My new GPS, Viliv X70

Discussions on running GPS applications on your PC, Notebook or other mobile PCs

Moderator: Moderators

amf14
GPS: Nuvi 360 for Navigation / iPhone 3G for tracking

Re: My new GPS, Viliv X70

#11 Post by amf14 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:32 pm

I have the viliv s5 with Win7 installed.

quaky: Congratulations on your new toy! If you have the latest GMPC (v 5.00.60), launch it together with nRoute and your screen will not dim/blackout. My s5 also gets hot so I always use the car adapter and remove the battery. Makes a lot of difference! You should also get the viliv car mount (my s5 comes with it when I bought it).

quaky
Regular
Regular
GPS: Holux GPSlim + XDA 2
Holux M241

#12 Post by quaky » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:55 pm

amf14 wrote:I have the viliv s5 with Win7 installed.

quaky: Congratulations on your new toy! If you have the latest GMPC (v 5.00.60), launch it together with nRoute and your screen will not dim/blackout. My s5 also gets hot so I always use the car adapter and remove the battery. Makes a lot of difference! You should also get the viliv car mount (my s5 comes with it when I bought it).
Yea i got the car mount, anyway the batt is not hot it's the device itself. I'm making my own 'Hat' for it... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

carlover
Community POI leader
Community POI leader
GPS: Nuvi 765 Version 2.0 (SG/MY)

#13 Post by carlover » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:25 am

quaky wrote:
Yea i got the car mount, anyway the batt is not hot it's the device itself. I'm making my own 'Hat' for it... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Brother, the adaptor is connected to the device itself instead onto the cradle, right?

Kind of troublesome when removing from the cradle for keeping and putting it back when driving.
P/S : Provide Speed Limit & Exact Coordinates for SpeedTraps & Traffic Cam Alerts, thanks

quaky
Regular
Regular
GPS: Holux GPSlim + XDA 2
Holux M241

#14 Post by quaky » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:38 pm

carlover wrote:

Brother, the adaptor is connected to the device itself instead onto the cradle, right?

Kind of troublesome when removing from the cradle for keeping and putting it back when driving.
Ya into the device, puting it in cradle need getting used to cause of the lock...