laptop setup for newbie

Discussions on running GPS applications on your PC, Notebook or other mobile PCs

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
vanhelsingmarc
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:40 pm
GPS: nokia e66
Contact:

Re: laptop setup for newbie

#21 Post by vanhelsingmarc » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:52 pm

Garminmobile PC ?? no idea wat is that bro.. going to google it now.. :) btw it can use our V2.30 map ? its USD59 by dvd. release 2008..

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4925
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: laptop setup for newbie

#22 Post by SilverBeauty » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:19 am

vanhelsingmarc wrote:Garminmobile PC ?? no idea wat is that bro.. going to google it now.. :) btw it can use our V2.30 map ? its USD59 by dvd. release 2008..

Garmin Mobile PC is a navigational software by Garmin for use in a Laptop with or without built in GPS. If it has built-in GPS then do not need to get an external bluetooth puck.

More details via this link : https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=139&pID=13484

And yes, it can use our Maps or any of Garmin available maps

mnd_43
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 950
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:51 am
GPS: 6210 Navigator
Location: MALAYSIA
Contact:

Re: laptop setup for newbie

#23 Post by mnd_43 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:38 am

SilverBeauty wrote:Garmin Mobile PC is a navigational software by Garmin for use in a Laptop with or without built in GPS. If it has built-in GPS then do not need to get an external bluetooth puck.
Wow ... u are going to have a very large Nuvi !
Like mine ... 14" nuvi =P~

:D
:D ... de 9W2BPN

168
Regular
Regular
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:54 pm
GPS: Nuvi 765 SG/MY
Contact:

Re: laptop setup for newbie

#24 Post by 168 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:30 pm

vanhelsingmarc wrote:\:D/ Gentleman finally i got it connected. it's tracking. GPS id is 1234567890. But i dont think i can u that to unlock any maps. I am not really software inclined. But i will try to contribute to my best of knowledge. Yday unlocked map more of a lines and dark patches. Yet to taste the real navigation power. Nokia E66 took bout good 10-12mins to have a lock on. i tested my buddies E71 much faster. Maybe my nokia had few falls b4..

Btw gentleman , where can i buy maps ? i really not good at softwares.. wat else editing POI and contributing. i cant wait to use my laptop + nokia GPSr set... i need map... :ko:


Thanks for your help guys..Really appreciate it.
If your E66 lock on is slow, go Nokia service centre to update the firmware.
Or you can do it yourself if adventurous.
Took me > 1 hr to update to latest version 300.21.012. But lock on much faster now ,ard 1 min.

Have been using Garmin PC on laptop with Nokia ExtGPS, no problem at all.
As said - Beautiful big map esp with colourful polygons.

vanhelsingmarc
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:40 pm
GPS: nokia e66
Contact:

Re: laptop setup for newbie

#25 Post by vanhelsingmarc » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:30 pm

Bro 168,

i have to purchase.. ? :wink: .. hehehe. i am using Kohjinsha SH now.things i need for the setup is :

1.laptop
2.E66 with Extgps
3.GMPC
4.QUE

Thats all ? need gps proxy or com0com ? same procedure like nroute setup ? i need to uninstall everything now. btw i not yet able to load a map into nroute.. hahaha. only the locked map with black blackground.. i am pc dumb

User avatar
dvpro
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2887
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:37 pm
GPS: Handheld, PDA Based
Location: KUL, MY
Contact:

Re: laptop setup for newbie

#26 Post by dvpro » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:03 pm

vanhelsingmarc wrote:Bro 168,

i have to purchase.. ? :wink: .. hehehe. i am using Kohjinsha SH now.things i need for the setup is :

1.laptop
2.E66 with Extgps
3.GMPC
4.QUE

Thats all ? need gps proxy or com0com ? same procedure like nroute setup ? i need to uninstall everything now. btw i not yet able to load a map into nroute.. hahaha. only the locked map with black blackground.. i am pc dumb
If you use GMPC, you can have direct connection to E66/ExtGPS, no need for GPSGate of GPSProxy.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

mnd_43
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 950
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:51 am
GPS: 6210 Navigator
Location: MALAYSIA
Contact:

Re: laptop setup for newbie

#27 Post by mnd_43 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:41 pm

vanhelsingmarc wrote:.. hahaha. only the locked map with black blackground.. i am pc dumb
I think u r setting your nRoute with night colors or automatic ... U run it at night time !
At nRoute ... just click Edit / preferences / Display ... Colors ... select auto , day or night !

By successfully installing the nRoute ... =D> I dont believe u r a pc dumb ! ... really a smart one :thumbsup:

:D ... It wont be a black background all the times !
:D ... de 9W2BPN

User avatar
Zeus73
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2619
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:54 am
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550, Kenwood DNX4150BT
Location: Yew Tee, Singapore
Contact:

Re: laptop setup for newbie

#28 Post by Zeus73 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:13 pm

vanhelsingmarc wrote:only the locked map with black blackground..
I never used nRoute before. But I read that it reads the map from MapSource.

I think you need to unlock the maps in MapSource too.

Read this and the post after that.

vanhelsingmarc
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:40 pm
GPS: nokia e66
Contact:

Re: laptop setup for newbie

#29 Post by vanhelsingmarc » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:31 pm

bro.. not smart la.. took me nearly 2 weeks to sort it out. but now.. i kinda has infatuation with gmpc.. need to activate ha ? i downloaded... and update it to latest version. havent connect a gps , not yet register.. and no maps...

after reading bout the activation via internet i am worried it will become the trial version. i want it to be permanent.. Haiya.. my quest for mobile pc..
:rock:

mnd_43
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 950
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:51 am
GPS: 6210 Navigator
Location: MALAYSIA
Contact:

Re: laptop setup for newbie

#30 Post by mnd_43 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:49 pm

vanhelsingmarc wrote:bro.. not smart la.. took me nearly 2 weeks to sort it out. but now.. i kinda has infatuation with gmpc.. need to activate ha ? i downloaded... and update it to latest version. havent connect a gps , not yet register.. and no maps...

after reading bout the activation via internet i am worried it will become the trial version. i want it to be permanent.. Haiya.. my quest for mobile pc..
:rock:
Haiya bro ...
like mine too ... only the trial version :mrgreen: n can use our ExtGPS directly ...
... From my point of view Laptop as GPS is not so practical to use ...

nRoute is free but so outdated n GMPC ... :$gone:
n fixing to the dashboard is quite a problem too !

emmm ... ynot from now just study how to get the unlock code
... n get a nuvi !

:D
:D ... de 9W2BPN

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests