
Any Malsingmaps members can help me out here?

gfwong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:25 pm
GPS: garmin
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#269 Post by gfwong » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:47 pm

gfwong wrote:
gfwong wrote:I have checked and confirm that the GPS software is not Garmin and not Papago (as in all after market Pioneer HU). The map stored in the SD card has an .dat extension and not .img extension like Garmin. However, there are 2 maps. I am guessing one is the base map and the other is the region specific map.

One interesting thing is that the map info shown on the HU is MalsingMap. See attached pics. This means that the map is from Malsingmap. I am hoping the admin here can advise if there has been any collaboration with Toyota to develop the map for this head unit and is it possible for me to download and update the map from Malsingmap? Toyota charges for map update :(

Malsingmap admin, please help. Thanks.
:-?

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: Hardware Compatibility & Map Versions Guide

#270 Post by SilverBeauty » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:45 pm

gfwong wrote:I have checked and confirm that the GPS software is not Garmin and not Papago (as in all after market Pioneer HU). The map stored in the SD card has an .dat extension and not .img extension like Garmin. However, there are 2 maps. I am guessing one is the base map and the other is the region specific map.

One interesting thing is that the map info shown on the HU is MalsingMap. See attached pics. This means that the map is from Malsingmap. I am hoping the admin here can advise if there has been any collaboration with Toyota to develop the map for this head unit and is it possible for me to download and update the map from Malsingmap? Toyota charges for map update :(

Malsingmap admin, please help. Thanks.

We do not compile maps for other navigational systems other than Garmin.

Toyota already offered you a map upgrade at a cost.

Your best option is to buy an entry level Garmin Nuvi and you get free update from MsM every week vs per upgrade from Toyota at a fee :$gone:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests