Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:57 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:35 pm 

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200 (noob)
Please support and use Waze to increase the efficiency of the new GPS network!

The Waze is a community-powered app that allows drivers and motorists to passively send GPS data and thus help other drivers with information regarding road conditions, traffic levels, speed traps, hazards and pretty much any similar problems faced while driving.

The driver’s driving speed is relayed to Waze servers and depending on the speed, the quality of traffic is judged. If the traffic is clogged, then that information could be given to other users. All automated and anonymous. The user only has to launch the Waze app and leave it open while driving.

The apps like Waze are fully dependent on its community, the more people use it the better it gets. And though it’s a relatively new app I already found it rather useful. Check it out. Thanks !

Just search it in the Android Market for download and it's free! :peace:
For more info: http://world.waze.com/

HTC Legend - OS Android 2.1

Visit Here! ☣☢

Unlock Your Nuvi's Potential

Malsingmaps Designation : 122021
:rokz: :radio:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:31 pm 

GPS: HTC Desire
Waze is a free social mobile app that enables drivers to build and use live maps, real-time traffic updates and turn-by-turn navigation for an optimal commute. 100% powered by users the more you drive the better it gets.

Download GPS for free to your cellphone with waze and join the community of drivers in your area today. Click the button below to get going, then get out on the road, and get wazing! http://world.waze.com/download/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:44 pm 

GPS: No such
Hope it will be compatible with my Android. Have you tested the app with different devices? Do I need any additional settings?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:52 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Vista Cx
S'pore-R 3.97
Malsing NT5.27
HighTechie wrote:
Hope it will be compatible with my Android. Have you tested the app with different devices? Do I need any additional settings?

Tried Waze on Android, the map has problem with KPE - it asks me to turn around when I want to use KPE from TPE. Have since uninstalled and continue to use HTC's Locations (bundled free with my HTC Sensation XE).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:25 pm 

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 1350 GPS Navigator
I'm a Wazer myself and I love it a lot after downloading it onto my new Samsung Galaxy S2 bought from XXXXXX I was thinking that I must pay for some expensive apps like Sygic or Papago! but thank God I discovered Waze.

The traffic conditions are accurate most of the time but some of the lesser used roads are still incomplete but I do think that with more users using it, this would eventually be solved. Although with every update they tried to make it simpler, reporting a traffic condition or a hazard can be dangerous for the driver too though because you'll be taking your eyes off the road.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:36 am 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
Stephanie Lim wrote:
.....Although with every update they tried to make it simpler, reporting a traffic condition or a hazard can be dangerous for the driver too though because you'll be taking your eyes off the road.

Hi Stephanie, like you, I have the S2 but use it only as an option (whenever I need a 3rd option). However, I'll have it downloaded to my Galaxy S Mp4 WiFi 5,0 instead and see how that will be of use... :-$ :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:02 pm 

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 1350 GPS Navigator
cruiser wrote:
Stephanie Lim wrote:
.....Although with every update they tried to make it simpler, reporting a traffic condition or a hazard can be dangerous for the driver too though because you'll be taking your eyes off the road.

Hi Stephanie, like you, I have the S2 but use it only as an option (whenever I need a 3rd option). However, I'll have it downloaded to my Galaxy S Mp4 WiFi 5,0 instead and see how that will be of use... :-$ :mrgreen:

haha cool. look forward to hear your thoughts on Waze.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:24 pm 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
Stephanie Lim wrote:
haha cool. look forward to hear your thoughts on Waze.

Well, for a start like late last nite.... I spotted a Wazer in a vicinity (I drove past this early morning) that showed his location and obviously parked since it revealed it as being 0kph.... pretty cool to see that disclosure too!!

No contact was made cos its tidoh time...heheh and that location is residential but his Wazer UI is still on showing just two of us still awake in a city of almost 1,4 million.... and only two Wazers ....hehehhh.

What I found incredible is the "spot-on" location to a meter or two accuracy... Alleluyah!!!

I like the disclosure of streets shown, its far more than TT or Garmin in proportion to zoom range and very clearly spaced out and I can also pan tilt and switch over easily since I installed it on my Samsung Galaxy S Mp4 WiFi 5,0.
The signal strength is another thing to praise on... one can leave it on the lap and simply listen to the TTS guidance.... inside the home, 10 meters from the nearest window sill and the signals are the same as being outside.... fantastic.

It repeats/reminds like every 80 to 200 meters covered within a dense urban location and so far it has been spot on as well just 15 - 35 meters before any turn or side street encountered.

One thing I realized is the need to have social network activated otherwise it will not get you signed up or be involved which is fundamentally behind the core concept with communal sharing of data once you hit the roads.

:mrgreen: Waze a snap>>>: Waze1, Waze2, Waze3, Waze4, Waze5, Waze6.