laptop setup for newbie

Discussions on running GPS applications on your PC, Notebook or other mobile PCs

Moderator: Moderators

vanhelsingmarc
GPS: nokia e66

Re: laptop setup for newbie

#11 Post by vanhelsingmarc » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:25 pm

bros.. i am using a Kohjinsha SH series netbook. i tried to pair my Nokia E66 via bluetooth as an external gps. i installed symartic software in my nokia. Now my netbook recognizes my nokia as an serial port. i followed meticulously all the steps from here..http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.p ... S_receiver .

STEP FOUR: Settings

3. Now you go back to GPSProxyPC Setting and select as follows:
* GPS:
o GPS type: NMEA 0183
o GPS COM Port: “The com port that your PC assigned for your Bluetooth device”
o Baud Rate: 4800
* Application:
o Application COM Port: eg COM30 (the COM port you selected for CNCA0)

4. Now open Garmin NRoute.
1. Go to Utilities -> Select GPS -> Serial Port, select the COM port you chose for CNCB0, eg COM31.

i cant see the com port i selected for CNCA0 in the scroll down list. Other ports available thou. Frustrating man..

Zeus73
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550, Kenwood DNX4150BT

#12 Post by Zeus73 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:53 pm

vanhelsingmarc wrote:bros.. i am using a Kohjinsha SH series netbook. i tried to pair my Nokia E66 via bluetooth as an external gps. i installed symartic software in my nokia. Now my netbook recognizes my nokia as an serial port. i followed meticulously all the steps from here..http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.p ... S_receiver .

STEP FOUR: Settings

3. Now you go back to GPSProxyPC Setting and select as follows:
* GPS:
o GPS type: NMEA 0183
o GPS COM Port: “The com port that your PC assigned for your Bluetooth device”
* Application:
o Application COM Port: eg COM30 (the COM port you selected for CNCA0)

4. Now open Garmin NRoute.
1. Go to Utilities -> Select GPS -> Serial Port, select the COM port you chose for CNCB0, eg COM31.

i cant see the com port i selected for CNCA0 in the scroll down list. Other ports available thou. Frustrating man..
:welcome:
Err... I think the guide didn't say anything about using a Symbian phone as GPSr.

How are you going to get your E66 to transfer the GPS data using bluetooth?

mnd_43
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: 6210 Navigator

#13 Post by mnd_43 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:41 pm

Zeus73 wrote:How are you going to get your E66 to transfer the GPS data using bluetooth?
He is using ExtGPS by Symartic n turns any Symbian60 HP with built in GPS like N95 , 6210 Navigator etc into
external bluetooth GPSr ...
vanhelsingmarc wrote:i cant see the com port i selected for CNCA0 in the scroll down list. Other ports available thou. Frustrating man..
did U have tried Serial Port Auto detect ?
before that make sure your GPSproxyPC can communicate via bluetooth to your symbian60 BT GPSr ...

n before that make sure u have edit your registry by running regedit properly ...
1.jpg
Attachments
2.jpg
:D ... de 9W2BPN

vanhelsingmarc

#14 Post by vanhelsingmarc » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:46 pm

i dowloaded this EXTgps which streams as Neam0813 signal via bluetooth to laptop.

bro its was mentioned if i am using version 1.7 above i no need to set the registry. but anyway i already check the registry. i can see the com that i renamed. sorry for the noob question--> what is set detect serial port auto ? thanks in advance

vanhelsingmarc

#15 Post by vanhelsingmarc » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:39 pm

brothers... i manage to sort it out. the problem was. bluetooth pan network driver was disable in hardware device manager. after i enable it.. i saw series of new coms appeared and auto installing. going to test the gps soon in open sky. but.. dun manage to dowload the free map into mapsource.. :-&
vanhelsingmarc wrote:i dowloaded this EXTgps which streams as Neam0813 signal via bluetooth to laptop.

bro its was mentioned if i am using version 1.7 above i no need to set the registry. but anyway i already check the registry. i can see the com that i renamed. sorry for the noob question--> what is set detect serial port auto ? thanks in advance

dvpro
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Handheld, PDA Based

#16 Post by dvpro » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:50 pm

vanhelsingmarc wrote:brothers... i manage to sort it out. the problem was. bluetooth pan network driver was disable in hardware device manager. after i enable it.. i saw series of new coms appeared and auto installing. going to test the gps soon in open sky. but.. dun manage to dowload the free map into mapsource.. :-&
:good: there. As for the Mapsource mapset, read this post on how to request for access and unlock codes to MSM v3.05: viewtopic.php?p=150187&f=4#p150187
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

vanhelsingmarc

#17 Post by vanhelsingmarc » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:27 pm

\:D/ Gentleman finally i got it connected. it's tracking. GPS id is 1234567890. But i dont think i can u that to unlock any maps. I am not really software inclined. But i will try to contribute to my best of knowledge. Yday unlocked map more of a lines and dark patches. Yet to taste the real navigation power. Nokia E66 took bout good 10-12mins to have a lock on. i tested my buddies E71 much faster. Maybe my nokia had few falls b4..

Btw gentleman , where can i buy maps ? i really not good at softwares.. wat else editing POI and contributing. i cant wait to use my laptop + nokia GPSr set... i need map... :ko:

Thanks for your help guys..Really appreciate it.

mnd_43
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

#18 Post by mnd_43 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:58 pm

vanhelsingmarc wrote: \:D/ Btw gentleman , where can i buy maps ? i really not good at softwares.. wat else editing POI and contributing. i cant wait to use my laptop + nokia GPSr set... i need map... :ko:

Thanks for your help guys..Really appreciate it.
Download MSM-MySin.rar here
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=31
open it with rar n run the .exe file
... then MSM V2.30 will be installed in your mapsource n u can navigate it with nroute !

:D

vanhelsingmarc

#19 Post by vanhelsingmarc » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:14 am

Bro Mnd_43 ,

That means i no need to unlock it ? older map with lesser details ?i can live with that.. Btw i going to install Roadrunner software into the laptop. So i can assign shortcuts to start Nroute once i start the car. Will update more... Thanks Man..

mnd_43
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

#20 Post by mnd_43 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:40 am

vanhelsingmarc wrote:Bro Mnd_43 ,

That means i no need to unlock it ? older map with lesser details ?i can live with that.. Btw i going to install Roadrunner software into the laptop. So i can assign shortcuts to start Nroute once i start the car. Will update more... Thanks Man..
V2.30 is good already ...
Dont know your location ... if u r in Sing the maps is not much different than the latest
n if u r in Msia only got some few route error n lacks of new Tamans n kampung roads !
... but u will never be lost again !

U have tried garminmobile PC ?

:D