Help for laptop [nRoute]

Discussions on running GPS applications on your PC, Notebook or other mobile PCs

Moderator: Moderators

benyeap
GPS: Holux

Re: Help for laptop [nRoute]

#21 Post by benyeap » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:48 pm

dvpro, that's the gps cradle unit I'm using but the U1010 is the 3.5G version though. In fact I'm now typing this message on the cradle.

dvpro
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Handheld, PDA Based

#22 Post by dvpro » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:56 pm

benyeap wrote:dvpro, that's the gps cradle unit I'm using but the U1010 is the 3.5G version though. In fact I'm now typing this message on the cradle.
Wow, that's cool Benyeap! :thumbsup: So apart from tracking, you're able to access internet on the move. Is your's with XP or Vista, how do you find the performance especially when tracking?
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

benyeap
GPS: Holux

#23 Post by benyeap » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:10 pm

dvpro wrote:
benyeap wrote:dvpro, that's the gps cradle unit I'm using but the U1010 is the 3.5G version though. In fact I'm now typing this message on the cradle.
Wow, that's cool Benyeap! :thumbsup: So apart from tracking, you're able to access internet on the move. Is your's with XP or Vista, how do you find the performance especially when tracking?
It is preloaded with Vista Home Premium but one can downgrade to XP Tablet anytime since drivers are available. Anyhow performance for Vista is not too shabby on this device, just do some tweakings & disable those not useful start-up programs will do the job. Tracking is fine with the cradle but reception ain't too good, maybe it is the V-Kool.

chipun
Regular
Regular
GPS: gmxt+Nokia Sports Tracker

#24 Post by chipun » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:21 am

hi all,

since this topic talking about nRoute with laptop, i would like to ask whether this combo can do tracking? or any suggestion on traking with laptop+GPSr? any software?

TQ

darthobiguan
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 610, E71 + GPS10x + Symbian GMXT + NRoute + Nokia Suports Tracker + GMPC

#25 Post by darthobiguan » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:30 am

Yes, nRoute can do tracking.
chipun wrote:hi all,

since this topic talking about nRoute with laptop, i would like to ask whether this combo can do tracking? or any suggestion on traking with laptop+GPSr? any software?

TQ

kjskho1
Regular
Regular
GPS: Kenwood DNX7100, Holux GPSlim236

#26 Post by kjskho1 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:13 pm

since it's long Raya holiday, i started to play around with nRoute.

I followed the wiki and successfully setup the nRoute + GPSProxyPC + com0com to navigate. 1 noob question which I couldn't find in wiki, how do i use nRoute to log 1sec track? where is the log file saved? and do i need any software to convert it to mapsource format?

I used to use PDA to track, but after upgrade to wm6.1 the gpsproxy does not work anymore, so i wish to use my laptop to do this and continue to contribute...
:finga: GPS = Go Pang Sai :finga:
:jacko: