Device for track logging

General chat about GPS technology

Moderator: Moderators

anthonyvoo

Re: Device for track logging

#21 Post by anthonyvoo » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:34 am

ahbahari wrote:Already have nuvi series. I only want another device where I could do the tracking.. Don't want to break my purse again to buy the device :$gone:

Holux M-241 is your best choise..... Tracklog 13,000 point..... Continue tracklog 1 second interval up to 36hours. after track for whole day u can save it to ur computer in gpx format, kml format.

This gps logger with a LCD screen display can view your gps coordinate on the spot, edit the logging setting, start and stop logging with button.

this it not only a logger, it is also a gps receiver, can pair with yout mobile phone, PDA phone, laptop as a GPS Navigator by using bluetooth connection. and the best is using AA battery, so you can get a alkaline AA battery easily anywhere.

the price also really AFFORDABLE.

as GEREMAZE said.... the Holux M-241 is coming soon. be patient, dont simply by 60CSx if u don't really need it. It is maybe only half and the half price of 60CSx

stimix
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nokia N78 (Garmin MXT for Navi & Racechrono for tracking)

#22 Post by stimix » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:56 am

This is based from the past tracklogs submitted by members & chatting during GGs. ...Main culprit is because no 1sec recording and thus the tracklogs will be similar to those using Garmin Que instead of GPS Proxy...Unless u go really-really slow & use an ext antenna
darthobiguan wrote:Hi Stimix,

Any particular reason why Garmin 10x is inferior compared to other BT GPSr when it comes to tracking performance?
On the suggestion on Garmin 60Csx, reason why it is good is because of superior battery lifespan, waterproof & weather proof, & the best for tracking purposes. However...on navigation, this is not really good because no voice guidance (TTS)..just "beep" & screen abit small.

Thus for both tracking & navigation, the best is still BT GPSr (sirfIII) & pairing wth any high speed PDA. (Comby of Garmin Que + GPS Proxy)...All-in one GPSr PDA is also good but due to the fact that u can't place the PDA very near to windscreen, BT still better. (Unless u buy a re-rad ext antenna..then all-in one PDA is good)

bernGPS
Senior Mapper
GPS: Garmin 10x, GPSmap78s (now become a lemon) & etrex Vista HCx

#23 Post by bernGPS » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:48 am

stimix wrote:On the suggestion on Garmin 60Csx, reason why it is good is because of superior battery lifespan, waterproof & weather proof, & the best for tracking purposes. However...on navigation, this is not really good because no voice guidance (TTS)..just "beep" & screen abit small.
But stimix, it will become a submarine if dropped into the water. Better get the floating one leh. Aout the same price mah and same spec. Best of all no need holder to mount in most cars. :mrgreen:

jeremaze
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
GPS: Holux & GARMIN

#24 Post by jeremaze » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:17 pm

anthonyvoo wrote:
ahbahari wrote:Already have nuvi series. I only want another device where I could do the tracking.. Don't want to break my purse again to buy the device :$gone:

Holux M-241 is your best choise..... Tracklog 13,000 point..... Continue tracklog 1 second interval up to 36hours. after track for whole day u can save it to ur computer in gpx format, kml format.

This gps logger with a LCD screen display can view your gps coordinate on the spot, edit the logging setting, start and stop logging with button.

this it not only a logger, it is also a gps receiver, can pair with yout mobile phone, PDA phone, laptop as a GPS Navigator by using bluetooth connection. and the best is using AA battery, so you can get a alkaline AA battery easily anywhere.

the price also really AFFORDABLE.

as GEREMAZE said.... the Holux M-241 is coming soon. be patient, dont simply by 60CSx if u don't really need it. It is maybe only half and the half price of 60CSx
YAYA.... :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

mcuz
GPS: been testing allot of them

#25 Post by mcuz » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:52 pm

do you have the need to log tracks local? Otherwise you can always store your tracks on a trackserver and then download them from where ever you want. then you can choose from a huge variety of GPS/GPRS/GSM devices and cellphones.
Franson Technology employee
www.gpsgate.com - www.franson.com

haffez66
Regular
Regular
GPS: Dopod 810+GMXT
Garmin Nuvi205w US version

#26 Post by haffez66 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:39 pm

I'm using PDA WM6 + Gpsproxy v2.2c for recording track.
Read WIKI for details http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.p ... y_versions

sabelt
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Garmin Oregon 300

#27 Post by sabelt » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:36 am

get a 76csx
tough, reliable and floatable
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ahbahari
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 200 v3.4; eTrex Vista HCx + PC mobile Re Radiating antenna

#28 Post by ahbahari » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:07 pm

Sorry just came back from Bkt Mertajam

I really know now what a good life with GPS. At one time, we are really hungry, I just press and straight it suggested where is the nearest location for dining.. :mrgreen:

By the way, I'm really grateful for all the input so far regarding GPS logger. I'm doing some homework now as well which unit to buy.

Keep it up guys :good:
Come on Gunners..

ahbahari
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 200 v3.4; eTrex Vista HCx + PC mobile Re Radiating antenna

#29 Post by ahbahari » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:10 pm

Bro jeremaze

Please let me know the price once it arrive yeh... :wink:
Come on Gunners..

jeremaze
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
GPS: Holux & GARMIN

#30 Post by jeremaze » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:38 pm

ahbahari wrote:Bro jeremaze

Please let me know the price once it arrive yeh... :wink:
Ok... Stock Are on it's way...
I believe The price is the lowest one....compare to others!