badrol
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Garmin Nuvi200

Re: GPS in CBU vehicle & GPS in Proton

#31 Post by badrol » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:27 pm

garble wrote:
mike63 wrote:
Hide GPS when police road block??? This must be the joke of the century. I've never heard of anybody got caught with GPS. You think the police will screen each and every car for GPS device???
Funny it may seem.

I was once stopped by a cop in PJ. He tried to enquire what I placed on my dash board. I said it is GPS Nuvi 200. He asked whether I have any license for the devise, asking this and that (Local terms: 'carry makan". To cut short the conversation, i have to forked out 20 ringgit. No sure anyone has a similar encounter.

Perhaps, I should send this bill to Malsingmaps or who ever think this ia a joke.

Just wandering. Which authority is incharge. Suruhanjaya Komunikasi & Multimedia? If yes, let send the a letter for clarification.

garble
GPS: NUVI 200

#32 Post by garble » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:28 pm

badrol wrote: Just wandering. Which authority is incharge. Suruhanjaya Komunikasi & Multimedia? If yes, let send the a letter for clarification.
Good idea, I fully support this

qwerty1976
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200

#33 Post by qwerty1976 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:52 am

I guess Proton is not confident that a China brand can last so long. Zzzz

Don't be so ignorant. What's wrong with china made product ? Nowadays Nokia, SonyE, ...mostly are made in china. As like your expensive Dopod is not made in china.

Want to bash also be reasonable la.

Grumpy
GPS: Garmin Nuvo
Mio C320

#34 Post by Grumpy » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:54 pm

That's true la. There are many products made in China that are good. Sorry for that statement. I also use Dopod 810 and it's pretty good so far. And the Malsing / Mapking map is much better than the one that came with this mynavi from Proton!

I am just angry that Proton is still trying to give us normal Malaysians lousy products.

And this GPS is very lousy.

qwerty1976
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200

#35 Post by qwerty1976 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:41 pm

And this GPS is very lousy.

Dude, I wonder if we should believe your comments.

You keep on saying about lousy cheap china product but I found out that this myNavi is using the same hardware as Nokia 330 that only sold in Europe market. How can something so lousy being used in Europe ? Who are you trying to fool ?

badrol
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#36 Post by badrol » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:51 pm

Grumpy wrote:And this GPS is very lousy.
Care to explain further. Hardware issue or software issue or both?

Grumpy
Mio C320

#37 Post by Grumpy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:36 pm

Really?

Have you even tested the product yourself? I have.

If you like, I can sell a mynavi to you. Proton price is about $1,000.

How about you buy mine for $900?

It IS lousy. Period.

badrol
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#38 Post by badrol » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:59 pm

Grumpy wrote:Really?

Have you even tested the product yourself? I have.

If you like, I can sell a mynavi to you. Proton price is about $1,000.

How about you buy mine for $900?

It IS lousy. Period.
Aiya, don't la making general statement. Give example bro, your experiance etc. You are only willing to give 10% discount. If the product is sooooo lousy, perhap you are willing to give 50% discount :$gone: =P~

I'm interested to read actual & specific issue, easier for all of us to understand the problem. Perhap you can compare with other product.

feis
Junior Mapper
GPS: Nüvi 360, Nüvi 200, 60CSx

#39 Post by feis » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:29 am

I'd take it for RM100. PM if interested.

Grumpy
Mio C320

#40 Post by Grumpy » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:45 am

Fair enough.

Here's a summary of what I think of the GPS thingy.

1) Map for Klang is not accurate, especially for the small roads. Went to Melaka last month, and it was very bad. Outside the main town, it was practically empty.
2) If the GPS is not plugged into a cigarette lighter, then it would last about 3 hours. After the battery is flat, you cannot turn it on even if you plug it into a cigarette lighter. After about 1 hour of charging, then you can turn it back on. When you turn it back on, then it goes back to default settings and you must configure the entire settings again, ie. Select Language, Set Date/Time etc.
3) There are 4 settings for navigation (shortest distance, shortest time etc). I have tried all 4 variations and the voice navigation is wrong. The female voice is always telling me I am going the wrong way (every 100 meters) and to make a U-turn. In the end, I simply turned off the voice volume.
4) When it is giving directions, the voice will talk every 100 meters. Therefore, the voice is always talking. For example, in 500 meters, turn left. In 400 meters, turn left. And so on.
5) With Mapking, it would recalculate if you go in a different direction. With mynavi, when you choose a destination then it has only one fixed route in mind. If you deviate from that fixed route, then it will tell you "you are going the wrong way, please make a u-turn" to its original route. It does not recalculate and give you new directions.

BTW, I can sell it back to the Proton dealers for at least $500 because I asked them last time (supposedly the retail price $1,900 and Proton special price $1,030). You should walk into a Proton branch and check it out yourself.

I am still using my Dopod with GPS. It is much better.