Moderator: Moderators

pajero
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Present: Nuvi 660, Oregon 300 & Zumo 550

Past: 60CSx, Nuvi 200, Nuvi 710, Vista HCx, CO 300

Re: Garmin & Mac can now play together on OS X : Garmin Bobcat

#21 Post by pajero » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:21 pm

sabre23t wrote:Hence, converting "[Mapsource] GM-MySin June 2007 Installer (Free)" into TGZ/GMAPI can be easily done for use of Mac only Garmin Bobcat users. Right, feis? ;-)
it even worked for locked maps...

I have converted my locked map into the TGZ/GMAPI format... and used it in the Mac and worked.
Bottom line, if it's a legal map on the PC, it can be used in the Mac. \:D/

feis
Junior Mapper
GPS: Nüvi 360, Nüvi 200, 60CSx

#22 Post by feis » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:27 pm

sabre23t wrote:
Hence, converting "[Mapsource] GM-MySin June 2007 Installer (Free)" into TGZ/GMAPI can be easily done for use of Mac only Garmin Bobcat users. Right, feis? ;-)
True. That's what I want to point out all along.

But for people with 'Mac only', they still need PC to install the locked malsingmaps map to Mapsource/gmapsupp.img and later to tgz/gmapi. Thus the suggestion to put the tgz/gmapi for installation on Bobcat as it is ALMOST similar to putting the All-In-1 gmapsupp.img earlier on. Actually, anybody can do it if it's just for use with Bobcat as the GPSr ID does not matter but it would be proper to do it officially, say by a mapper or moderator.

sabre23t
Councillor
Councillor
GPS: Nuvi1350 and Google Maps Android

#23 Post by sabre23t » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:11 pm

feis wrote:
sabre23t wrote:Hence, converting "[Mapsource] GM-MySin June 2007 Installer (Free)" into TGZ/GMAPI can be easily done for use of Mac only Garmin Bobcat users. Right, feis? ;-)
Actually, anybody can do it if it's just for use with Bobcat as the GPSr ID does not matter but it would be proper to do it officially, say by a mapper or moderator.
I don't think there's any mapper with access to a Mac to confirm the conversion works okay. If there are more users here who are "Mac only" requesting for the June Installer to use in Garmin Bobcat, I'd say just attach the TGZ/GMAPI file to a post here. We can make it official later. O:)
The world is MyMaps!

cahoy
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200

#24 Post by cahoy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:42 pm

sabre23t wrote:
feis wrote:Actually, anybody can do it if it's just for use with Bobcat as the GPSr ID does not matter but it would be proper to do it officially, say by a mapper or moderator.
I don't think there's any mapper with access to a Mac to confirm the conversion works okay. If there are more users here who are "Mac only" requesting for the June Installer to use in Garmin Bobcat, I'd say just attach the TGZ/GMAPI file to a post here. We can make it official later. O:)
thanks for the support, sabre23t. but actually for the mac-only user, the June installer is not really a problem, as I can transfer the img file directly in my GPSr.

the locked version one is the problem, because I need the gmapi/any source file for bobcat, eventually to get the unlock codes.

is there anybody else here that is a mac-only user like me?

sulphur
VC, Muster of Events
VC, Muster of Events
GPS: Nuvi 360T
Nuvi 200
Colorado 300
eTrex Vista Hcx
SureshotGPS

#25 Post by sulphur » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:07 pm

cahoy wrote: is there anybody else here that is a mac-only user like me?
Yeah...me! And still waiting for 'Mapsource for Mac'. Hopefully have enough cat lives before Garmin come out with it. [-o<
At the moment, I m hijacking my friend's PC to install maps. Why God have to punish us!!! :cry:

BTW, how much is that Parallel Desktop?
A member of Ponkaquogue Municipal Golf Links since 1984

feis
Junior Mapper

#26 Post by feis » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:46 pm

Parallels Desktop is about RM339 or around that. You can buy online (http://www.parallels.com) for USD79 or USD99 depending on version. You can try it for the first 30 days, IIRC.

I have tried to post the .tgz/.gmapi file of the previous and latest version of malsingmaps here but has not been successful. I did succeed when sending it via gmail direct to requestor. Note that gmail can be used to send/receive files up to 20MB.

izani
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#27 Post by izani » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:57 am

feis wrote:Parallels Desktop is about RM339 or around that. You can buy online (http://www.parallels.com) for USD79 or USD99 depending on version. You can try it for the first 30 days, IIRC.

I have tried to post the .tgz/.gmapi file of the previous and latest version of malsingmaps here but has not been successful. I did succeed when sending it via gmail direct to requestor. Note that gmail can be used to send/receive files up to 20MB.
Yeah.. online cheaper. Or you can try VMWare Fusion.. similar price. OR if you don't want to buy, can try VirtualBox - open source.

Cheers
-- IR --

dinooo
GPS: none

#28 Post by dinooo » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:45 pm

feis wrote:
Anyway, for those with GPSr and "Mac only" who need to install & unlock GM-MySinv215.exe, I can do it for you and send you the gmasupp.img. Just send me your unlock code you received from mapper. Don't worry. The unlock code can only be used with your GPSr ID. You don't even need to tell me you GPsr ID.
Thanks. Pls see pm.

feis
Junior Mapper

#29 Post by feis » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:50 pm

Hi all mac only users,

I would like to point out that I has never been able to post the files for bobcat or the locked files here. I believe it is due to the size of the files combined with my internet connection and perhaps the settings of the forum. So far all files has been sent via GMail which allows up to 20MB per email. So I would appreciate if you could include your GMail with the request. Better still, if you have dot mac, configure it to accept file submission/set a guest account and I can directly put it there.

I will try to find a better way later on.

carboncopy
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx

Garmin Bobcat - Mapsource equivalent for Mac Os X

#30 Post by carboncopy » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:43 pm

Garmin Mac Os X softwares :
http://www8.garmin.com/macosx/

Bobcat is still in beta, but seems to be working ok.

It lost all the POI from Malsingmaps though. But then again, the map was converted on Windows machine with mapsource using mapconverter.
Garmin_BobCat.jpeg
Garmin_BobCat.jpeg (169.94 KiB) Viewed 1226 times