Garmin Mobile PC

Discussions on running GPS applications on your PC, Notebook or other mobile PCs

Moderator: Moderators

easirider
GPS: Garmin 76csx ; IPAQ 200 Enterprise + solar bluetooth gps; HP rx3715 + holux 236

Garmin Mobile for PC

#1 Post by easirider » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:02 am

Garmin mobile xt now available on PC. Not free though, selling on garmin website for usd 99 with gps20x or usd 59.99 for the software only. Link below.
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=13484
Id imperfectum manet dum confectum erit

lost4ever
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 370 & 765

Re: Garmin Mobile for PC

#2 Post by lost4ever » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:51 pm

Thanks for posting but it has been around for quite awhile now.
Citius Altius Fortius

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#3 Post by cruiser » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:40 am

While I was inquiring around out of curiosity on the WT bit concerning the Midland model in the USA... I came accidentally back to my long awaited Garmin Mobile PC that is still like unheard of in my immediate large chain stores that also stock Garmins!!! ](*,)

Fortunately, it has passed the pre order stage I was informed not as long as 3 weeks back... It has arrived and available over the counter!!! Yay!!! \:D/

My other biz friend missed it a week or so ago while in Houston but he's heading back again while we are in Asia in May.

I placed an order and to be picked up at the shop when he arrives back in the USA.

I have ordered the Mobile PC with the North American Maps with it and with that complete package, I get the full Monty, so nothing is left out.

Once it arrives in Holland, shall I then order the City Navigator maps DvD for Europe, so that would be one time and a separate cost naturally.
It came to USD$129,99. with the sensor and dashboard mount support as I was informed by the Seller on the phone.

Good thing I was glad about and confirmed by him is that I don't have to depend on any hotspot or WiFi to get hooked up... that is what I was looking out for when on the road with a fairly larger screen and plenty of gig space this time to envelope all the POIs on the planet with the lappy which the widescreen GPS is unable to load all of it being limited with cache memory and or external SD cards that needs to be interchanged for every different region.

Buy/Invest/Sell Real Estate ~ PayPal Calculator
Image ~ Driving Range added << Black Mountain Golf & Realty >> Animation – Interested? Contact at this >> Email.
>> WiKi Smart move or >> WiKi Basics or >> WiKi on PDA + BT >>SpeedTest HERE<< Nuvi Tutorial ~ I use GlareStomper® Shades >> SGP highlights
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

trajet2b
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: 60CSx, 10X, Nuvi3597LMT, Kenwood DNX9170S

#4 Post by trajet2b » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:51 am

=P~ =P~ =P~

Bro Cruiser, I am looking forward to your review on this GMPC. \:D/

Hopefully it would be as good as GMXT and better than nRoute.

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#5 Post by SilverBeauty » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:34 am

Performance should be on par with a Nuvi + GPS 10X or 20X GPS Puck as basically it is a Nuvi emulator that runs in a PC.

The GUI ( Graphical User Interface ) is identical to the Nuvi. Advantage is that you have the big screen of the Lappy.

I would consider this for my Kohjinsha UMPC except that I already have my Nuvi. :mrgreen:

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#6 Post by cruiser » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:43 am

Heyyy, U R both awake oredi... I need to hit the hammock soon... meeting 2moro about new venture in Golf... =D> with Dutch Inventor...

I will for sure Brother... but only after May... in June actually, when I return back to Europe after our Asian holidays... maybe to Australia...haiyaahhh, wife lah... want to be in NZ and Ozzyland as ell... we got only two kakis each .... :ko: :mrgreen:
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

TranceSpirit
Regular
Regular
GPS: HTC Himalaya + Garmin 10X + Mobile XT + I-Go 8

Garmin Mobile PC

#7 Post by TranceSpirit » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:24 am

the Garmin Mobile PC has been released into market now to replace nRoute, anyone tried it ?

TranceSpirit
Regular
Regular

Re: Garmin Mobile PC

#8 Post by TranceSpirit » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:19 am

Ok here is the link to download
http://www.garmin.com/software/GarminMobilePC_50010.exe

UNRAR it and install by the main.msi, non-garmin receiver usage need to purchase activate the software.
Last edited by TranceSpirit on Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

cruiser
Elite
Elite

#9 Post by cruiser » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:40 am

That's interesting... :tq: for the link!!! :thumbsup:

TranceSpirit
Regular
Regular

#10 Post by TranceSpirit » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:25 am

just load all maps into mobile pc folder like usual as you do in MXT or nuvi, I am having hard time to connect GPS 10x in garmin sentence mode, if change to NMEA it works like a charm......
This is basically a great navigation software to turn my laptop into 17" big screen Nuvi.